AC GT3 @ TT Assen - Sunday 11th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Eventually I managed to get back out but probably about 3 or 4 laps behind now. Drove for a while for the sake of being a car on track and followed a few others around for a bit but I felt I was confusing people as to my position. (which was overwhelmingly last!)

It wasn't bothering me anyway Tim. I wasn't sure if I was holding you up or not was the only thing. Guessing I was! I maybe should have asked you over the comms. I ended up going off road twice trying to change the tyre pressures before the pits! Wasn't to do with you :)

It wasn't bothering me anyway Tim. I wasn't sure if I was holding you up or not was the only thing. Guessing I was! I maybe should have asked you over the comms. I ended up going off road twice trying to change the tyre pressures before the pits! Wasn't to do with you :)
I did want to race with you and try and get past but I was fighting for nothing and risked slowing you down. My microphone wasn't working on Discord so I couldn't ask/communicate. I will fix that for next week.

"I ended up going off road twice trying to change the tyre pressures before the pits! Wasn't to do with you "

I had the same problem. When I rejoined I went out with no pit strategy and tried applying one a few times in sector 3 going off on that fast left hander towards the pits a couple of times.

Sorry for all the problems I caused, bleeding clutch.
1CA9CD5C-4D09-471F-A723-0BD8AB143761.jpeg
If I had thought that the message I got to pit in two laps did not count, all would have been well.
But everyone would have needed to know that too.
Pitting was the end of my race But I still had a good race in front of me.
Another but, I assumed pitting meant returning to my pit box, all that happed was I got new tyres and another 40 litres of fuel, so I had 35 laps 80 litres of fuel and ons set of softs, at that point it got hopeless.

Sorry for all the problems I caused, bleeding clutch.
View attachment 622948
If I had thought that the message I got to pit in two laps did not count, all would have been well.
But everyone would have needed to know that too.
Pitting was the end of my race But I still had a good race in front of me.
Another but, I assumed pitting meant returning to my pit box, all that happed was I got new tyres and another 40 litres of fuel, so I had 35 laps 80 litres of fuel and ons set of softs, at that point it got hopeless.

Ye even though your pit box is lit up you just have to drive straight through. Did you serve the penalty even though you stopped?

As my front left was permanently red after two laps, I decided 34 laps of that was a big ask.:roflmao::roflmao:
Did not know if the penalty was lifted after the pit stop, gave up two corners later anyway.

Yeah shame about the right row jumping, but I guess that's racing.

Great consistency up there Thomas :thumbsup:. I was able to hang on for the first 20 min, but then the tires really started to go, and post pit stop I couldn't quite find the same speed.

Didn't help crew chief was letting me know Brian was closing in. Good pace there too :thumbsup:. Almost got me there at the end, even without my tire mishap :confused::confused::confused:

Separate from my race, Jorge were you running pit lane penalty app by any chance? Noticed you took some drive thrus for cuts. but talking after, Brian didn't see penalties on the server. Only wondering because you might have not needed to take those drive thrus. May want to try disabling pit lane penalty next race (if you have it on)

Good combo today Brian. Was an enjoyable hour in the merc. Smashed my previous pb here from last time we race by like 3 seconds, yet still qualified p5/p6? :cautious::laugh: Everyone here is so fast :thumbsup: See you all next race :)
I did have the pit lane penalty activated. I think in total i had at least 4 drive throughs... not counting the mandatory pit and a penalty for coming too hot on pit entry!

The limits on this track were crazy. Many times, just going a bit on the curb and would give me a warning. Specially the chicane on turn 5 or 6. At some point i was not sure whether these were enforced, so i just obliged to prevent a time penalty

Horrible race for me. I really didn't adapt to the Lambo and i was struggling to keep the pace. Specially with the severe track limits, i did not have the confidence and was always entering safe to prevent sliding beyond track limits.

For some reason, i don't do well with GT's in general. Last week on the GT4 was the same. Wrong car selection and maybe because these are not my favourite series. Hopefully there will be some prototypes or vintages in the near future and i will be more motivated

To add insult to injury i even got involved with Rich during a pit exit. Crew chief did not said anything about incoming cars and we made contact on Turn 2.
Luckily he was unaffected and my race was already a disaster, so good that it did not affect him

Congrats to winner and kudos to Brian and RD for another really good race

Last edited:
I agree with your sentiments Jorge, I am not that impressed with the track limits
as they are, to easy for too many innocent reasons why one person gets a bucket load and someone else does not get much.
Anything electronic seems to cause problems.

Last edited:
I did have the pit lane penalty activated. I think in total i had at least 4 drive throughs... not counting the mandatory pit and a penalty for coming too hot on pit entry!

The limits on this track were crazy. Many times, just going a bit on the curb and would give me a warning. Specially the chicane on turn 5 or 6. At some point i was not sure whether these were enforced, so i just obliged to prevent a time penalty

You're this first person I've seen using that app Jorge. You had zero penalties on the server here anyway. Not sure if the PLP app can penalise you independently but I doubt it! Any cuts you logged(3 on 1 lap and only 4 in total) on the server were on very slow laps, guess you spun off, so you didn't even get 1 of the 4 warnings needed for a penalty.

Horrible race for me. I really didn't adapt to the Lambo and i was struggling to keep the pace. Specially with the severe track limits, i did not have the confidence and was always entering safe to prevent sliding beyond track limits.

For some reason, i don't do well with GT's in general. Last week on the GT4 was the same. Wrong car selection and maybe because these are not my favourite series. Hopefully there will be some prototypes or vintages in the near future and i will be more motivated

To add insult to injury i even got involved with Rich during a pit exit. Crew chief did not said anything about incoming cars and we made contact on Turn 2.
Luckily he was unaffected and my race was already a disaster, so good that it did not affect him

Congrats to winner and kudos to Brian and RD for another really good race

I find the Lambo is a difficult car in high speed corners. It's hard to avoid that sideways drift. Slow corners and big straights, it's my go to car :)

The BMW would be a more traditional car, closer to vintage handling and a good all rounder. The mclaren has the most aero and the SCG is the closest thing to a prototype so one of them might suit you either.

You're this first person I've seen using that app Jorge. You had zero penalties on the server here anyway. Not sure if the PLP app can penalise you independently but I doubt it! Any cuts you logged(3 on 1 lap and only 4 in total) on the server were on very slow laps, guess you spun off, so you didn't even get 1 of the 4 warnings needed for a penalty.

I find the Lambo is a difficult car in high speed corners. It's hard to avoid that sideways drift. Slow corners and big straights, it's my go to car :)

The BMW would be a more traditional car, closer to vintage handling and a good all rounder. The mclaren has the most aero and the SCG is the closest thing to a prototype so one of them might suit you either.
I removed the PLP now. The app is just informative but it was one of those “when in doubt” situations.

Either way you guys were much faster than me, so back to practice

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back