And a plug for the retro version of my original strategy guide ("Four-Wheel Drift") that I wrote for Papyrus: the new REDUX edition contains the 'lost' Ferrari chapter, which was supposed to be in the first release, but was held up by a postal-workers' strike in Italy or something.

Last edited:
So i did come up with a fix to get gpl shift working.
install the demo... rename the gpl 2020 demo exe to just gpl.
run gpl shift patch.. patching the newly renamed gpl exe.
shifter works!

I want to take this latest demo's improvements and copy over to my regular install.

I wouldn't do it, as the demo is missing some files plus things have been changed for the demo that can cause problems in GPL.
Also some patches are applied to the demo2020.exe (like the black bars removement patch) and not to the gpl.exe, so you will not have any benefit of it in GPL.

I would rather apply the patches, install the mods, tracks and so on step by step to your GPL game.

My question is...... Has anyone been able to get FFB on a direct drive wheel?? I have been unsucessfull so far with a Fanatec DD2 whether in PC Mode or CSW2.5 Compatibilty Mode :(

TIA....it is/was one my Favorite sims

My question is...... Has anyone been able to get FFB on a direct drive wheel?? I have been unsucessfull so far with a Fanatec DD2 whether in PC Mode or CSW2.5 Compatibilty Mode :(

TIA....it is/was one my Favorite sims
My AccuForce has FFB in GPL. Can't remember if there was any tricks involved. Have you checked with the GPL community over at srmz.net?

Hello, I downloaded GPL 2020 demo, since I was a fan of the original, glad seing it back.
My problem is after installation my wheel (G29) does not get recognized: oddly enough i can calibrate it in options, but then i cannot use it.
What should I do?
tx

Hello all, I've really got the bug for some historical racing ala Grand Prix Legends, is there a mod for any of the sim racers out there that has historical racing, it will have to be in one of the sims that supports VR as I only race in VR.
Thought I'd ask, I know that r factor have a few cars and tracks as does automoblista 2 and PC2 but is there a complete mod that has a full season/game ?

GPLEA Tracks ..site is slow links work, I double checked

http://web.archive.org/web/20090618121744/http://gplea.rscsites.org/

GPL Database will give you mostly links to SRMZ which you need to join to get downloads

SRMZ ( SimRacing Mirror Zone ) Make sure to Scroll individual track threads for updates
some will be buried ( Link to Solitude is down the page )

Last edited:
Was probably because I was at work. My PC at work is almost as old as GPL itself !. Thanks to everyone for the help. Never thought I would revisit GPL, but I have to say its still a blast, but Clark's track records are near impossible for me to even come near. Best at Watkins Glen for him was a 1:09, for me only a 1:13.

Was probably because I was at work. My PC at work is almost as old as GPL itself !. Thanks to everyone for the help. Never thought I would revisit GPL, but I have to say its still a blast, but Clark's track records are near impossible for me to even come near. Best at Watkins Glen for him was a 1:09, for me only a 1:13.

solitude67_screenshot1.jpg

Thomas Laechele's texture updates for Solitude and others ....

Alternate Solitude texture update....

Links to all car mods

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years