AC GT3 @ TT Assen - Sunday 11th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This Sunday we're heading to TT Assen, the Cathedral of Speed!!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Need a warm-up beforehand or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5/Abarth event on every wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

AssenGP10.png

• Practice Server: Race Department #3 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Race Department #3 - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

Event details:
  • Track: TT Assen - Autosport
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 50 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Improving grip, Light wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • 4 x track cut warning = Drive through penalty (3 lap window to complete)

Useful Links:

Post in the forum below. (Practice server is open to all premium members)
  • Server Password: PM me/ Ask below

Entry List:

1. @Interslice - R8
  2. @Alfred Wayne - AMG
  3. @johnny85ac - BMW
  4. @Kek700 - BMW
  5. @Boukâh - 911
  6. @thom462 - 650s
  7. @Programmer_Rich - 650s
  8. @Jorge Gonzaga - Lambo
  9. @davejevons - 911
  10. @Fiberoptix - BMW

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, let them retake the position and carry on racing.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the throttle pedal.
  2. You will be penalised if you break our rules.
Note: Please use your full real name in game, on the forum and on discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a club member.

Last edited:
For this circuit the BMW Z4 seems like a reasonable choice please Brian.
:)
Nice to be back in GT3 , seems like a long while since we were in gt3 cars

Is there an in-car app that displays track cuts as they are in the race system? I guess at Assen crew chief Jim is closest to the system, but not even as sharp as the (emperor?) race system in judging track cuts. Been looking at replay of my mx5 race in helicopter view, I can see my cuts but not always I got a warning from Jim, or even looser AC for that matter. Tryin to learn to keep my lines clean at race format. So, is there an onboard app that blinks/beeps at the exact amount of cut as the race system?

Eventually I’ll be able to keep my cars between the lines :cool: Nothing more frightening, than a kinda desperate Jim, sighing and shouting at me…

Last edited:
Car choice is now between bmw and porsche. The latter gives me more racing pleasure, I definitely like the kinda oversteering feel better, although it makes the car more ‘nervous’ and I need to be gentle on the throttle… Downside, tyrewear is higher for me in 911.

Or I should make the bmw turn in better, if I’d only knew how…

The doubting continues… just about 7 hours left to decide :D

Last edited:
Is there an in-car app that displays track cuts as they are in the race system? I guess at Assen crew chief Jim is closest to the system, but not even as sharp as the (emperor?) race system in judging track cuts. Been looking at replay of my mx5 race in helicopter view, I can see my cuts but not always I got a warning from Jim, or even looser AC for that matter. Tryin to learn to keep my lines clean at race format. So, is there an onboard app that blinks/beeps at the exact amount of cut as the race system?

Eventually I’ll be able to keep my cars between the lines :cool: Nothing more frightening, than a kinda desperate Jim, sighing and shouting at me…
If you use the laptime app you can see the running laptime changing from white to red figures, meaning that it's an illegal lap by a cut. But it only works for the first cut in that lap.

If you use the laptime app you can see the running laptime changing from white to red figures, meaning that it's an illegal lap by a cut. But it only works for the first cut in that lap.
Thanks Han! Yeah, was aware of that, but just as you say, it only works for the first one and at Assen it’s not as sharp as Jim and not shure it’s the same as the race software you use, that counts all the cuts and collisions etc.

Some kind of counter on screen would be nice.

But in the end it’s better of course not to cross the limits :geek:

Last edited:
When I did a few races on World Sim Series, they had an overlay that popped up with the number of cuts you had. Like "1 / 12 cuts". May have even shown up in the message app not a solo overlay. Not sure if thats an option on the new servers RD is trying out though.

But yeah, keeping it on the road solves all those problems :p

You will only get a cut warning at the end of the lap if you post a lap faster than your average time. In theory only when you've left the track and gained an advantage. So you shouldn't get warnings for laps where you have spun out or where you've had to avoid a traffic jam.

I'll fire up a looping race server later for some testing. Anyone can join. Let me know what you think.

From what I can see lap 1 or any lap greater than 107% doesn't count towards the average. So pitstop laps or laps where you've crashed badly wont affect the average.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%