Hi.

Are you starting the game from GEM+ ?.
if so it sounds like you may be running the wrong in game video drivers.

On the 1st screen of GEM look for the rasterizers tab...

If your running 3d ver2 change it to OpelGL version 2, or vice-versa.

Hopefully might help.

But a GPL guru will let you know, and me if I'm wrong... lol.
I don't think I start the game from GEM+, plus I don't know how to configure the video settings for gpl without going into the game. I tried compatibility mode, and dgvoodoo which is known to fix windows 9x games the wont run or start on modern versions of Windows but I had no luck

Unless someone can explain it to you here, and plenty of people can help.

Best is to wait srmz to come back.

Don't make too many changes in the meantime. But a reinstall is now easy.
I'm guessing the video you watched is the excellent one by GPLaps.

In the meantime take a look at..
www.gplworld.de

Their is a way to set the version of the rasterizers in a .ini file

Think it might be core.ini

But I'm not at my computer and I trying my best to remember.

But good luck and don't give up, GPL installed with the all in one installer is quite an eye opener. Very, very impressive and worth the effort to get it running.

It's no easier to master than before, but crashes and accidents look marvellous.. lol.
Good luck.

Unless someone can explain it to you here, and plenty of people can help.

Best is to wait srmz to come back.

Don't make too many changes in the meantime. But a reinstall is now easy.
I'm guessing the video you watched is the excellent one by GPLaps.

In the meantime take a look at..
www.gplworld.de

Their is a way to set the version of the rasterizers in a .ini file

Think it might be core.ini

But I'm not at my computer and I trying my best to remember.

But good luck and don't give up, GPL installed with the all in one installer is quite an eye opener. Very, very impressive and worth the effort to get it running.

It's no easier to master than before, but crashes and accidents look marvellous.. lol.
Good luck.
Yeah I used the one from GPLaps, for the meantime I'll just wait for a solution of for srmz to come back. thanks for the help.

Yeah I used the one from GPLaps, for the meantime I'll just wait for a solution of for srmz to come back. thanks for the help.
I installed GEM+ and the menu doesn't flicker anymore, however when I go to setup the controls to my keyboard the game crashes. What can I do to fix this problem?

I installed GEM+ and the menu doesn't flicker anymore, however when I go to setup the controls to my keyboard the game crashes. What can I do to fix this problem?
First, start-up GEM+, click the green button to launch GPL from within. Once started, create a player, which will then walk you through setting up controls (I think missing one of these could be the problem).

Second, exit GPL and GEM+ (this allows GEM+ to create a patched file which it will run whenever you click the green - this is crucial).

Third, restart GEM+, and look for the dropdown menu next to the Rasterizer button. Try selecting OpenGLv2, then click the green to go into GPL. If it still isn't right, try another one from the list.

Hope this helps. Stick with it- it's worth it!

First, start-up GEM+, click the green button to launch GPL from within. Once started, create a player, which will then walk you through setting up controls (I think missing one of these could be the problem).

Second, exit GPL and GEM+ (this allows GEM+ to create a patched file which it will run whenever you click the green - this is crucial).

Third, restart GEM+, and look for the dropdown menu next to the Rasterizer button. Try selecting OpenGLv2, then click the green to go into GPL. If it still isn't right, try another one from the list.

Hope this helps. Stick with it- it's worth it!
Yep i downloaded GEM+ and changed opengl v2 to direct3d v2 and it worked. However I can't map my controls to my keyboard. I dont have a wheel or controller either. I heard there's a tool called GPL KeyMaster to map controls to a keyboard, however its only available on srmz which is down.

A heads-up: SRMZ is back and runnig again.
I've never ever been able to connect to to SRMZ Website,

It says it took to long or ssl doesn't match decipher,

I bought grand prix legends way back in 1998 when 1st released so have the original disc and box

I also at time bought a FFB wheel Guillemot (thrustmaster)
Which i still have but I use a T300 wheel now for sim racing on PC and console

I've tried everything to get on website where it has multiple mods

I am currently running GPL on Windows 10 with Gem and 2 or 3 Mods including the brilliant legends car 18 mod.
And GPL runs flawlessly using my T300 or when I feel lazy xbox 360 controller lol

But as I say I've tried everything to connect to the track database Web SRMZ on my pc to my android phone,
It did let me connect via my ipad but next day and since not been able to connect.

I am from UK so I am thinking it has to be the issue because I've tried everything over last couple of years and more recently to connect without any success.

By the way I am getting Old in the 90s when USB connections was 1st used ,
It was called PLUG AND PLAY

For some reason it still makes me laugh (Plug and PLAY using a THRUSTMASTER)

Just sounds rude lol.

Last edited:
I've never ever been able to connect to to SRMZ Website,
SRMZ has been down for about 10 days. Before that it was working ok.
If it ever comes back probably you'll need a vpn to enter it, sounds like for some reason you are blocked from reaching it (using Opera with it's built in free vpn might help).
For now you can find some of the mods and almost all of the tracks at gpladdons.the-fastlane.co.uk

Last edited:
Hello all, I've really got the bug for some historical racing ala Grand Prix Legends, is there a mod for any of the sim racers out there that has historical racing, it will have to be in one of the sims that supports VR as I only race in VR.
Thought I'd ask, I know that r factor have a few cars and tracks as does automoblista 2 and PC2 but is there a complete mod that has a full season/game ?
GPL AC MOD...

Nice to see some Young Chaps still running GPL !
Bought it new in 1998, my computer could barely run iit.
Still at it in Windows 10, CSL DD wheel, Simforge pedals,
VLN shifter on a Samsung Plasma TV. Can only run 3D in upconversion mode,
since Nvidia discontinued their support for 3D.
Fanatec CSL DD I run in compatibility mode.
Did someone manage it in PC Mode, with more recent drivers & Fanalab ?
Thanks
Ivan

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back