1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide for G27 (and other wheels) configuration

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by RasmusP, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Tastaturri

Tastaturri

Ratings:
    +1
    Okay, thank you for the fast reply.
    Haven't tried out the real head motion mod but i will do that.

The virtual wheel is in sync for the first 450 degrees but then goes a bit out of sync.

2. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff

Ratings:
    +1,122
    If you need help with real head motion at some point just ask :)
    To the async: same for me.. So I played around with both sliders until it matched more or less perfectly for my point of view over the whole range! :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +1,122
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Tastaturri

Tastaturri

Ratings:
    +1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +1,122
    Nice to hear!
    And glad that my 50 hours into this can actually do good for others :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +149
    @RasmusP Thanks again for helping sim racers to have more fun. :thumbsup::cool:

A quick question regarding your LUT guide for G27/29 and DFGT 1.1:

For a DFGT, the AC In-Game Gain should be 100%, yes?

7. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +1,122
    Thanks for the kudos :)
    for the DFGT the settings should be exactly the same as for the G25/27/29.
    So yeah, 100% with the dfgt lut!

The only difference is the different dead zone around the center so you need a different LUT, but not a different ffb strength :)

8. controllermandan

controllermandan

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Im wondering if i could get some help. I have a dfgt and having alot of issues and im kinda new to all this so im so confused.
    Basically ive spent the past 10 hours and ive only have 12 hours in the game so ive been tweaking alot and cant get my dfgt right its one thing or another.
    First issue is when going very slow im getting bad vibrations on the wheel and if i let go wheel shakes few degress left right then when braking im getting very heavy knocks and jutters on the wheel also when turning i get some bad knocks on wheel then when going fast if i let go car starts going left right then spins out.
    I own pcars 1 and 2 and few f1 games and have never had anything like this happen and its utterly driving me crazy.
    Ive did the wheelcheck and LUT stuff not sure if did correctly or dont know what to be looking for done all the other tweaks and just cant get it smooth any help would be appreached please.

9. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +149
    I have a DFGT and it works well with Assetto Corsa. Do your settings match mine? If they do and you are still having problems, the solution might lie in the changes you made using Wheelcheck and your LUT file.
    Global Device Settings.JPG Game Specific Assetto Corsa Settings.JPG Assetto Corsa Control Settings.JPG

10. controllermandan

controllermandan

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi thanks for the reply. Yes my settings are the same. Ive kinda got rid of few of my issues tho still having one which i cant get rid of. Its a weird knocking on the wheel and very hard jolts thats the best way i can describe it. I did a min force test and it said 9.5% (950) not sure what that means and also would i need to do anymore test or upload my wheelcheck picture to give you more info.

11. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +149
    So it seems as though the problem is due to Wheelcheck and/or the Lut file alteration. (If the problem persists, you might have to reinstall the Logitech software and your wheel.)

The minimum force test basically measures your wheel's (in)sensitivity. If a particular FFB signal is too low to make the wheel respond, that particular instruction, like a bump in the road or slippage, will not be replicated and so you miss vital information. But ignore that for the moment.

Did you run the correct Wheelcheck test? It should be "Step 2 (linear force test)". Set "Max Count" to 50 before running it.

12. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +1,122
  13. controllermandan

controllermandan

Ratings:
    +2
    Ive took everthing i did off by redownloading it so reset everything. And its 80% there i get really nice feedback when car is losing grip and losing control ect. But that bad knocking is still there when turning corners i get very hard jolts also dont know if its a feature but when hitting high speed wheel vibrates like crazy and is pretty hard to keep in straight line. My AC settings are 80% gain everything else is zero my logitech profile is same as yours. I will try your LUT file and see how that goes. And yes i done a wheelcheck tho dont really know what im meant to be looking for or if its right. And it is nice gives me hope for mankind lol and its much appreached for all the help :)

14. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +1,122
    Just a little info on that:
    Redownloading doesn't always mean that your Assetto Corsa in your documents (which contains all these files) got deleted too!
    Or what exactly did you delete and redownloaded? :)

Report back when you tried my LUT or have a question!

15. controllermandan

controllermandan

Ratings:
    +2
    i just unistalled if from steam then went into my drive and found the Assetto Corsa file and deleted it then went into documents and deleted the Assetto corsa file there then just redownloaded it through steam. And yes will do am going to go on it soon for a bit of testing. One question were do i put the Lut file is it in Assetto Corsa in my drive under steamapps or Assetto corsa in documents as when i put it in one the other one doesnt change and stays to the default crazy one so this might be were i was going wrong i might have been tweaking the wrong settings.

16. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +1,122
    Perfectly deleted it all :p

The LUT and the ff_post_process.ini need to be in the my documents/assetto corsa/cfg folder. The cfg folder under steamapps is just the default backup but doesn't do anything! :)

Remember to not only put the lut in but also check if the names match in the ff_post_process.ini

• Like Like x 1
  17. controllermandan

controllermandan

Ratings:
    +2
    Tried the set up and seems good still getting vibrations when sitting still but can live with that. Only thing is i cant find these settings ENABLE_GYRO=0, DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0, DAMPER_GAIN=0.0.
    I dont know if them settings have changed with recent updates but i just cant seem to find them. And ive set the gain to 50% can i go higher as i like a strong feedback for drifting or am i best leaving it at 50%. Also seen about setting the FF skip steps from 0 to 1 to make the wheel run on higher mhz would this be reccommened to do on my wheel or is that just for better wheels. And thanks for that file and help looking forward to gaming Assetto corsa this weekend:D

18. Ian Cameron

Ian Cameron

Ratings:
    +59
    steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini

19. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +1,122
    As Ian said, it's in another file :)

The vibrations when standing still is the price you pay for a nice feel on the straights. It's the very first value in the LUT. If you want less vibrations, just lower this value a bit. But only the very very first!
    0.00 | 0.xxx

Regarding the strong FFB: Seems like you use the newest LUT where I state to only use 50% in AC.
    The problem is that this LUT already reaches the maximum Torque the Logitech wheel can produce. But if you want to test it just go on Track and press the + or - on the Numpad to adjust the FFB only for that car, on that track so you don't mess with the settings in general.

You will notice that after some point the FFB you feel in your hands won't get any stronger. It just reaches the maximum earlier and clips. So you have the impression of a stronger FFB but in fact you just lose details :(

20. controllermandan

controllermandan

Ratings:
    +2
    I've checked and doubled checked i def dont have the Corsa.ini file all the other ff settings and tweaks were under the steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg/Controls. And in my Assetto corsa files there is nothing called corsa.ini. Im using the dfgt Lut file you recommended and found at 50% it was bit weak when trying to figure what way the car wants to go so put up to 80% and feels ok but if its going to cause issues i will put back to 50%. Im using the ffb clip app and its not went over the red once. And its not so much standing still its when going about 5 mph it vibrates like mad but i can cope with that not really planning on going that slow anyway. Thanks for the help people im actually getting to enjoy this great game now and my dfgt has came alive now and feels great especially on rally cross.:D