Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
You must have had old files from 2.3.1, where roll stiffness ratio was too rearward by like 10% (Bumpstops aren't in the calculation! Oops!) and I had progressive bumpstops in which are pretty bugged and turn into concrete immediately. It wasn't *that* bad alone but the progressive bumpstop stuff made it into a killer.

I also think the geos were off on 2.3.1 a bit. I re-measured them for 2.3.2 I think and found I had pulled from an incorrect point on the lower joints on both axles, it's a bit deceptive and I had to find a picture of a cutout and broken-down piece to confirm it. That change was a subtle but good improvement in all ways.

Nice that you got it sorted. Makes more sense now.

I'm very happy now as it drives soo nicely, and a pleasure too !
I just need to work out how to do favourites in CM, and add it straight to it.

Excellent work, and I have no idea quite how I managed to make a mistake but, well clearly it happens :redface:
Thank you again for making this :cool:

Although I did most (All?) of the suspension, all of the aero and a bunch of the other stuff, let's not forget aphidgod who worked on them as well, David who made the original car for AC, Niels who made the original car for rFactor and everyone at CSP Discord who aided me. :thumbsup:

You must have not overwritten the data.acd or something. Sure sounds like you had 2.3.1 for the Hondas.

Hello, sorry for the late reply.

The Type-S Zero also is basically just a toned down NSX-R, and shares the *exact* same suspension too.

Hmm, the S-Zero has C32B engine + 6-speed gearbox, while NSX-R has C30A engine (with balanced crankshaft) + 5-speed gearbox.

I don't know if I can trust wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NSX_(first_generation)), but according to their description S-Zero is something like NSX-R with better engine and gearbox.

According to these videos, it seems to be true, S-Zero is faster on the straight line.

Yes, I know that NSX-R driver, mishifted (otherwise he'd win), but also it's obvious that NSX-R driver is pushing harder and/or better driver than his rival.

Anyway, guys, I wish you all the best with your project, good luck. ;)

Last edited:
latest version is brilliant, really nice work everyone.

strange bug on the rear view mirror of this acura (maybe on other models too). looks like this is when the high res cockpit gets switched off.
View attachment 350639
further to this one (which applies to wing mirrors to and seems to affect both acuras, but no hondas)
I noticed a few more minor issues:

that the acura stock version only has this issue with glass in VR (with custom shaders patch only, seems to be in both the latest CSP version and older ones)
wHBv8oc.png

no5Bu0m.jpg

any idea why?

also, headlights light emission isn't renedered in mirrors (can see in first screenshot). This doesn't happen in other cars.

further to this one (which applies to wing mirrors to and seems to affect both acuras, but no hondas)
I noticed a few more minor issues:

that the acura stock version only has this issue with glass in VR (with custom shaders patch only, seems to be in both the latest CSP version and older ones)
wHBv8oc.png

no5Bu0m.jpg

any idea why?

also, headlights light emission isn't renedered in mirrors (can see in first screenshot). This doesn't happen in other cars.
No idea about these issues. Don't happen in non-vr mode.
And, since I don't have VR, I cannot investigate. Perhaps there will be some fixes for VR in the Shaders Patch itself in the future...

JDM and USDM NSX's feel so much different. JDM spec requires gental pedal work to get around the corners or else car just spins out. On the other hand on USDM spec you can smash the pedals all you want and it won't punish you in most cases. Is it how it supposed to be?

JDM and USDM NSX's feel so much different. JDM spec requires gental pedal work to get around the corners or else car just spins out. On the other hand on USDM spec you can smash the pedals all you want and it won't punish you in most cases. Is it how it supposed to be?
Hard to say for sure, but the JDM cars are on 205/225, while the USDM, later models are on 215/245. So there should be more rear grip, at least.

For the mirrors issue that happens at the same time as the low resolution cockpit is switched on the Acuras, as a workaround you can simply extract MIRROR_PLACEMENT.dds from the honda model (the Mirror.DDS file on the sdk folders should also work, but wont look as nice as the custom one), and then place it in the acura skin folders but renamed to MIRROR_PLACEMENT.png instead.

