good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content

Peter Boese

Premium
Peter Boese submitted a new resource:

good and bad weather SUITE - a complex weather system with HD-Clouds for the best immersion in AC

PMpDO8N.jpg

gbwSuite is a complex weather package and it
is the best solution to have realistic weather surroundings in Assetto Corsa.

If you think, this is worth a donation. I would be glad....

Read more about this resource...

the easiest way is to delete gbW 3.3.

It could exist beside it, but than it would be better to set the "use as" tag of all gbW 3.3 weather to "none". I described it in the manual. For easy weather selection of the gbwSuite weather i'm using the "use as" tag. So other non Suite weather will also be selected...
sSX2MEJ.jpg

Last edited:
Sure, everything can be installed with JSGME. Just make a folder inside the mod folder and copy the content and the system folder in the pack to this location. Then you can activate it, this is the same like copying it manually to AC main folder...

But for correct installation, please read the manual!

Greetings @Peter Boese,

This suite feels and looks solid, interesting and as always beautiful.
But it's probably a little "sad"? That all previous work, which was done for various weather scenarious in GWB 3.3 and all those scenarious - things to "delete" since now.
It seems, that you think all those new functions relative time zones giving much more and that this suite cover all scenarious, which were in GWB3.3 - is it so? Can you write little more about?

Is default weather replacement equal to "GWB Vanilla"?

Whatever, Thanks Man.. - this is one of most impressive visual upgrades for Assetto Corsa.

Best regards

Greetings @Peter Boese,

This suite feels and looks solid, interesting and as always beautiful.
But it's probably a little "sad"? That all previous work, which was done for various weather scenarious in GWB 3.3 and all those scenarious - things to "delete" since now.
It seems, that you think all those new functions relative time zones giving much more and that this suite cover all scenarious, which were in GWB3.3 - is it so? Can you write little more about?

Is default weather replacement equal to "GWB Vanilla"?

Whatever, Thanks Man.. - this is one of most impressive visual upgrades for Assetto Corsa.

Best regards
gbwSuite 1.0 is just the start of a better version of gbW. I will expand it over the next updates with most of the weather types.

The main reason to do gbwSuite is, to focus on main things:
- more realistic weather
- better and easier selection of many weather variants
- better and more immersive surroundings

All knowledgement of gbW 3.3 is in gbwSuite:
"light thunderstorm" is almost "about to rain"
"thunderstorm" is almost "calm before storm"
and so on.

gbW 3.3 has over 50 weather, which are all great, but to use time dependend weather is the next step in realistic weather surroundings. I have more possibilities to get the exact feeling of a weather.
So i just can combine some weather of gbW 3.3 to 1 weather of gbwSuite.

SO:
More quality, better and easier using and more immersion.

This made this break necessary and you will see, its way better than everything before...

The default weathers are the same like in gbW 3.3 or vanilla set "unpredictable", but with much better textures....

I guess that the mod has been improved and now there are 4 types for each one, so it will select the good one accordingly with the day time you've set.
So i think we should remove previous files.
I'm wondering if this works if you choose the weather in the GBW list instead of "By types".

gbwSuite is more like a conversion of gbW 3.3 to a higher level of quality. So gbW will not be continued.
The main difference to gbW is, with gbwSuite i'm able to compansate time-fix values of AC, like fog and cloud settings. This was the main frustrating part of doing weather for AC.

If you want to use the weather of gbW 3.3 and you also want to benefit from the easy way of selecting the weather of gbwSuite, than you have to set all gbW 3.3 weather "1xx_gbW_" to "none" in the "use as" tag in CM.
sSX2MEJ.jpg

In the next updates i will expand the weather types, so sometimes gbwSuite will have all the weather of gbW 3.3, but with much better quality...

Just look in the manual and just try out gbwSuite and you will see what i'm talking about.

I have been thrilled with your GBW Mod, so if this is the successor to GBW I now have the confidence this is the way for me to go. I appreciate all the time and hard work you put into these applications to make Assetto Corsa even more outstanding than it already was. :)

The next updates will have the nice weather, like "scattered clouds", "hot" and "few clouds". I'm in the production of the textures for them. The goal is more realism...

I have been thrilled with your GBW Mod, so if this is the successor to GBW I now have the confidence this is the way for me to go. I appreciate all the time and hard work you put into these applications to make Assetto Corsa even more outstanding than it already was. :)
Thanks! Maybe i should just say what it really is to me:
GBW was always nice new weather with every update, but that resulted in a high fragmentation of the whole mod. I didn't want to continue that. I wanted a clean start, with a solid structure and much more quality....

Hi Peter,

First, congratulations for this mod as usual very very nice work :thumbsup:
Just one question about reshade from the gbW Mod ; do we need it anymore for the gbW Suite ?
No, i designed it to not need Reshade and to give people a possibility to do another postprocessing.
I personaly prefere the MagicBloom effect, but its not necessary...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back