Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ugh... well this just sucks. I've lost weeks of CSP specific work (ext_config.ini) because Windows decided to update itself while in sleep mode or something... automatic updates of any kind on any software should be illegal!
For sensitive text files it really is a good idea to back them up online or something periodically. I do it for my physics stuff once in a while. I've had entire files disappear from power-cut related shutdowns when the motherboard got damaged or something.

i'm using notepad++ here
the tabs option is essential with many ini files
even unsaved files are saved when you close the app
pretty convenient...

but yeah.
Hang the automatic update...
Notepad++ for me too. But for some reason the file was corrupted beyond repair. And backups were disabled.

Notepad++ for me too. But for some reason the file was corrupted beyond repair. And backups were disabled.
That really sucks. I despise automatic updates and it's certainly harder to avoid them now in Win10 than it used to be. I'd still highly recommend some kind of cloud mirroring of your important folders as a protection in general terms though, because a dying hard disk can do much worse than an unexpected update.

That really sucks. I despise automatic updates and it's certainly harder to avoid them now in Win10 than it used to be. I'd still highly recommend some kind of cloud mirroring of your important folders as a protection in general terms though, because a dying hard disk can do much worse than an unexpected update.
Hehe, yeah, you start thinking about backups usually after the first incident.
Anyhoo... I'm back on track, and mostly redone all the work I've lost.
I'm going to give the refractive tail lights one chance, but I'm not too sure it can be done well. The tail lights of the NSX are quite complicated when it comes to CSP refractions -- one big are that contains the lights, all refracted etc.

Probably can be done but the config will be annoying to troubleshoot, it's tricky to get all the channels correctly set up when you have multiple types of lights (not just a combination brake/turn signal in the same bulb). I did this to get the turn signals working on the WRX (it has modeled bulbs which are the only part that's actually emissive)

Code:
[CustomEmissive]
Meshes = Taillight_Turnglo
@ = CustomEmissive_CoverAll, Channel = 3, Mirror
@ = TurningLightsRear, Channel = 3

[REFRACTING_HEADLIGHT_2]
SURFACE = Taillight_Turn
INSIDE = Taillight_SUB0, Taillight_Turnglo
SYNC_EMISSIVE_AUTO=0
SYNC_EMISSIVE_0 = Taillight_Turnglo
SYNC_EMISSIVE_0_MULT = 3
SYNC_EMISSIVE_0_CHANNEL_IN = 3,4
SYNC_EMISSIVE_0_CHANNEL_OUT = 3,4

This is coded for a mesh where the entire thing should light up; [CustomEmissive] sections get out of hand very quickly if you have multiple lights illuminating it differently, but that's the recommended method if you're working from scratch cause it reduces object count in favor of doing texture masks.

I believe the numbering system is that CHANNEL_OUT corresponds to the bulbs configured in the refracting light. CHANNEL_IN comes from the CustomEmissive (and 3+4 means mirrored versions), SYNC_EMISSIVE_AUTO=1 just uses channel_in = 0, channel_out = 0.

Last edited:
Probably can be done but the config will be annoying to troubleshoot, it's tricky to get all the channels correctly set up when you have multiple types of lights (not just a combination brake/turn signal in the same bulb). I did this to get the turn signals working on the WRX (it has modeled bulbs which are the only part that's actually emissive)

Code:
[CustomEmissive]
Meshes = Taillight_Turnglo
@ = CustomEmissive_CoverAll, Channel = 3, Mirror
@ = TurningLightsRear, Channel = 3

[REFRACTING_HEADLIGHT_2]
SURFACE = Taillight_Turn
INSIDE = Taillight_SUB0, Taillight_Turnglo
SYNC_EMISSIVE_AUTO=0
SYNC_EMISSIVE_0 = Taillight_Turnglo
SYNC_EMISSIVE_0_MULT = 3
SYNC_EMISSIVE_0_CHANNEL_IN = 3,4
SYNC_EMISSIVE_0_CHANNEL_OUT = 3,4

This is coded for a mesh where the entire thing should light up; [CustomEmissive] sections get out of hand very quickly if you have multiple lights illuminating it differently, but that's the recommended method if you're working from scratch cause it reduces object count in favor of doing texture masks.

I believe the numbering system is that CHANNEL_OUT corresponds to the bulbs configured in the refracting light. CHANNEL_IN comes from the CustomEmissive (and 3+4 means mirrored versions), SYNC_EMISSIVE_AUTO=1 just uses channel_in = 0, channel_out = 0.
Thanks. I will investigate.

Too bad there's not enough documentation/tutorials on this subject matter. Have to scrape together bits and pieces here and there...

Ok, so if I have different bulbs (objects) all used by one refraction definition (INSIDE_BULBS = brakelight_bulbs, taillight_bulbs, indicator_bulb_left, ...) and AUTO_EMISSIVE_SYNC (or whatever the option was, cannot check right now...) then that won't work, because all the bulbs will light up no matter which emissive is currently lit (for example, when braking, the taillight and indicator bulbs also lit up)?

So I would need to control different bulbs via CustomEmissive?

More likely you'll just get one type of lights working (brakelights probably) and the other bulbs won't show as lit from through the glass even if they are.

Hi guys! I will start my question by apologizing in case this matter has already been in discussion, im new here and still figuring this whole mod thing out. But how do i get the headlights of the NSX to actually illuminate anything in night mode? Mine shines weak yellow about 1m in front of the car and thats about it...not possible to drive in the night at all. The headlights of the Dodge Charger RT on the other hand is absolutelly stunning and looks like the real thing. Anyone can help? Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi guys! I will start my question by apologizing in case this matter has already been in discussion, im new here and still figuring this whole mod thing out. But how do i get the headlights of the NSX to actually illuminate anything in night mode? Mine shines weak yellow about 1m in front of the car and thats about it...not possible to drive in the night at all. The headlights of the Dodge Charger RT on the other hand is absolutelly stunning and looks like the real thing. Anyone can help? Many thanks in advance!
It's just the car being out of date for the current CSP implementation.

It's fixed in the test version. An update is coming maybe in the near future, with many other improvements too including 3D, sounds and physics. :thumbsup:

Yes, it was already in the discussion. When an a release is relatively old, there's a good chance those most obvious issues that have surfaced after csp version changes have already been discussed/reported, so you'll have to look some pages back. Please check this post, and also some previous ones on that page regarding other small issues and workarounds. If you don't know your way around configs, those adjustments are related to carfolder\extension\ext_config.ini .

Last edited:
Yes, it was already in the discussion. When an a release is relatively old, there's a good chance those most obvious issues that have surfaced after csp version changes have already been discussed/reported, so you'll have to look some pages back. Please check this post, and also some previous ones on that page regarding other small issues and workarounds. If you don't know your way around configs, those adjustments are related to carfolder\extension\ext_config.ini .
wow thanks dude. I will check that out!

A few teasers...
nsx (1).jpg

nsx (11).jpg

nsx (18).jpg

nsx (20).jpg

nsx (21).jpg

nsx (24).jpg

More pics: http://www.siimannuk.com/assetto-corsa-honda-nsx-previews/

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period