AC GT3 @ Portimao(2023)- Sunday 10th December 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
As Robert says, the track limits here are 'generous' and bear little relation to the white line. Are we using the 2 wheels inside the white line rule or the track's definiton of track limits which will trigger the warnings?

Agree on the M6. I tried it at the end of the session last night and it felt slow and wobbly but was doing the same times as the other cars. Most odd. Certainly a less frenetic way to achieve the same time.

@H_Belane If you're on the newest newest CSP preview, even turning off seasonal changes (now located in the track categories option) I still had snow :O_o:

What worked for me was just making a backup copy of the config.ext file then deleting the section which included "seasons". Works for me now on server without snow.

Drop these two files into your "extension" folder in the track folder. Will overwrite your current config sans seasonal adj, and includes a backup config file with original seasonal adj
Super helpful, thanks @Alfred Wayne :thumbsup:

Changing from winter to summer I thought would just change the colours as the temperatures and grip level say they are the same. However. I've gone over a second faster! Coincidence? Placebo? Something else? Either way I'm very happy :)

As Robert says, the track limits here are 'generous' and bear little relation to the white line. Are we using the 2 wheels inside the white line rule or the track's definiton of track limits which will trigger the warnings?

Agree on the M6. I tried it at the end of the session last night and it felt slow and wobbly but was doing the same times as the other cars. Most odd. Certainly a less frenetic way to achieve the same time.

Hi Dave, we just have to go with the cuts as they are so it's the same for everyone. The same across the AC racing club also.

A similar question popped up a Silverstone BTCC.
At a certain point of running wide you will start to loose time. Also anyone around a cars width off track I would consider it a case of them rejoining and so have to yield to cars on the inside.

I can't drive fast with it either. I'm not competitive with that. Maybe we should do a Darche Cup event at some point.

It oddly seems to have fallen into the same predicament as the kunos GT3 - It has decent one lap pace. At certain tracks that suit it, its on the qualy pace.
But, over a one hour race the tyre wear, cold fronts, hot rears and fuel tank weight shift put it maybe 15-30 seconds off the pace.

With the tyre warmers and brake ducts you can keep enough grip in the front tyres to do a decent qualy lap. Also means you have a different setup and need to base your race setup from the feel of the car from lap 3 on..

Last edited:
cmon guys how that happen we allowed an american to win on european territory :cry::cry::cry:. jokes apart congratz Robert amazing pace dominated the entire race well F done. sorry Rob Denton for the contact i think that i gave you space, if not im deeply sorry for that . p2 for me considering that i was having some stability and traction problem this was more than i expected . didnt meant to do the tyres change but was checked on the box, in the end was the best strategy. Race was so much fun on my side thank you Brian as always for hosting :D

oh guys, what an awesome and challenging race that was. I didn't have so much close and clean battles for a long time. first and foremost with hank and rob. well done everyone! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: gonna watch the full replay this time, I guess :roflmao:
Although I couldn't keep up to yesterdays practice pace, I am quite happy about my consistency (except of two bigger offroad trips, where I was really lucky to not completely ruin my race :rolleyes:).
After race is before race, looking forward to the next one! So much fun with you guys! :)
Edit: congrats rob, fulvio and hank for the podium!

Last edited:
I got a great start that gained me a few places then avoided the t2 incident and found myself up in p5 and chasing Paul.

I was driving quite conservatively as it was my first time in the Porsche so I was consistent but slower than the cars behind and I gradually dropped places.

Pitted with Ernie on my tail and came out at the same time as Hanke who must have changed tyres. We went 2 wide into t1 that turned into 3 wide as Fulvio came around the outside.

They disappeared up the road and I focused on not spinning on worn tyres. That worked until Brian came out from his pitstop just behind me and a moment of driving looking in my mirrors and round I went. Another spin a few laps later was a small loss of concentration.

My worn tyres weren't actually too bad, last laps were 0.5-1 seconds slower than my best.

Thanks to everyone that raced and to Brian for organising.

Everything that could go wrong did go wrong, punted Hank, punted Brian, brakes seem superior on the GTD, but no excuses, Sorry lads, pit stop refused to fuel, spent what seemed like ages going backwards and I was just alone with nowhere to go, so went for a cup of tea instead.
DE1FC2CD-392C-4970-9972-BFE989FC0BB7.jpeg

Really good racing tonight. Apart from the first lap, which brought me to the back of the field. Regardless, things like that happen sometimes. After that I had great fights with almost everyone. It was a lot of fun today. :thumbsup:

And yes, I think a Darche Cup (4 races) would be really great! :)
+1 for the Porsche Cup :sneaky: Such a quick masterpiece but so hard to handle, espacially over a full race distance

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.