AC GT3 @ TT Assen - Sunday 11th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
82008506-8CB5-490A-97E0-1153CEE50BFA.jpeg

I’ve got this strange thing that my laps don’t show during races. Any ideas?

Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This Sunday we're heading to TT Assen, the Cathedral of Speed!!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Need a warm-up beforehand or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5/Abarth event on every wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

AssenGP10.png

• Practice Server: Race Department #3 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Race Department #3 - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

Event details:
  • Track: TT Assen - Autosport
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 50 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Improving grip, Light wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • 4 x track cut warning = Drive through penalty (3 lap window to complete)

Useful Links:

Post in the forum below. (Practice server is open to all premium members)
  • Server Password: PM me/ Ask below

Entry List:

1. @Interslice - R8
  2. @Alfred Wayne - AMG
  3. @johnny85ac - BMW
  4. @Kek700 - BMW
  5. @Boukâh - 911
  6. @thom462 - 650s
  7. @Programmer_Rich - 650s
  8. @Jorge Gonzaga - Lambo
  9. @davejevons - 911
  10. @Fiberoptix - BMW
I'll take a Lambo :)

Thanks guys! Q6. Jump started, kinda reacted to the car in front of me, took drive through straight away. Everybody passed me at the start. Had Richard in the mirrors first part, he was closing in pretty fast. Been out there on my own most of the time. Staying focused was quite a thing. Last part of the race had Dave in my mirrors, closing in on me. Tyres were smoked.

And…. Had to pit in the last minute! Not my best fuel calculation there :cool: .

It was fun though, again learned a lot! Kept the 911 on the road for most part, but took two spins… had some limit warnings, lost focus a bit. But for me, I did great :cool:

Thanks for arranging this Brian!

Last edited:
Yeah, I enjoyed that. Great track for GT3s.

I benefitted from the jumps starts and found myself surprisingly in 3rd. It was never going to last but I enjoyed holding @Interslice off for a while. I found that as the tyres wore the 911 became very unpredictable and I had some big spins which cost me a lot of time. Once it spun I couldn't get the temperatures back down again so I pitted slightly earlier than planned. The 911 felt so good when it was back on new tyres.

After @Boukâh pitted we were quite close and we had a good battle with the gap ebbing and flowing - neither of us able to make a difference. Aftera while I had alapse of concentration spun and toasted the tyres. It was then a matter of nursing them for the last few laps. I was annoyed with the mistakes as without them it would have been very close between the 911s.

Still I enjoyed it and learned a lot too. Maybe back to the safety of the Mclaren next time though.

Last edited:
Glad to take the win, not much problems just one late braking missing the apex losing concentration short to the end.
Shame that there was the start incident, guess would have been a much more close race. Had to keep pace as Robert was not far behind but was able to manage it.
Thx Brian for organizing and cu next time.

A bit of a mad start! I was pretty confused when 3 cars ahead took a dive into the pits on lap 1. It looked like only the 1 car ahead of me jumped the start and i nipped past them before T1! From P10 to P7 at T1 and P4 at the end of the lap!

Nice battles early on with @davejevons. @johnny85ac was right with us before his tech issues. Dave defended well and I didn't have the pace for a clean pass so had to wait out his tyres / mistake. Tyres eventually went drifting sideways enough at de bult to squeeze though.

A very solid boring race then for the top 4. Robert left it too late to make things interesting ;) Pity about the jumps starts and technical difficulties. Would have spiced things up no doubt.

Congrats to @thom462 for the win and pole position double :thumbsup:

See you at the next one !

Yeah shame about the right row jumping, but I guess that's racing.

Great consistency up there Thomas :thumbsup:. I was able to hang on for the first 20 min, but then the tires really started to go, and post pit stop I couldn't quite find the same speed.

Didn't help crew chief was letting me know Brian was closing in. Good pace there too :thumbsup:. Almost got me there at the end, even without my tire mishap :confused::confused::confused:

Separate from my race, Jorge were you running pit lane penalty app by any chance? Noticed you took some drive thrus for cuts. but talking after, Brian didn't see penalties on the server. Only wondering because you might have not needed to take those drive thrus. May want to try disabling pit lane penalty next race (if you have it on)

Good combo today Brian. Was an enjoyable hour in the merc. Smashed my previous pb here from last time we race by like 3 seconds, yet still qualified p5/p6? :cautious::laugh: Everyone here is so fast :thumbsup: See you all next race :)

Last edited:
@Boukâh the lack of laps might be because the race is timed vs lap count? Sidekick and various simhub dashboards show laps which is what I use personally. Haven't used the kunos app in a while in race.
Thanks, must be something like that I guess, I’ll look into that further.

Nice jump in the video you posted :D and love the sound of that mercedes.

Oh dear. Car next to me launched slightly earlier and I just went with it like a lemming and did the same, straight into the back of Thomas (sorry). Got a penalty then had a bunch of connection issues. I had strange things in qualifying, like no leaderboard to see other drivers.

Eventually I managed to get back out but probably about 3 or 4 laps behind now. Drove for a while for the sake of being a car on track and followed a few others around for a bit but I felt I was confusing people as to my position. (which was overwhelmingly last!)

Disappointing as I like this track and was finding some pace by the time the race started.

Strangely I don't show up at all in the sim results :cautious:

Thanks Brian for organising and congratulations Thomas.

Yeah, I jumped as well, reacting to the car in front, who reacted to the car in front as well :confused:You were fast in practice and quali Tim, shame you had connection problems! Couldn’t find you in the results either. Probably something to do with connection issues?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back