Horizon Shades

Misc Horizon Shades 3.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello friend, sorry for the delay, I'm dedicating myself to MOD. I just released the new version 4.2, let's see how it looks on your computer and then tell me, say, urgently, so I can help you because I'm here solving some errors that may occur. And of course I'll be happy for some of your reviews, so I know how it looks on your computer.

This track is interlagos right? So as it is not an official version of the Corsican design, probably who created it must have used too much shine, but with version 4.1 it would be great
Thanks! Yeah it was Interlagos. I'll test the new version and give you feedback.

I edited post #140 with some info that my video clips in this thread to date are a tad misleading, if you hit this post and have skipped past that one worth having a read please. there is a trade off you can have if this mod impacts your performance too much, i have always had it as a consequence of my hardware setup.

test the new version with the recommended options and with the correct step by step, do not change anything, then tell me if all your problems have been solved

With the new version I solved! wonderful

The only thing is that I want to make the most of my configuration, I know that not much can be done but what can I do to recover fps?
Cpu ADM Ryzen 2600
GPX RX590
Ram 16gb
LG 29 "2560x1080 60hz

In motion I see this, is it correct?

<a href="https://ibb.co/WKSY7zC">Senza-titolo

it's alright, CeeBee. Now we know that even your killer machine is not so killer for this killer filter... This is a consolation for us mortals...
my own CSP and CM presets were hones back when i had only a 7700k and a 1070ti, it was never ending trade-offs of looks vs performance. On that machine getting a decent looking game at 90fps in VR was difficult, and the presets were honed for it. I have been using the same presets even after I upgraded, good looks, great performance, ill post them up in a separate thread so as not to pollute this one any further. I am having a look under the hood of re-shade as well now, to see what can be tweaked as well, since I dont use ExtraFX , fact is for me on triple, re-shade already has the things I am missing from extra-fx.. ill update once i understand more.

With the new version I solved! wonderful

The only thing is that I want to make the most of my configuration, I know that not much can be done but what can I do to recover fps?
Cpu ADM Ryzen 2600
GPX RX590
Ram 16gb
LG 29 "2560x1080 60hz

In motion I see this, is it correct?

<a href="https://ibb.co/WKSY7zC">Senza-titolo

Niiiice Man....play at 1600x900 with the recommended settings, you’ll get a lot of frames and I don’t think you’ve felt much difference between the resolutions

I'm amazed by this MOD since day 1 and it keeps improving, the only one together with Natural_mod that seems to me almost photorealistic at 4k . You're working hard Master, I don't know you but thank you, hoping many people donate to you and others modders who keep making AC great.

I'm amazed by this MOD since day 1 and it keeps improving, the only one together with Natural_mod that seems to me almost photorealistic at 4k . You're working hard Master, I don't know you but thank you, hoping many people donate to you and others modders who keep making AC great.
Thank you friend, very good to know that it worked! Would you be able to record any video on CAM replay for us in 4K? I would love to see it in 4k since my PC is not powerful enough to run in 4k

I've now got the 4.2 version and let me tell you that is great! With this mod the game is now on par with AC. Competizione. It's amazing what this mod does, nice job! It has now the perfect amount of glare (at least in my opinion). The only thing I would ad if possible was some lens flare to the headlights like in 2.5 which looked really good in replays. I'll do some shots tomorrow.

thank you again for your development of your mod. i seem to be getting a lot more glow off of white objects then what i am seeing in others videos, it seems to kick in about 1-2 seconds after the car is loaded on the track and it is a real lot of glow/bloom ??? of off the white. is this a problem with a setting i can adjust? i am just following your install and had had all versions installed previously that had same seemingly over glowy effect then i see in others videos. please help me adjust/fix this. thanks

EDIT: i may have found what was causing it for me. if i turn MSAA on it does it. MSAA off it doesn't do it. but i am detesting the jagged lines with it off as per your ultra settings.