It only happens because the Acura model still has the dev mapping png assigned instead of the final texture with a mirror reflection that is present on the Hondas.

The emissives missing on mirrors only happen if "High-quality" mirrors aren't turned on on AC standard video settings. Btw, the ZR-1 isn't affected like the NSXs and still shows them with lo-fi mirrors, as most cars do.

For the purple windscreen thing, I can't reproduce in no-vr :unsure: .

Last edited:
Completely revised interior? Sick. There's some minor and some perhaps not minor physics improvements I can still make to the car, an extremely minor thing in brakes and a few tweaks in tires. Could bundle those into next update, whenever that is.

Completely revised interior? Sick. There's some minor and some perhaps not minor physics improvements I can still make to the car, an extremely minor thing in brakes and a few tweaks in tires. Could bundle those into next update, whenever that is.
Still a long ways to go, so no hurry. I also have ideas for another version of the NSX, but I will decide later, once I've managed the interior.

Most likely irrelevant if a new cockpit is underway, but I'll just report a tiny issue if any updates are coming in between:
The nsx_cpit0_bump.dds has normal information for the photographed reflections inside the digital display, so it won't look flat over the ldc window under sunlight:
cap_crop.jpg

Update: Forgot to add, on the nsx_cpit0_mask.dds the old Acura logo is still present, so it'll also show under some light/angles but it's 100% out of view while driving:
cap_crop2.jpg

Update2:
For the mirrors issue that happens at the same time as the low resolution cockpit is switched on the Acuras, as a workaround you can simply extract MIRROR_PLACEMENT.dds from the honda model (the Mirror.DDS file on the sdk folders should also work, but wont look as nice as the custom one), and then place it in the acura skin folders but renamed to MIRROR_PLACEMENT.png instead.

It only happens because the Acura model still has the dev mapping png assigned instead of the final texture with a mirror reflection that is present on the Hondas.
On this previous comment I've failed to notice something else, that the fake mirror texture doesn't even usually show on other AI cars (not NSXs) when going past them, a low resolution mirror is used instead. The NSXs in this pack on the other hand display their MIRROR_PLACEMENT.* diffuse when the low resolution interior switches. This can be seen with F7 cam without the Smart Mirror extension enabled (or that page reset to default), so it doesn't interfere depending on settings.
Screenshot_honda_nsxr_lilski_road_america_12-5-120-2-27-56.jpgScreenshot_honda_nsxr_lilski_road_america_12-5-120-2-28-0.jpg

Usually cars have ksPerpixelReflection on those objects, but here must be something else. The ZR-1 is also using KsPerpixel like the NSXs, but other AI ZR-1s (or F7 cam after low res interior switch) still show low resolution mirrors until far on them instead of the fake mirror texture.

Update3 (deleted unecessary info): I guess this all happens because after the low resolution cockpit transition mirror object names are changed, so they only inherit the material but stop working as mirrors. By listing them all on mirrors.ini they'll work as usual. If (most likely) this is a performance optimization, maybe setting the mirror material to ksPerpixelReflection would help to disguise it (like the base mirror material on KS's, or other Dan's cars in the TNFS pack).

Thanks, and sorry if I bother with these observations given the age of these nice models :unsure:

Edit: Sorry, my bad. In the end it's only missing ksPPRefl shader on the mirrors material to render cubemap reflections over the fake horizon diffuse just like KS cars, etc, do. Given that the NSX is lodding them unlike the ZR-1, it'd make no sense to list the mirrors which are only part of the LR cockpit on mirrors.ini.

