Thunder Cars.jpg

I have raced with GPL about 10 years in league.
It is indeed a very complicated sim to master, but i can say without any doubt that i have never encountered a more rewarding simracing experience as the good old days with GPL /vroc.
It took me years to reach my best gpl rank of -20, which was for sure just an average level at that time, but i have been so happy with that. Nothing compares in simracing with the joy of being negativ for the time at GPL !!
GpL rank was such an important thing in simracing. It is the father of all sim ranking system .

These cars have something special i can not explain.

The gpl mod 2.2 for assetto corsa is great too, and it is a shame that it is not use online.
I also love the porkose open wheeler. Fictional, but so much fun to race ! I made a race tokay at kyalami against AI, and it was amazing just amazing
check https://thracing.de/

we race the AC mod in a league

I gotta say..my relationship with GPL has been a big love\hate so far. I never grew up with the game but I've been drawn back to it constantly but still have so much trouble to even get the car around the track without spinning or going into a wall.

I'm spending my afternoon trying to get a FFB setting that is near perfect to what I get in AC and what I found works best for the GPL mod for me, and even that's proving to be a bigger challenge than I thought :laugh:

Great game though!

That's pretty much the standard for GPL. Every GPL'er has gone through this:) But most of the mods have their own physics so they are easier to drive than the vanilla Papyrus cars.
Yeah, I was trying out the 65 F1 mod as those cars are about 200hp or over, rather than nearly 400hp. Much easier to drive and teaches you alot of the games physics, but still need to work on my braking and consistent track markers. I guess that will come to me eventually :laugh: the FFB thing has been sorted out, finally.

I feel the Can Am cars will be a nightmare, and the Sports Cars won't be much better. We'll see. I've only had experience on this game for the past two months (or about a week/2 weeks if we count up real play time)

Last edited:
Yeah, I was trying out the 65 F1 mod as those cars are about 200hp or over, rather than nearly 400hp. Much easier to drive and teaches you alot of the games physics, but still need to work on my braking and consistent track markers. I guess that will come to me eventually :laugh: the FFB thing has been sorted out, finally.

I feel the Can Am cars will be a nightmare, and the Sports Cars won't be much better. We'll see. I've only had experience on this game for the past two months (or about a week/2 weeks if we count up real play time)
65 is the right choice to start with GPL :thumbsup:

Why GPL 2020 Demo had main menu very small? i changed resolution and nothing changed, im not gonna use magnifying glass to make setups
While in game whole window are around black frame, its not letterbox mode, i had this black frame in many games not only GPL, even those games somtimes had stuttering problems despite smooth frame rate.

I guess those are your display's settings if it happens in other games as well.

Set the aspect ratio to "auto" or "stretch" or something.

Last edited:
I know this is something I could be burned at the stake for.

I can't find a way to assign the ASWD keys as car handling. nor the mods to achieve assign keys.

If anyone has this "fresh", I would greatly appreciate it.

I just installed Grand Prix Legends on my pc yesterday using a Youtube guide. Installation went smoothly but then when I booted up the game the menu just flashes or flickers all over the place. I can't click on anything either so I cant exit the game. How do I fix this problem?

Last edited:
Hi.

Are you starting the game from GEM+ ?.
if so it sounds like you may be running the wrong in game video drivers.

On the 1st screen of GEM look for the rasterizers tab...

If your running 3d ver2 change it to OpelGL version 2, or vice-versa.

Hopefully might help.

But a GPL guru will let you know, and me if I'm wrong... lol.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back