Last edited:
My problem is that when it's loading the car and track it gives me an "unexpected error". I have followed you installation instructions to the letter several times. I think it has to do with reshade.If Idelete the dxgi.dll then it loads the car and track so the error is gone. I don't know why I can't use this dll. Any suggestions? Thank you

Will have to revert to the previous version. This new version I get a black screen but the game I can hear still runs. Not sure what has changed but the earlier version worked.

Hi Master

I use VR, and this MOD has made a huge difference. Just when you think AC can't get any better, something like this comes along and it looks even better. I'd like to (a) report and issue and (b) give some feedback on VR use. Overall, it looks incredible and the performance can be fine, apart from a few issues I've described below. You definitely deserve a contribution on paypal for the hard work that has gone into Horizon! Thank you.

The issue is with the 4.2 update, which no longer works with VR for me. The symptom is that the game seems to launch and run OK, but I get no visuals either in the headset or projected onto the screen. I would send you a screenshot... but it's just a black screen. Meanwhile I can hear the game has launched OK because the sound etc is fine. I have tried adjusting brightness in various ways, but no luck. As soon as I go back to vanilla video and CSP settings, it works normally (i.e. proving it's not an issue with the game, headset etc). Similarly, if I install Horizon v3.2, it also works fine again. So it's definitely 4.2.

I thought perhaps this could be because of the Reshade issue you have described in the instructions - I have not previously used Reshade at all, but I did of course have previous versions of Horizon. So I deleted the contents of the "reshade-shaders" folder and copied in the new contents of this folder in 4.2 from scratch - but this didn't work. Have you got any suggestions?

For the versions up to and including 3.2, I have got *excellent* performance in VR (using Samsung Odyssey Plus, 2080TI). 90FPS when in practice mode on 250% supersampling, and then maybe 50-60 when there are other cars in a race. This is actually a slight *improvement* over performance with the settings I was running before (using the SOL VR pp filter). Once I got things adjusted in terms of black level, brightness and contrast, I got the best visuals I've ever had from the game (though I did have the same issue with glare that some people seem to have got).

When I first tried it I had some issues. The PPFilter app which appears in single screen does not appear in VR as it does in single screen, which meant this method of adjusting the exposure was not possible in VR. However, I compensated with the ppfilter settings and black level compensation in CSP Config. It makes sense that I would have to make some adjustments because you can't provide perfect settings for every different headset or screen.

Some other small issues I've experienced:

- The game seems slightly less stable. I get crashes more often, with Content Manager reporting a GPU error due to "overclocking or temperature" - even when the GPU is not overclocked and is within normal temperature.

- The meshes for foliage seem to have changed, giving the trees a mesh look. I'll try to get a screenshot - they look a bit less natural than before but it's not a big issue.

- AI headlights seem to be on all the time, whereas before they would switch on and off with light level, fog etc. I have tried adjusting the relevant settings in CSP Config, changing sun angle and light level - but this doesn't seem to make a difference. AI lights still always on...

Overall, Horizon has given me the best visuals and therefore the greatest immersion in AC so far - thank you so much for this excellent MOD! I can't wait to use it as it develops, and hopefully with SOL 1.6 down the road too!

i tried several times today, and believe me i do know how to install a mod, but the message to update doesnt go away i even updated the complete system and installed all again, same thing, and as said above i get the message too, Unexpected error, im done and deleting all. Sorry it looks promising, my first solve all bugs before you upload it for general use ? As you updated it several times in a few days....good luck and keep on going, not for me, sorry.

After a complete delete+reinstall of SOL151, CSP152, Reshade I installed your latest 4.2. version. For the first time....I used without changing anything your recommended settings (even blur 100% and noise 200%). I also use more and more the timeselector via SOL Weatherplan while driving to play around with the position of the sun to avoid over-saturated skies.

This is the result. One video says more then 1000 words.

My problem is that when it's loading the car and track it gives me an "unexpected error". I have followed you installation instructions to the letter several times. I think it has to do with reshade.If Idelete the dxgi.dll then it loads the car and track so the error is gone. I don't know why I can't use this dll. Any suggestions? Thank you

Have you updated the version of Reshade? if so ... it will turn black anyway

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 8 2.3%