Hi guys, I never had the chance to try GPL and I wanted to change that today.
I'm a bit lost with the different install options proposed by the GPLWorld website though.
Should I get the 2004/2020 demo and install mods over it or is it better to get the CD version and go from scratch? Thanks!

Hi guys, I never had the chance to try GPL and I wanted to change that today.
I'm a bit lost with the different install options proposed by the GPLWorld website though.
Should I get the 2004/2020 demo and install mods over it or is it better to get the CD version and go from scratch? Thanks!
You install the 2004/2020 Demo and installs Mods over that . ( The only option if you own a new PC )
And also the best option by a mile :)

Last edited:
Can GPl (via GPL shift) recognize 3 input devices ?
Hage G27 Wheel, G27 Pedals (Bodnar Cable) and VNM Shifter.
Have issue in GTR2, which maybe fixable using different USB ports (1, 2, 3)
supposedly (will try it later).
GPL shift worked well befor th enew shifter,
did not try run it yet. Works well in AC
Any tips appreciated,
Cheers,
Ivan

I recently reinstalled GPL again.

Looks and runs fantastic on my 1440p 144hz monitor.

I have a problem though,no ffb.

I have checked that ffb is set at 1 in the core.ini and also ticked ffb on in Gem’s control settings but no ffb.

All my other sims have ffb but not GPL,strange.

Last edited:
Hello,
I would like to know his opinion on this (because I don't know anything about it):
What is the mod / game / that best simulates the 1965-66-67-68- and 69 f1?

are:
-Grand Prix Legends (of course 1967)
- F1 Challenge 99-02 (mods 1964 to 69 by SamAlex)
-Rfactor (mods of all colors and flavors)
especially mods:
-f1 1965 by CROMS
-f1 1967 Classic by Slimjim
-f1 Racing Legends (1967 style) by BorekS

-GTR2 also has something.

-no more modern games, because they are more "realistic" but they don't have a whole season. (besides that my pc would explode)

to take into account that I do not know anything about "realism" much less about those years .... (60's)
I read somewhere that it looks like slipping on ice. (Is that true? Or did some game just "educate" us like that?)

I tried all the mentioned ones ... and the ones that look more like ice, are the F1C mods (apparently they are taken from gpl)
..but I don't know anything.
What do you think?

Last edited:
Hello,
I would like to know his opinion on this (because I don't know anything about it):

are:
-Grand Prix Legends (of course 1967)
- F1 Challenge 99-02 (mods 1964 to 69 by SamAlex)
-Rfactor (mods of all colors and flavors)
especially mods:
-f1 1965 by CROMS
-f1 1967 Classic by Slimjim
-f1 Racing Legends (1967 style) by BorekS

-GTR2 also has something.

-no more modern games, because they are more "realistic" but they don't have a whole season. (besides that my pc would explode)

to take into account that I do not know anything about "realism" much less about those years .... (60's)
I read somewhere that it looks like slipping on ice. (Is that true? Or did some game just "educate" us like that?)

I tried all the mentioned ones ... and the ones that look more like ice, are the F1C mods (apparently they are taken from gpl)
..but I don't know anything.
What do you think?
I'm biased because I'm one of the authors of the 1965 mod for rF1, so I'm going to say that our '65 is the "best" out of them all, because we tried to offer a mod that would be as complete as possible, both in terms of cars and tracks as well.

But it all comes down to personal preference. Some believe that hard to drive equals to realistic (especially for F1s and sportscars from the '60s and early '70s), others (like us) believe that these cars should be harsh but fair.

These cars were not glued on the road like contemporary F1s running on slicks, but they weren't trying to murder you at every corner either. Most casualties and fatalities during those years were often down to partially unrelated issues like poor safety standards rather than the cars being impossible to drive as they're often portraied in most other mods.

The "driving on ice" feeling is unfortunately a common issue of gMotor and gMotor2 based games, so yes it does feel like you're just sliding along in F1C and rF1, but that was also a recurring thing in the original GPL. We tried to keep a good balance, but it's up to the player to decide which mod and/or game they like the most for '60s F1s.

Hello,

What do you think?

For ice skating, the mythical Grand Prix Legends series, for sure.
You will need a lot of time to master it.

To have fun and with very good graphics and physics , my favourite is GPL-MOD 1967 2.20 for Assetto Corsa, by Bazza, with many historical tracks.

No controversy, just an opinion from one who is not an alien. ;)

I'm biased because I'm one of the authors of the 1965 mod for rF1, so I'm going to say that our '65 is the "best" out of them all, because we tried to offer a mod that would be as complete as possible, both in terms of cars and tracks as well.

But it all comes down to personal preference. Some believe that hard to drive equals to realistic (especially for F1s and sportscars from the '60s and early '70s), others (like us) believe that these cars should be harsh but fair.

These cars were not glued on the road like contemporary F1s running on slicks, but they weren't trying to murder you at every corner either. Most casualties and fatalities during those years were often down to partially unrelated issues like poor safety standards rather than the cars being impossible to drive as they're often portraied in most other mods.

The "driving on ice" feeling is unfortunately a common issue of gMotor and gMotor2 based games, so yes it does feel like you're just sliding along in F1C and rF1, but that was also a recurring thing in the original GPL. We tried to keep a good balance, but it's up to the player to decide which mod and/or game they like the most for '60s F1s.
Well that's a beautiful manual to start with...

Thank you very much for your responses. really. I must say that in f1c, rarely have I felt the car slip (only when it rains or the wheel is worn) ..... but that is a PERSEPTION of mine.
in rfactor ... much less I have seen this skating.
including those 1965- 67 mods etc ... they are tough but fair .. as you say.
Alone and just now I have tried the f1 1967 mod for f1challenge (by samAlex..on the page http://f1cbr.blogspot.com/ is complete ... 65 is with bugs) ... and this is where exactly I have seen the "ice".
since I have never tested the GPL, I was asking these questions.

Thank you so much.

I have raced with GPL about 10 years in league.
It is indeed a very complicated sim to master, but i can say without any doubt that i have never encountered a more rewarding simracing experience as the good old days with GPL /vroc.
It took me years to reach my best gpl rank of -20, which was for sure just an average level at that time, but i have been so happy with that. Nothing compares in simracing with the joy of being negativ for the time at GPL !!
GpL rank was such an important thing in simracing. It is the father of all sim ranking system .

These cars have something special i can not explain.

The gpl mod 2.2 for assetto corsa is great too, and it is a shame that it is not use online.
I also love the porkose open wheeler. Fictional, but so much fun to race ! I made a race tokay at kyalami against AI, and it was amazing just amazing

Last edited:
For those who are aurait with GPL physics being too slipery, they could try the mod 1967 historic, which has a revamp physic with less slipery at low speed

GPL not recognising G29? Tried GPLshift​

Question
Hey guys i want to sample the joys of GPL Demo 2020 but i cant get the game to recognise my G29 wheel. It seems to see my clucbsport pedals but thinks they are steering axis? Can anyone help.
(I tried Gshift and im on Windows 10)

GPL not recognising G29? Tried GPLshift​

Question
Hey guys i want to sample the joys of GPL Demo 2020 but i cant get the game to recognise my G29 wheel. It seems to see my clucbsport pedals but thinks they are steering axis? Can anyone help.
(I tried Gshift and im on Windows 10)
HI. May be you have more than 2... (Arg!! My English) joysticks, wheels or pedals. Gpl only reconigse 2 of them.

1965.jpg
1966.jpg
Sportscars.jpg
1967.jpg

Attachments

• folder.jpg
    folder.jpg
    620.5 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes