Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello racers!
I have a problem with NSX (very good mod!).. it's about steering wheel. I've a t150 by thrustmaster and every car in my AC has a 1:1 ratio during rotations. To obtain this i set 1069° in control panel and the same in the game. But it doesn't happen with acura/honda. Why? can you help me to solve this?

thank you :)

PS i dont use content manager and this happens with some other mods (perf mustang, diablo jota, fulvia and nfs group A) but never with kunos cars and a lot of other mods.
STEER_LOCK=583.2

It's more than your degrees allow, so it gets scaled up. There is an option in CM to scale to real steering, but it's always been buggy for me. Here's what I recommend:

Set a pretty high degree, something like 1440 for example. Then scale it down to your lock what you want, let's say 1069deg.

1069 / 1440 = 0.74236111111

Set "Scale" in CM or AC options to 0.74, and there you have it. Everything up to 1440 is basically 1:1, and anything higher, like some very old cars (Tatra 603 for example) gets scaled a little bit faster.

The reason KS cars never have a problem is because almost none of them have a realistic steering setting and it's always 900deg or lower. :roflmao:

EDIT: Also use CM, there is no reason not to. You're wasting so much time and functionality by not using it.

Quite exciting physics update lined up for the next version.

Namely with the help of some other users, we managed to find OEM-spec damper data of *ideal condition* dampers for *all* of the cars, including low speed damping values. :confused:

That includes the early model NSX, later model NSX, NSX-R, Zanardi and others. Not a lot more guesswork or interpreting dyno results of worn dampers. :rolleyes:

I've been remodeling the cockpit from scratch (mostly) the past 4 months or so...
These images perhaps are not very good at showing the differences, but this time the cockpit will have full AO mapping, for example. Also, should me more accurate at places, and more details with roughly the same triangle count.

OLD:
cockpit_old.jpg

NEW:
cockpit_new.jpg

OLD (wire):
cockpit_old_wire.jpg

NEW (wire):
cockpit_new_wire.jpg

There's still a lot of work to be done and bugs to be fixed, but I hope this gives you an idea of what to expect.

Sidenote: does anybody know any site where one could post before-after images (with a slider)?

@Some1

Here is one by Ilja himself: https://acstuff DOT ru/u/comparison/

Myself I've made big improvements to the car like I said earlier, lately largely focusing on tires. There was some KS-strangeness in the tires which I never took a look at, so I've tried to eliminate some of that. Perhaps the people who found it too quirky before can be satisfied now. I am.

Here's a nice video as a little reality check on what to expect.

@Some1

Here is one by Ilja himself: https://acstuff DOT ru/u/comparison/

Myself I've made big improvements to the car like I said earlier, lately largely focusing on tires. There was some KS-strangeness in the tires which I never took a look at, so I've tried to eliminate some of that. Perhaps the people who found it too quirky before can be satisfied now. I am.

Here's a nice video as a little reality check on what to expect.
Awesome vid. Best Motoring is the ... best!

interesting cult car, good job. have a question. which of the car sounds from kunos is more like the sound from nsx? I want to replace the nsx sound, I drive without assistants, and in the nsx sound there is no brake blocking sound (well, or it is very quiet, I cannot hear it), so driving at the limit is not very convenient.

interesting cult car, good job. have a question. which of the car sounds from kunos is more like the sound from nsx? I want to replace the nsx sound, I drive without assistants, and in the nsx sound there is no brake blocking sound (well, or it is very quiet, I cannot hear it), so driving at the limit is not very convenient.
The car was designed with ABS, and you should keep it on.

About the sound, no car has an inherent brake-lock sound, but if you mean tire screech, Modek didn't feel like standardizing the sounds to Kunos sound levels like everyone else, so use the Sounds app to turn Tires from 5 to 10 to get the intended skid sound.

I would just keep the ABS on like IRL. I kind of wish ABS and TCS could not be turned off completely in the cars where it can't be turned off with just a button, but maybe it's a bit too much. :roflmao:

Just have to keep reminding people that cars designed around ABS often make compromises that render them less than optimal without it... and hope they have the wherewithal to leave it on accordingly.

Probably a losing battle.
Less than optimal is a pretty polite way to describe something that often doesn't work in the slightest and is downright dangerous. The ABS warning light exists for a reason. :roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.