good and bad weather

Misc good and bad weather 3.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
How can i just use the clouds? Last time i tried some tracks looked ridiculously bright, not sure what was causing that. I also dont use PP btw.

EDIT : I think i figured it out, 107_gbW_heavy_clouds dark looks amazing :)

Last edited:
z33qZOJ.jpg

I just want to install the clouds, every time i try use this mod some day settings make it super bright.
I just installed the weather and textures, how can i lower the brightness?

z33qZOJ.jpg

I just want to install the clouds, every time i try use this mod some day settings make it super bright.
I just installed the weather and textures, how can i lower the brightness?
if you don't use PP, you can try to lower the HDR_OFF_MULT value in the colorcurves.ini.
I thought i did this for every weather, but myabe there is some missing that. Try to start with a value like HDR_OFF_MULT=0.45

Any tips on minimizing the performance impact for VR? Even a few fps could force me to reduce the supersampling, which is very important for immersion.

Use a certain filter? Shrink the cloud files?

Use this version instead.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/good-and-bad-weather-suite.19484/
Read the review from Blackcelica for that version.

Thank you!!! I'm pretty sure your review is where I heard that idea. I have read comments also about using the Natural Graphics filter. Do you know if using that filter with this mod would be correct and optimal? I don't even understand PP filters, so I just want to understand this before I start mucking around with them. There is something on page 16 of this thread about bypassing Reshade. I'm assuming that is advisable... but not sure if it is enabled by default.

Oh yeah... I have no idea how to save the cloud textures with DXT5 Interpolated Alpha.

Edit: Ah ok, it was from gamer19's review that I read about doing that, and he says it can be done using paint.net.

Last edited:
Thank you!!! I'm pretty sure your review is where I heard that idea. I have read comments also about using the Natural Graphics filter. Do you know if using that filter with this mod would be correct and optimal? I don't even understand PP filters, so I just want to understand this before I start mucking around with them. There is something on page 16 of this thread about bypassing Reshade. I'm assuming that is advisable... but not sure if it is enabled by default.

Oh yeah... I have no idea how to save the cloud textures with DXT5 Interpolated Alpha.

Edit: Ah ok, it was from gamer19's review that I read about doing that, and he says it can be done using paint.net.
Yes, paint.net is what I used and probably the easiest one to do the job. As for PPFilters I use my own created one.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/blackcelicas-pp-filter-the-ultra-project.16412/
and I would definitely ditch the reshade as it chomps FPS, however I use it myself but only for a bit extra sharpening, nothing more. Too many effects cost too much.

Yes, paint.net is what I used and probably the easiest one to do the job. As for PPFilters I use my own created one.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/blackcelicas-pp-filter-the-ultra-project.16412/
and I would definitely ditch the reshade as it chomps FPS, however I use it myself but only for a bit extra sharpening, nothing more. Too many effects cost too much.
Thanks, will try this with _gbw Suite. For VR, does this still need to be renamed to default.ini? Thanks.

I guess I'm slow... Does this mod actually show rain on the windshield, and show wet race tracks? Or is it just "wet" spray particles coming off the tires? It does make the sky look great, just looking for actual rain falling.

Thanks,

I guess I'm slow... Does this mod actually show rain on the windshield, and show wet race tracks? Or is it just "wet" spray particles coming off the tires? It does make the sky look great, just looking for actual rain falling.

Thanks,
To have rain on the windshield and Wet track surfaces, you need other mods too. With a combination of the Shader patch mod, the wet mod and gbwSuite you got a very decent rain experience. In the manual of gbwSuite is an instruction to get everything running.

Peter Boese submitted a new resource:

good and bad weathers - custom weather

Read more about this resource...
Sorry for being thick but i am new to the AC SIM. Used content manager to install the 3.3 download and it appears to have installed OK. I can choose _gbW and _gbW AE but i cannot get any rain visuals.

Appears to load OK a shift+F10 option appears but have no idea on what to do and fear of breaking it.

Can you help or point me in the right direction. Thanks
In case it makes any difference i was trying to race the Honda lawnmower at Monaco GP (2017).

Thanks again.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing