good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Also just a little preview about weather selection:
There are 3 modes in the first release.
1. Weather type, and parameters like temperature are taken from CM (real weather or menu parameter)
2. Sequence of changing weather in game. Editable in a lua-file. Weather type, change times and parameters are definable in weather slots.
3. Custom weather. A single weather can be built from special parameter. This is forced over previous settings. Very usable for Screenshot sessions.
Mode 2 and 3 can be edited live, while AC is running..
There are no words or emoticons to show my gratitude and deep respect for your work. It's simply amazing what you (and others as well) have achieved. Thank you so much!
I'm very unpatiently looking forward to SOL's release. :)

Hello Peter,
May we understand ( as I'm guessing the possibility between the lines :sneaky: ) that not only the weather might be changing ... but also temperatures and .... grip ? as a change in weather ( sunny - rainy or day-night ) also means ... grip differences ?
In the same run, I mean. ;)

Only a guess or a future real feature ?

NB: I hesitated for a while already to say it as it might be badly understood ... but that's not the meaning !:
Why the name SOL .....?
For "O SOLe mio" ? .... :whistling: ..... ( please don't consider this as the other well known US version ! :roflmao::roflmao: )

Hello Peter,
May we understand ( as I'm guessing the possibility between the lines :sneaky: ) that not only the weather might be changing ... but also temperatures and .... grip ? as a change in weather ( sunny - rainy or day-night ) also means ... grip differences ?
In the same run, I mean. ;)

Only a guess or a future real feature ?

NB: I hesitated for a while already to say it as it might be badly understood ... but that's not the meaning !:
Why the name SOL .....?
For "O SOLe mio" ? .... :whistling: ..... ( please don't consider this as the other well known US version ! :roflmao::roflmao: )
Yes. there are many parameter for a weatherslot -like temperature, wind, later grip. Everything is changing with the next weather.

Sol stands for Sun / is the god of sun in many mythologies. Every thing on earth belongs to the sun - now with weatherFX and Sol, also every thing will change with the sun. And i wanted to make a clean cut with the gbw stuff.

• Deleted member 197115

SOL :laugh:

Looking forward to the release. Thanks for all your hard work Peter, Ilya, and others who are helping. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter Boese submitted a new resource:

good and bad weather SUITE - a complex weather system with HD-Clouds for the best immersion in AC

Read more about this resource...

sensational mod as per usual for you sir. I have a question though. I've installed the suite plus the wet mod and dynamic lights mod that you linked in the readme file. At night time my fps absolutely plummets with a full grid to about 30fps. I have a very powerful PC and wasn't expecting this kind of frame tank even though I play totally maxed out at 1440p. During day time my fps is locked at 144fps with everything setting maxed on a full grid, yet the night time performance is terrible. Is that the norm?

sensational mod as per usual for you sir. I have a question though. I've installed the suite plus the wet mod and dynamic lights mod that you linked in the readme file. At night time my fps absolutely plummets with a full grid to about 30fps. I have a very powerful PC and wasn't expecting this kind of frame tank even though I play totally maxed out at 1440p. During day time my fps is locked at 144fps with everything setting maxed on a full grid, yet the night time performance is terrible. Is that the norm?
No. Absolutely not. Did you use the last Shader patch preview? You can try to use older versions. As I read some people have problems since preview 23. So preview 22 is worth a try.

Also, are you using the CPU and GPU optimisations in CM? They made a big difference to my frame rates at night. I'm running a 2080ti and 8700k but had framerate issues at night, but they really help.

No. Absolutely not. Did you use the last Shader patch preview? You can try to use older versions. As I read some people have problems since preview 23. So preview 22 is worth a try.

Hi there Peter.

I installed these mods/patches.
Assetto Corsa Wet Mod by Alberto Fracasso
Shaders Patch - Dynamic Lights by x4fab (installed version v0.1.24 which is the latest, and installed via CM)

Now I know that's not normal performance, I'll dig a little deeper.

Also, quick edit. Here is what's showing inside my content manager mods section. Is there a conflict of mods here that's possibly causing the poor fps at night?

46356040862_04ec260edd_o.png

Thank you for replying.

Also, are you using the CPU and GPU optimisations in CM? They made a big difference to my frame rates at night. I'm running a 2080ti and 8700k but had framerate issues at night, but they really help.

I'm not entirely sure, if Content Manager doesn't enable them as default then possibly not. I'll check later, where would I find them?

I've a very similar rig as yours. :)

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Is this only on 1 track or with multiple tracks? can you post your "drive" screen. also it could be some car is causing this.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.