AC GT3 @ Portimao(2023)- Sunday 10th December 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. On Sunday 10th December we are at the Algarve International Circuit, Portimao, for some GT3 action!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All Race Department premium members with their full real name added to their forum profile as well as in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 + Abarth event earlier in the week . We also run a practice server all week for all events.

Portimao-2021.png

• Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com #8 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com #8 - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 60 minute - Race

Cars (Ballast/Restrictor)

Event details:
  • Track: Algarve Portimão
  • Pit stop: Mandatory stop between 10 and 50 minutes
  • Track Temps: 20C air/30C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, Optimum grip.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

Sign up via link closes lunch time on race day, but you can still sign up below in the forum!

Sign up info (New members welcome! Post below or send me a PM to get a signup account!!)

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. You will get 3 warnings before a drive through penalty for exceeding track limits to your advantage. Any warnings/penalties are displayed in the chat window at the end of each lap
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord and in game. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify who you are.

i hope this time i make it for the race another beautiful track hope the mod is a good one cause i remember playing a mod of Portimao with godzilla (nissan gt-r gt3) and everytime at the pit exit i was getting damage on the front bumper from a ground hole

Hi Brian;
fyi, i think you may have inadvertently loaded this event to server 8 and server 5... i think it should be the one on server 8 no? just wanted to give you heads up.

i really like the portimao circuit--nice selection. should be a good one!

Hi Brian;
fyi, i think you may have inadvertently loaded this event to server 8 and server 5... i think it should be the one on server 8 no? just wanted to give you heads up.

i really like the portimao circuit--nice selection. should be a good one!

Ah! Thanks, I was wondering why I had to start it twice :)

i hope this time i make it for the race another beautiful track hope the mod is a good one cause i remember playing a mod of Portimao with godzilla (nissan gt-r gt3) and everytime at the pit exit i was getting damage on the front bumper from a ground hole

Ye the old track had some janky bits. The bump in craig jones thought me alot about car setup!

M4 base/stable setup for anyone who wants to try. Its a bit higher and stiffer than stock to counter the ballast is carries. Up 1mm, stiffer springs and dampers.

Diff coast(fixed) is a bit lower now so it won't plough as much as it did either.
Let me know if it feels better or worse. I think only yourself Paul using it @Shed 17

Attachments

• m4 test.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 31
  • m4 test.sp
    291 bytes · Views: 24
Last edited:
Look out for the kerb at T1 :roflmao:

I also tried your M4 set up Brian and I think raising the ride height helps. Or at least it helps me "think" the car is more nimble lol.

I put the stiffness back to stock and raised the front ride height to 25 and rear to 38. Seemed to play well with my set up (attached below if anyone wants)

Attachments

• Testing.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Look out for the kerb at T1 :roflmao:

I also tried your M4 set up Brian and I think raising the ride height helps. Or at least it helps me "think" the car is more nimble lol.

I put the stiffness back to stock and raised the front ride height to 25 and rear to 38. Seemed to play well with my set up (attached below if anyone wants)

BTCC style kerb hit there!

Nice one. Ye I think it need something or other to stop it bottoming excessively. Will give yours a try.

It's a really nice car to drive. The low end torque from the turbo is great. Side effect of suppressing the exhaust note unfortunately :cool:

Last edited:
@H_Belane If you're on the newest newest CSP preview, even turning off seasonal changes (now located in the track categories option) I still had snow :O_o:

What worked for me was just making a backup copy of the config.ext file then deleting the section which included "seasons". Works for me now on server without snow.

Drop these two files into your "extension" folder in the track folder. Will overwrite your current config sans seasonal adj, and includes a backup config file with original seasonal adj

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    25.4 KB · Views: 29
  • ext_config_backup.ini
    27.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
That M6 is such an odd one to me. Consistently feels the "slowest" when driving, yet track after track it turns in very quick times without breaking much of a sweat.

Also, unlike the last track version and it's super tight track limits, this track doesn't seem to have any lol

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea