AC GT3 @ Portimao(2023)- Sunday 10th December 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
cmon guys how that happen we allowed an american to win on european territory :cry::cry::cry:. jokes apart congratz Robert amazing pace dominated the entire race well F done. sorry Rob Denton for the contact i think that i gave you space, if not im deeply sorry for that . p2 for me considering that i was having some stability and traction problem this was more than i expected . didnt meant to do the tyres change but was checked on the box, in the end was the best strategy. Race was so much fun on my side thank you Brian as always for hosting :D
No problem. I was defending quite hard and I'm pretty sure I was too deep on corner entry.

Congrats to Robert, as he was pretty flawless the entire race.

I realized on my first qualy run that I was only getting 75% brake pedal pressure, so I had to recalibrate the pedals and try again. Apparently I had been running way for a while . It left me relearning my braking points in the middle of qualifying and much, much faster.

The race was great and left me realizing that I need to get better at keeping a cool head under pressure. I had the pace to win, but silly mistakes were made during my pit stop in-lap and the pit stop itself.

And kudos to Johnny, you made the race really exciting - great driving on your part.

Last edited:
I had the pace to win, but silly mistakes were made during my pit stop in lap and the pit stop itself.

And kudos to Johnny, you made the race really exciting - great driving on your part.
Thanks bro! :inlove: we already had some nice laps on thursday together (unfortunately I‘ve seen your message too late, thanks for that). Your pace was really strong, much faster than me. I watched the replay, you were flying on the straights and out of the corners. Btw what a rocket start from your side! :thumbsup:

Going into T1 the whole field appeared to drift towards me in unison. I realised I had a very high ping (300) and tried to go wide to avoid everyone else but just ended up putting myself into a spin. Hung back waiting for it to settle down and after a few laps was able to chase after Dominic.

I had an unusual incident a few alps later where the car flipped on a kerb and landed on its roof :confused:. After that it didn't drive straight and was trying to kill me at every low speed corner. I headed to the pits to change tyres hoping to fix whatever the damage was, but it didn't work, so teleported back which seemed to fix whatever the issue was. Finally got out a few laps down and went off chasing Dominic (again). A great battle at the end, even if it wasn't for anything as I was just unlapping myself.

The 'vette grew on me over time. I initially thought it was a bit fake and felt very arcade-like but the harder I drove it the more I got to understand it. I did miss the interactivity/'which way is it going to snap this time?' character of the Porsche though.

Going into T1 the whole field appeared to drift towards me in unison. I realised I had a very high ping (300) and tried to go wide to avoid everyone else but just ended up putting myself into a spin. Hung back waiting for it to settle down and after a few laps was able to chase after Dominic.

I had an unusual incident a few alps later where the car flipped on a kerb and landed on its roof :confused:. After that it didn't drive straight and was trying to kill me at every low speed corner. I headed to the pits to change tyres hoping to fix whatever the damage was, but it didn't work, so teleported back which seemed to fix whatever the issue was. Finally got out a few laps down and went off chasing Dominic (again). A great battle at the end, even if it wasn't for anything as I was just unlapping myself.

The 'vette grew on me over time. I initially thought it was a bit fake and felt very arcade-like but the harder I drove it the more I got to understand it. I did miss the interactivity/'which way is it going to snap this time?' character of the Porsche though.

Unlucky! Did you select repairs in the pits?

Congratulations Robert @Alfred Wayne on a superb drive from the front and also to Rob @robthesquare on an impressive drive in the Porsche.

For me it was a steady drive, the M4 reliably getting me to the line without any dramas. I even had a couple of laps where I managed to stay ahead of Fulvio and Hank.

Watching Rob in that Porsche was awesome though, the drive out of the corners and the straight line speed was very impressive, well done on hanging on to it for the whole race.

Thanks again to Brian and all really, it made for a really good race.:thumbsup:

Congratulations Robert @Alfred Wayne on a superb drive from the front and also to Rob @robthesquare on an impressive drive in the Porsche.

For me it was a steady drive, the M4 reliably getting me to the line without any dramas. I even had a couple of laps where I managed to stay ahead of Fulvio and Hank.

Watching Rob in that Porsche was awesome though, the drive out of the corners and the straight line speed was very impressive, well done on hanging on to it for the whole race.

Thanks again to Brian and all really, it made for a really good race.:thumbsup:

We had a few good laps together as well!

The suggestion of the "Darche Cup" is great.

We are in the middle of moving home at present, so I forgot to congratulate Robert, as he is a Mazda driver, I have decided to elevate him to the rank of Rotter, admitted he does not surpass Allan as chief Rotter.
Well deserved win Robert.

2987DDE7-84A8-433C-9DA3-49919F45487F.jpeg

PS
BMW?? Brian your Bmw was so burdened by BOP it made what should have been very difficult or most likely impossible into quite straight forward.

If I may suggest that you stay with this car.

View attachment 713199

It would have been a long defence! I let you ahead to try and get a tow up to the cars ahead.. Didn't work... no pace to keep up through the corners. I will be back to a rearward engined machine next time :D

Congrats to Robert, Fulvio and Hank for the top 3 finishes. Nice driving guys. Also honorable mention to anyone who went the distance in that Darche--seems to be a special kind of car.

As always, good to race with you Dave. Sorry to hear of your misfortunes, but you were keeping the pressure on with your comebacks which kept things spicy. You clearly had the drop on me with that vette, so it seemed fitting that I pulled my trademark last lap choke and spun, hit the wall and wound up on the roof allowing you to pass. ooof... Man, I gotta work on that.:O_o:

I was surprised that I still finished ahead of you in the standings, but now I understand why.

Tough break also to Pat, who seemed to have some trouble with the Merc. I was sorry to see you bail out.
See you all on the next one!

Ahh, almost forgot: Thanks Brian for organizing and hosting! Much appreciated!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea