Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
It's your game and your life, you do what you like. Doesn't bother me. I'm just telling you that turning off ABS in cars that are designed around ABS is fundamentally unrealistic and will cause the car in question to have problems it really shouldn't have. This is an objectively correct fact. All I can do is share the knowledge.

Understanding it is up to you. :thumbsup:

"All I can do is share the knowledge".-
I am not against it, I am always ready to listen.
"You can lead a horse to knowledge but you can't make him think."-
but this is insolence and disrespect - adults do not behave like that.

Problem there is that Arch and I both shared that in posts on the last page and were met with some condescending response about how some people seem to confuse the game with real life. (Which is literally the explicit purpose of a simulator, but we'll leave that be.)

Not sure where this fits on your "adult" scale, but to put it simply, if you bark at me I'm gonna bark back.

Anyway... at the end of the day, sure, it may be possible to disable ABS in modern ABS cars. You probably have to physically pull a fuse (that's how it works in my WRX, for example) but it can be done if you're dead set on it. So if you insist... ok. Reasonably plausible. But ABS cars are almost universally engineered with ABS in mind and you will probably reveal some serious design compromises if you disable it. (Usually because the bias is set very forward and without the system enabled you'll lock the fronts way before you've achieved the potential maximum braking performance. This can be, as Arch said, quite dangerous.)

FWIW I'm 100% with you on TCS - I turn it off in any car that lets me, at least if we're talking about road cars. It's more fun and I tend to be faster that way to boot. (Some race cars are designed around it in the same way some road cars are designed around ABS and they're truly faster with the system enabled, so it's not universal.) But road-car ABS is simply a different animal.

"Not sure where this fits on your "adult" scale, but to put it simply, if you bark at me I'm gonna bark back."

why can't you write a single post without trolling? why can't we communicate like cultured adults? where did I bark, where is there even one rudeness on my part?

okay, I understand that an adequate discussion will not work, goodbye guru

Ok, I honestly interpreted that as "look at these ridiculous nerds who think realism matters, lol" but it's not my place to tell you what you meant... so if you say it was meant as a joke I will take it as such. :)

of course it was just a joke. I could argue with you about welding (I am a welder) but I was not going to argue about the physics of a car, since I do not really understand the physics of a car. just in the game I like to drive without helpers, it's like a challenge to myself

Been doing some work physics wise lately. Car's now at the point where I'm running out of data to find anymore. If anyone has damping rates for the facelifted 2002+ base model cars, hit me up. Off the top of my head that's the only significant data point that's still missing. :roflmao:

Most changes were a bunch of small stuff, mostly verifying existing data. Made a 2002 NA2 NSX-R just for sanity to see how it performs; nothing unexpected. Found some small tidbits of data for the early model cars from that venture too. Wheel, tire, brake masses and the like.

I think I have enough data right now to make every version plausibly. Every E-NA1, E-NA2 and LA-NA2 roadcar. :confused:

What gets released depends on what kind of 3D we get going forward. :whistling:

Been doing some work physics wise lately. Car's now at the point where I'm running out of data to find anymore. If anyone has damping rates for the facelifted 2002+ base model cars, hit me up. Off the top of my head that's the only significant data point that's still missing. :roflmao:

Most changes were a bunch of small stuff, mostly verifying existing data. Made a 2002 NA2 NSX-R just for sanity to see how it performs; nothing unexpected. Found some small tidbits of data for the early model cars from that venture too. Wheel, tire, brake masses and the like.

I think I have enough data right now to make every version plausibly. Every E-NA1, E-NA2 and LA-NA2 roadcar. :confused:

What gets released depends on what kind of 3D we get going forward. :whistling:
Nice work.

I'm waiting for bad weather to justify sitting behind my computer all day, hehe :D

But really, there's still some important stuff to be done, before I can call it releasable.

I'm almost done with the base Acura cockpit. Once any bugs are fixed and the overall material settings are in place, I can start making the different versions (right-hand-drive, NSX-R etc.)
Also, I will revisit the body and improve a few things here and there.

b.jpg

a.jpg

c.jpg

Maybe a Christmas release... :whistling:

If anybody has the *precise* damper strokes and bumpstop sizes + force curves for the cars, shoot them my way. I've done a few estimations to try to get the likely values, but I'm yet to have someone measure it to millimeter accuracy, just to be sure.

You can also interpret that as the physics of the cars being at a quite advanced stage. Just some very minor details still left to find.

Alternatively, if anyone is aware of what bumpstop part numbers are shared between other cars and the NSX (Doesn't look like any are but it can just be due to the specific hardness, not the shape and size) please do tell me so I can try to find some info on those.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back