good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
This is all pretty incredible. The main thing that impresses me is the way the clouds look more natural now, the sky looks like a real 3d space with depth. Is that placebo? In any case I really can't wait.. I see 0.8 @Peter Boese is that mean we're close to release?

Unreal.
What achievement this is Peter and Ilja.

The date is real!

I can't even imagine how sick night will be with stars.
Here are some pictures of a night with stars. Ilja was able to integrate the starmap provided by NASA. So you can then take AC also as an astronomic tool.

4iQDQWc.jpg

3doEG4m.jpg

With Sol you will see the milkyway when there is way less light pollusion.
paTLPxP.jpg

This is all pretty incredible. The main thing that impresses me is the way the clouds look more natural now, the sky looks like a real 3d space with depth. Is that placebo? In any case I really can't wait.. I see 0.8 @Peter Boese is that mean we're close to release?
Its no placebo! The sky in vanilla AC just looks like a dome, because the clouds are randomly placed with no limitation. So you got a feel like sitting in a big bubble. With the GBW stuff I tried to force that randomness in a bit better positioning with moderate success. I also talked to kunos to fix that in a very easy way, bad sadly they were already to deep in ACC business.

And then Ilja done his magic and now we have a weather system where you can place every single cloud on a decent position in 3d coords. So actually i also could integrate the earth's curvature - which has not that great effect what i was thinking, but the most important part with this is we are now away from the dome.
The second part of that 3d space effects is: The clouds now have normal maps.
And the third part is the new sky shader. It has a much more realistic colorgradient.

There are some nice clips on YouTube from Indonesia and from an Ozzy Osborn gig while a total eclipse and there the light level is like late twilight..

That sounds about right... the camera makes it look a bit lighter than it is in that photo, you can sorta tell by the lit sign and hotel lights. I'd say mid- to late-twilight is fairly accurate. (Just not totally dark like the video above.)

• Deleted member 197115

What's next, Aurora Borealis? :)
Meteor shower at night.
Lightning, I think NetkatPro had one.

Hi, I am quite new to Assetto Corsa in general. I was wondering how I would begin to use this mod, for instance, what would I do to set up some rain effects?

Here are the programmes and mods you'll need to drive in the "rain" in Assetto Corsa:

Content Manager 0.8.1869.35097 (x86) by Ilja Jusupov:
https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html
(Activate "ACC Ext Rain" in Content Manager - Settings - Assetto Corsa - Apps, so you can choose the intensity of raindrops and the velocity of the wipers without installing further programmes.)

Shaders Patch v0.1.24 or some more recent preview builds by Ilja Jusupov and others:
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=12Y2QKNUUeFwIsyG9GYcNiJcaqEcZl4ir

Good and Bad Weather Suite 2.5.2:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/good-and-bad-weather-suite.19484/

Assetto Corsa Wet Mod 2.0 by Alberto Fracasso:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-wet-mod-by-a-fracasso.22468/

The best thing you can do is to download Peter Boese's good and bad Weather Suite 2.5.2 and to read his extraordinarily written manual carefully.

The result will be this (and better because the video is already two months old):

@Peter Boese
I have a small issue with the sun, while using gbwsuite or gbwreshade PP filters. All other filters don't show it.

comp-GB-all.png

Left is with gbw, right is from te others.
Weather is Thunderstrom light-dynamic but it shows in other weathers too.

I thought it had to do with the triples, so I reinstalled the 'fix' but then it is worse:

triple-fix.png

Any ideas please ?

PS: this is winter mod for Brands, but (thinking that might have caused it) it is also on other tracks.

@Peter Boese
I have a small issue with the sun, while using gbwsuite or gbwreshade PP filters. All other filters don't show it.

comp-GB-all.png

Left is with gbw, right is from te others.
Weather is Thunderstrom light-dynamic but it shows in other weathers too.

I thought it had to do with the triples, so I reinstalled the 'fix' but then it is worse:

triple-fix.png

Any ideas please ?

PS: this is winter mod for Brands, but (thinking that might have caused it) it is also on other tracks.
Please change in gbwSuite_config.lua:
ppfilter__modify_godrays = true
to
ppfilter__modify_godrays = false

This will help.

Its no placebo! The sky in vanilla AC just looks like a dome, because the clouds are randomly placed with no limitation. So you got a feel like sitting in a big bubble. With the GBW stuff I tried to force that randomness in a bit better positioning with moderate success. I also talked to kunos to fix that in a very easy way, bad sadly they were already to deep in ACC business.

And then Ilja done his magic and now we have a weather system where you can place every single cloud on a decent position in 3d coords. So actually i also could integrate the earth's curvature - which has not that great effect what i was thinking, but the most important part with this is we are now away from the dome.
The second part of that 3d space effects is: The clouds now have normal maps.
And the third part is the new sky shader. It has a much more realistic colorgradient.
I think Kunos should consider your work as an update 1.17... they should pay you and let everyone on earth that play Assetto Corsa got your sol/weather system. That things should be part of the base game. I mean who play whitout GBW anyway? If SOL is better ...

I think Kunos should consider your work as an update 1.17... they should pay you and let everyone on earth that play Assetto Corsa got your sol/weather system. That things should be part of the base game. I mean who play whitout GBW anyway? If SOL is better ...
There is a reason why some of us speak of AC2 when using CM, Shaders Patch, gbW Suite and the Wet Mod. :)
I totally agree with you.
These modders are pushing Assetto Corsa beyond everything which has been expected. It's a new game.
SOL will be AC3 for me because of the new weather dynamics. I'm especially looking forward to the foggy parts of a track - like in PC2.

There is a reason why some of us speak of AC2 when using CM, Shaders Patch, gbW Suite and the Wet Mod. :)
I totally agree with you.
These modders are pushing Assetto Corsa beyond everything which has been expected. It's a new game.
SOL will be AC3 for me because of the new weather dynamics. I'm especially looking forward to the foggy parts of a track - like in PC2.
Yeah, especially on Nords the dynamic weather conditions will bring it to a new level of realism. Yummy.
Maybe Ilja might even manage to implement a wet driving line like ACC does. I believe he can do anything at this point.

Yeah, especially on Nords the dynamic weather conditions will bring it to a new level of realism. Yummy.
Maybe Ilja might even manage to implement a wet driving line like ACC does. I believe he can do anything at this point.
Thoses guys are very impressive! Imagine what they can do at a paid full time job !

Maybe less due to some limits which might be given to them ? ... As they are now, they are their own boss. ;) ... What best ( except money for sure ) to be his own boss ! :D
Who knows ... maybe in the future we will meet them in a well known dev team. :thumbsup:

Please change in gbwSuite_config.lua:
ppfilter__modify_godrays = true
to
ppfilter__modify_godrays = false

This will help.

Thanks.
Sadly it didn't work. There wa s no visible change (same conditions, same track).
Also CM showed an error:

Can't run weather script
attempt to call a nil value
Exception at_gbwSuite_base_weather/__gbw_Dyn_Sunny-Foggy/
colorCurves.lua(17,19-25):attempt to call a nil value

Maybe I need to reinstall G&B ?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%