Last edited:
Most likely irrelevant if a new cockpit is underway, but I'll just report a tiny issue if any updates are coming in between:
The nsx_cpit0_bump.dds has normal information for the photographed reflections inside the digital display, so it won't look flat over the ldc window under sunlight:
View attachment 371770

Update: Forgot to add, on the nsx_cpit0_mask.dds the old Acura logo is still present, so it'll also show under some light/angles but it's 100% out of view while driving:
View attachment 371791

Update2:

On this previous comment I've failed to notice something else, that the fake mirror texture doesn't even usually show on other AI cars (not NSXs) when going past them, a low resolution mirror is used instead. The NSXs in this pack on the other hand display their MIRROR_PLACEMENT.* diffuse when the low resolution interior switches. This can be seen with F7 cam without the Smart Mirror extension enabled (or that page reset to default), so it doesn't interfere depending on settings.
View attachment 371821View attachment 371822

Usually cars have ksPerpixelReflection on those objects, but here must be something else. The ZR-1 is also using KsPerpixel like the NSXs, but other AI ZR-1s (or F7 cam after low res interior switch) still show low resolution mirrors until far on them instead of the fake mirror texture.

Update3 (deleted unecessary info): I guess this all happens because after the low resolution cockpit transition mirror object names are changed, so they only inherit the material but stop working as mirrors. By listing them all on mirrors.ini they'll work as usual. If (most likely) this is a performance optimization, maybe setting the mirror material to ksPerpixelReflection would help to disguise it (like the base mirror material on KS's, or other Dan's cars in the TNFS pack).

Thanks, and sorry if I bother with these observations given the age of these nice models :unsure:
Thanks for that, but yes the whole interior is completely being reworked, solving these issues.

On the discord channel Axis brought an issue/solution that is currently happening with the config. I'll leave it here with some extra info/suggestion, given that you're working on this pack. TBF, I didn't remember getting it in the past, but cars are affected on last and current recommended version.

At night there will be some problem with cast light from headlights depending on camera angle, making it very faint or normal:
Screenshot_acura_nsx_njmp_lightning_12-5-120-17-56-29.jpgScreenshot_acura_nsx_njmp_lightning_12-5-120-17-56-37.jpg Screenshot_acura_nsx_njmp_lightning_12-5-120-18-24-37.jpg
This is by moving camera around with F5 and F7, and it'll flicker a lot in between when it transitions. It sort of looks like cast headlights only go normal when seen from right in front of the car. From cockpit, lights will also be very faint and near impossible to drive with high beams on.

This all seems caused by the [EMISSIVE_LIGHT_1]|NAME=hlight_glare section, as commenting it returns light to normal when seen from all directions. It's most certainly caused by the changes in p245 that caused emissives on objects associated to headlights causing changes on the cast light.
Other than removing those lines to leave it to auto-guessing, one solution is to make this emissive much stronger as the other _glare2, like COLOR=250,150,100,10:
Screenshot_acura_nsx_njmp_lightning_12-5-120-18-50-38.jpgScreenshot_acura_nsx_njmp_lightning_12-5-120-19-17-46.jpg
There won't be a transition when seen from angles that failed before, and it'll become driveable from cockpit view. The minimum value that seems that'll do without a transition is 5x.

Two small details:
Screenshot_acura_nsx_njmp_lightning_12-5-120-17-56-42.jpg
Cast light for the rear lights without brakes on seems too strong. Edit: Maybe 1 or 2 instead of 20 on [LIGHT_BRAKE_0]?

Screenshot_acura_nsx_njmp_lightning_12-5-120-17-57-37.jpg
Reverse lights are pointing to the air, so they don't illuminate the bumper or the ground near them, nvm if intended

Thanks!

Last edited:
@Some1 Just enable the Shaders Patch Debug App, and then click on the Lantern icon. If you don't have that app, just download it from github (link). There's also an enhanced version by leBluem here on RD (link). :thumbsup:

PS: This app was included on older patch versions, probably until p49, but at some point it stopped being included on the csp package or auto-download via cm gui when it became patch only without extras (or configs), same for the other csp apps like real mirrors adjustment. The other rain and weather apps are most certainly deprecated by now due to Sol's own.

Last edited:
Hello racers!
I have a problem with NSX (very good mod!).. it's about steering wheel. I've a t150 by thrustmaster and every car in my AC has a 1:1 ratio during rotations. To obtain this i set 1069° in control panel and the same in the game. But it doesn't happen with acura/honda. Why? can you help me to solve this?

thank you :)

PS i dont use content manager and this happens with some other mods (perf mustang, diablo jota, fulvia and nfs group A) but never with kunos cars and a lot of other mods.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.