good and bad weather

Misc good and bad weather 3.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 197115

Looks gorgeous, can't wait for 3.3.
Is there any way to match brightness of Virtual Mirror with the rest of the scene, it's way too dark as if running in Night mode to prevent headlights glare.
And btw, the overall scene brightness issue I reported earlier was my fault, somehow I was using some early morning hours, when it's supposed to be quite dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter Boese updated good and bad weather with a new update entry:

Autumn

N0EzDTy.jpg

CHANGELOG of VERSION 3.3

### Weather ###

- new 105_gbW_3_Autumn - dark and thick clouds, sunny weather, cool colors and reddish sunset

- reworked 107_gbW_heavy_clouds dark - really big dark clouds, but blue sky for better contrast

- renamed 105_gbW_hot to 105_gbW_2_Summer / 105 is now the section for seasonal weather

!!! Before installing - please remove prior version completely !!!...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Deleted member 197115

Is there any way to adjust Virtual Mirror brightness to match the physical and the rest of the scene?

[HELP]
Really awesome add to assetto but, I find it too bright, specially with the "ideal conditions". Anything wrong with my screeshot?
Thanks

Attachments

• acs 2017-10-18 19-16-31-77.jpg
    acs 2017-10-18 19-16-31-77.jpg
    771.9 KB · Views: 206
[HELP]
Really awesome add to assetto but, I find it too bright, specially with the "ideal conditions". Anything wrong with my screeshot?
Thanks
1. Looks nice on MY screen :roflmao::thumbsup: Yeah, that doesn't help, right?

2. Press page down/up on your keyboard to alter the exposure :)

If that's not enough (is has some "working range"), you need to change a few lines in your pp-filter. I'm not sure which ones so maybe another one can answer you when Point 2. doesn't work :)

1. Looks nice on MY screen :roflmao::thumbsup: Yeah, that doesn't help, right?

2. Press page down/up on your keyboard to alter the exposure :)

If that's not enough (is has some "working range"), you need to change a few lines in your pp-filter. I'm not sure which ones so maybe another one can answer you when Point 2. doesn't work :)
The exposure button didn't help :)

with "ideal conditions" it should look like this:
wJD0j87.jpg

reshade is activated on this screenshot...

So yes, yours is to bright!

Do you installed the complete pack?
Everything is to bright, when "__gbW" filter is used with the vanilla weathers.

Is there any way to adjust Virtual Mirror brightness to match the physical and the rest of the scene?
Sadly there is no AC-way right now to do this. But it would/should be possible to write a little reshade-shader wich corrects the brightness of this special part of the screen... If i found the time and if you really want this - maybe i will see what i could do...

Last edited:
Thanks man.
May be we can nicely ask Kunos again if this is possible instead of doing ugly hack.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...arview-mirror-brightness-is-controlled.42586/

So if you want it - here is a shader for reshade, which will correct the virtual mirror to compensate gbW tonmapping. It automatically detects if the mirror is actually shown on the screen, so no correction when displaying TV and other cams.

WEBS2AT.jpg

I don't use the virtual mirror before, because of the dark bug, but now it looks just right.
Everybody feel free to edit the parameters...

### Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/86039qgryniaa5k/gbW_virtual_mirror_fix.zip?dl=0

Just put the shader in the /reshade-shaders/Shader path and add this lines to gbW_reshade.ini or to your custom reshade.ini:
[gbW_virtual_mirror_fix.fx]
FIX_OFFSET_X=0.366650
ADJ__GAMMA=0.920000
DEBUG=0.000000
FIX_WIDTH=0.266500
ADJ__SATURATION=-0.160000
FIX_HEIGHT=0.118500
FIX_OFFSET_Y=0.059000
ADJ__EXPOSURE=0.680000

For now it works pretty good with just some situations where the code does not find out correctly if the mirror is shown or not. But with a view where the mirror is usually placed on the sky, it works just fine...

I will integrate it in the next version!

So if you want it - here is a shader for reshade, which will correct the virtual mirror to compensate gbW tonmapping. It automatically detects if the mirror is actually shown on the screen, so no correction when displaying TV and other cams.

WEBS2AT.jpg

I don't use the virtual mirror before, because of the dark bug, but now it looks just right.
Everybody feel free to edit the parameters...

### Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/86039qgryniaa5k/gbW_virtual_mirror_fix.zip?dl=0

Just put the shader in the /reshade-shaders/Shader path and add this lines to gbW_reshade.ini or to your custom reshade.ini:
[gbW_virtual_mirror_fix.fx]
FIX_OFFSET_X=0.366650
ADJ__GAMMA=0.920000
DEBUG=0.000000
FIX_WIDTH=0.266500
ADJ__SATURATION=-0.160000
FIX_HEIGHT=0.118500
FIX_OFFSET_Y=0.059000
ADJ__EXPOSURE=0.680000

For now it works pretty good with just some situations where the code does not find out correctly if the mirror is shown or not. But with a view where the mirror is usually placed on the sky, it works just fine...

I will integrate it in the next version!

Please Peter do not forget your vanilla pack too for a general update!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back