Thinking of GPL mods for AC. I think those are great shame, and on multiple levels. Not going to comment on the models, where they are sourced from (shady), not going to comment on physics - never tried, maybe physics are good, I have no idea (doubt it). But just focusing on the fact that they are called "GPL mods for AC" is just outrageous for me. I understand the idea, and I think it is understandable if someone in they early teens doesn't understand that it is wrong. But the adult should understand that you can not do this. You can not use a name of a legend, a name that belongs to that legend and its developers. It is just unethical, and I think it is not great that it has become a common practice to do so in AC.

I am way more interested in GPL demo 2020

I have no idea (doubt it)
Physics are great in this mod...
where they are sourced from (shady)
yup...indeed
I understand the idea, and I think it is understandable if someone in they early teens doesn't understand that it is wrong.
Oh my sweet summerchild :D
But honestly: Today, there is no need, for ripped mods anymore, i agree...back then, when GTR2 and rF1 was the big deal, there was not more to get, than relying on good mods, no matter where the material for it came from...modding in freeware range has always been a hit&miss...

The AC mode is in my opinion good. So as the kunos lotus 49 an Ferrari 312.
I dont use them much, because I always enjoy GPL, but no special critic from me.

I also have rfactor 2 Android I lire the old formula cars in this game. Very well done

No one is saying prefer GPL

For me it's where would we be without it ?

Only sim to scratch model Isle of Man and Targa Florio and they still feel and look better then counterparts

How many times GPL maps been used throughout sims and they get barely a thanks
Even VLM ( gMotor2.0) never acknowledged them for Rouen map ...show me where GPL and VLM long maps differ and I will tell you pigs fly ..it is as plain as the nose on your face they are the same

So many gems stuff like Machwerk, Montjuic , Solitude .... just goes on and on and...... :coffee:

and GPL has SCGT to thank for many 3rd party

and now Isle of Man Full :confused::coffee::ninja::cry::inlove::barefoot::speechless:

Last edited:
A hour of messing around, restarting PC, plugging and unplugging keyboard and G27.

Nothing. No response to inputs-except for one try, wheel axis working, no keyboard-pedals-mouse.

Lord knows I tried. Wanted to hammer the McLaren at Road America.

Another thing GPL is the only sim Historic buries it's nose like it should

Check real Lotus and McLaren still hard on anchors scrapping the nose
GPL is identical

GPL braking.jpg

Go watch videos of pCars AC Parabolica they are a joke, physics lol
Here just watch Lotus suspension don't even move braking....full on arcade :confused:

Like I said if you ran a setup soft enough to do that car would be slower because it does not represent historic physics

NOW ................. go watch rFactor2 ;)

Attachments

• GPL braking.jpg
    GPL braking.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 148
While I loved the original game I'm afraid it's just not going to make it with me. I appreciate their herculean efforts because I'm one of those guys that still enjoys GP4 by Geoff Crammond. The fact that it is a gift to the community is simply amazing. Thanks for the write up @Paul Jeffrey :thumbsup:

My favorite part of the video was hearing Sharon Den Adel and Within Temptation. Love that song and her voice:inlove:

Go watch videos of pCars AC Parabolica they are a joke, physics lol
Here just watch Lotus suspension don't even move braking....full on arcade :confused:

that´s may be because the setup is too low and you are bottoning (it´s that right?) the suspesion. in these cars you shlould setup the car hight not to do it, and as the soften as you could.

A hour of messing around, restarting PC, plugging and unplugging keyboard and G27.

Nothing. No response to inputs-except for one try, wheel axis working, no keyboard-pedals-mouse.

Lord knows I tried. Wanted to hammer the McLaren at Road America.

Even your mouse does not work when you have started the demo? That is a very strange problem. Until you start the demo your mouse works fine? It also works in other games?

Maybe you would like to register to the SRMZ forum http://srmz.net/ and the GPL community will try to help you.

Not a fan of the mixed cars of different eras all racing together in the demo. IMO the 2004 demo is better. Get used to 1967 cars then decide later if you want to try different machines.

GPL is still relevant even though it's older than many people who sim race today. Sure it's graphically and audibly dated but it still hold up well (especially the latest version of the 1965 mod - very beautifully put together), and it features the best lineup of 1960s era F1 cars of any sim available today.

I've been playing GPL since it was first released and still use it even today. Again, the newest 1965 mod is an absolute jewel.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 327 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 218 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%