1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide for G27 (and other wheels) configuration

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by RasmusP, Apr 12, 2017.

1. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff

Ratings:
    +1,115
    The DFGT LUT is intended to work at 100% FFB. Only the "NoClipButStronger_recommended" one needs 50% FFB!
    So rack it up as much as you want ;) (well up to 100%)

To the noise: it might be the very very first value OR the dampening!
    You really don't have this?:
    btw: ff skip steps actually REDUCES the Hz of the wheel so let it be at 0! :)
    upload_2017-11-3_15-55-52.png

upload_2017-11-3_15-56-32.png

2. controllermandan

controllermandan

Ratings:
    +2
    I fell so dumb haha yes i finally found it:redface:.
    I was going steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa//cfg/assetto_corsa.ini i was missing the system part and just going to cfg thats why i wasn't seeing it. The damper gain was on 1.0 so changed it to 0.0. And happy days i will put that back upto 80% it felt nice there. Thanks again for all the help it really has transformed my wheel big time now.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. gruvendubs

gruvendubs

Ratings:
    +7
    WHOA! i think this is the answer to all my problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought all along it was supposed to be in the steam apps folder!

• Wow Wow x 1
  4. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +1,115
    Seems like I need to make the file paths big block too :p
    Not that I didn't mention them for every file :roflmao:

Anyway, just joking around. Glad you found it now :D

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. gruvendubs

gruvendubs

Ratings:
    +7
    I think i just assumed it would go in the steam directory like everything else :confused:

6. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +149
    The process might be a bit tedious but the reward makes it worthwhile. When I finally altered my LUT file correctly (I use the LUT Generator for AC 0.15 method), I drove on the Highlands Short circuit. Immediately it seemed as though I could feel the individual cobblestones, and I felt in control of the car. Since then, I have enjoyed AC very much with the good old DFGT.

7. controllermandan

controllermandan

Ratings:
    +2
    The DFGT is my first wheel and only had month and was happy enough with it for 20 pound couldn't complain. But these tweaks has completey changed my mind about getting a newer or better wheel any time soon as this old dog has learnt new tricks and feels amazing now. Ohhh and forest stage 2 in the ford fiesta wrc with the Lut file and tweaks and handbrake set to the the down side shifter is absouletey out of this world and feels like im actually there were as before there wasn't much life to it. This is a absolute must do tweak for dfgt owners i believe and have sent the link to a friend so he can fully experience what the dfgt can do. Once again thanks for all the help:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. HypoToad

HypoToad

Ratings:
    +51
    I got a DFGT as new dirt cheap ($50.00usd), just wanted to try a wheel and didn't expect that much from it but with all these "tweaks" thanks to RasmusP, Stephen O'Sullivan and others I agree it's unbelievable how good it is.

And with the pedals I find if I only have bare feet or socks on they work fine, with shoes on they don't have the feedback.

9. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +149
    Credit should go to @RasmusP and @Akis. I'm merely a happy beneficiary. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. gruvendubs

gruvendubs

Ratings:
    +7
    I moved the LUT to the documents folder last night instead of the steam folder like @RasmusP suggested and i can't believe how much time I wasted trying to tweak settings to accompany my LUT with no change because the LUT was in the wrong folder :roflmao:. Took the NA MX-5 out on a few tracks and after a couple warm up laps with a single AI, I was decreasing my personal best every lap! Steering feel improved drastically, more details could be felt, it was a night and day difference! Thank you so much for putting in all the time and effort for us lower class wheel users to be able to enjoy good sim racing. Now I can actually enjoy AC for what it is instead of constantly exiting and re-entering the sim to see if i could actually feel what the car is doing. Before this I was 100% incapable of putting down a clean lap never mind a fast one. I am a happy G27 owner now and can just enter the sim and DRIVE!:D:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +149
    My tip for anyone who has adjusted their DFGT Lut and is having a great time: try the Porsche 718 Spyder RS from the Porsche Pack 2 DLC (if you own it). It's a relatively slow car but it will do everything you tell it to. It's easy to get the rear gliding through corners and it straightens beautifully on exit. :cool:

12. gruvendubs

gruvendubs

Ratings:
    +7
    i just wish i could adjust the NA mX-5 suspension to tweak it a little bit. I honestly love driving that thing.

13. gruvendubs

gruvendubs

Ratings:
    +7
    Just to be 100% sure, I have the g27 so I should be using the stronger with no clipping LUT for the most realistic feel right?

• Like Like x 1
  14. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +1,115
    Yes! :) and 50% ffb gain in the menu settings.
    The car gain can be between 60 and 130%. Depends what you like :)
    But 100% car gain will always give you a nice and firm ffb feel without much clipping!

• Like Like x 1
  15. gruvendubs

gruvendubs

Ratings:
    +7
    Awesome thanks

16. SVG97

SVG97

Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried this and it has absolutely killed my ffb, like I have none at all.
    How do I go about getting back default wheel settings, short of deleting everything and reinstalling AC?

17. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +1,115
    Hi,
    It's probably a wrong line in the ff_post_process.ini or your lut file.
    You can delete both files and they will be restored with default values or you can go into the ff_post_process.ini and change "ENABLED=1" to "ENABLED=0", which disables this whole ini file :)

Or you could tell us what exactly you've done so we can help you :)

18. Dave_6

Dave_6
    Premium

Ratings:
    +210
    I am using Content Manager and the FFB Clip app with my G27. I decided to go over your original post and use the settings posted there. I have NOT tried a LUT yet though. Made a couple laps with the F2004 at Spa and during the second or third lap, it felt like the FFB settings changed without me actually doing anything. Is that something caused by the FFB Clip app? I have the dynamic setting unchecked. I'm now guessing I don't need to be using that app with your settings?

Also, is there anything different in CM that may be affecting it?

19. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +1,115
    Cm doesn't so anything. If anything, it's more accurate and keeps the settings better! (steering animation degree, I look at you...)

But ffb clip (depending of the version of it), is in "auto mode" at default.
    This means every time you load up a jew car/track combination, it will adjust the ffb gain of the car automatically over time of a few laps. For me it always starts at 200%, after pit lane it goes down to about 140% and after some kerbs, slides, (walls, lol) it will settle between 120% and 90%.
    It then saves the settings in an ini file so when you load up the same combination, it will NOT be in auto mode again.

I guess this is what happens for you!

BTW I truly recommend to not use the gamma settings. They were good but once I really figured out how the LUT works I abandoned the rest completely.
    So this thread still serves it's purpose but it's not what I use or would use ever again, personally!

If you click on the download one with my lut files you can post in the support area, which is in fact just another thread :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Tastaturri

Tastaturri

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,
    i'm using your Settings for the g27 for a while now, sooo good.
    But my brother and i just bought a second Wheel to Play against each other: and it's a g29

So i heard technically the g27 and g29 are the same, but the logitech profiler and Driver is differently.

How can i use the exact same Setting with the g29?

Thank you