good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
hi there
is there a way to use gbw weather on the server side ?

edit: i'm an idiot
upload_2018-12-3_17-8-54.png

i just didn't install them on the server machine XD

Hi Peter and thanks for all the work you've put in this superb upgrade to AC. I have a question: is the sun's position calculated according to track location and time of year? For example if I choose to race at noon and go to a european track, the sun will show up really, really low in the sky. If say I go to Bathurst, it will be high up, where it should be. Either this or something else has gone awry with my install. :)

Thank you!

Hi Peter and thanks for all the work you've put in this superb upgrade to AC. I have a question: is the sun's position calculated according to track location and time of year? For example if I choose to race at noon and go to a european track, the sun will show up really, really low in the sky. If say I go to Bathurst, it will be high up, where it should be. Either this or something else has gone awry with my install. :)

Thank you!
This is already in gbwSuite! Select the date and time in CM and you will see the sun is on its correct position. With the new weatherFX Shader and Sol also the moon and the whole star map have their right positions. You can even choose the location and date of a
solar eclipse and you will see it...

Hello Peter, I just did some testing. CM time is set to noon and the first 2 shots are taken right after loading the game (notice the shadows). After entering replay mode and clicking once either on the left or right arrow of the Azimuth (photo mode), the sun just moves to where it should be at noon - right above (shadows). If I join AC through its own launcher, the sun is located like in the last 2 shots.

Any clues to why this happens only through CM.. ?

Thank you.

EDIT: noticed this happens irregardles of GBW, so it must be a CM issue..
If anyone's encountered the same issue and knows a cure, it would be much appreciated. In the meantime I'll ask around the CM forums too.

Thanks.

Screenshot_lotus_49_ks_nordschleife_4-12-118-19-33-6.jpg

Screenshot_lotus_49_ks_nordschleife_4-12-118-19-35-42.jpg

Screenshot_lotus_49_ks_nordschleife_4-12-118-19-33-16.jpg

Screenshot_lotus_49_ks_nordschleife_4-12-118-19-35-56.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Peter, I just did some testing. CM time is set to noon and the first 2 shots are taken right after loading the game (notice the shadows). After entering replay mode and clicking once either on the left or right arrow of the Azimuth (photo mode), the sun just moves to where it should be at noon - right above (shadows). If I join AC through its own launcher, the sun is located like in the last 2 shots.

Any clues to why this happens only through CM.. ?

Thank you.

EDIT: noticed this happens irregardles of GBW, so it must be a CM issue..
If anyone's encountered the same issue and knows a cure, it would be much appreciated. In the meantime I'll ask around the CM forums too.

Thanks.

View attachment 280473

View attachment 280474

View attachment 280475
View attachment 280476
Like i said. It depends on the selected date. Just notice that the sun path the standard AC is using is just a fixed one. Only with CM and gbwSuite you get the reallife sunpath, with !!!! corrected heading !!!! That means that also a lot of tracks are wrong oriented. Sure over the years there is a habituation in wrong things. If you will have some look at:
https://www.sunearthtools.com/dp/tools/pos_sun.php
There you can choose the date and the location and just look where the sun should be at which angle - and then you will see its absolutely right when using CM + gbwSuite.

Sure there are more tracks to be corrected. If you find some, please tell me.

hey, just wondering, is there anything modders have to do/add on their tracks to work properly with this new weather fx? like Lat and Long at least, or will it work just with the city and country?
Its always the best way to give the correct coords. The major thing has to be changed are the conditions of the Track light configs. They have to use sunangle instead of time.

Date is unselected in CM, Peter. "Specific date" is unticked. Wondering how different launchers position the sun differently at the same time, at the same track. Here time is set at 8AM for both launchers:

This is CM:
Screenshot_lotus_49_ks_nordschleife_4-12-118-20-6-18.jpg

And this is through AC:
Screenshot_lotus_49_ks_nordschleife_4-12-118-20-7-34.jpg

Date is unselected in CM, Peter. "Specific date" is unticked. Wondering how different launchers position the sun differently at the same time, at the same track. Here time is set at 8AM for both launchers:

This is CM:
View attachment 280496

And this is through AC:
View attachment 280497
This has nothing todo with different launchers. CM is a "launcher" which brings many many more features to use the AC engine. So due to the scripting CM provides, it was possible to realize the real sunpath for every date and every location on earth. This is a gbwSuite feature. The normal or standard sunpath is fixed and is set in the lighting.ini of the track.

This has nothing todo with different launchers. CM is a "launcher" which brings many many more features to use the AC engine. So due to the scripting CM provides, it was possible to realize the real sunpath for every date and every location on earth. This is a gbwSuite feature. The normal or standard sunpath is fixed and is set in the lighting.ini of the track.
then it has to do with different launchers indeed!
You can only get that sun position through CM and GBWSuite.
It's not a problem but a feature though.

Hi there. With OpenVR, Assetto automatically overides any PP filter and uses the default filter. DO you know if there ius any way to stop this, and have CM use the weather specific PP filters u include? Many thanks

Hi there. With OpenVR, Assetto automatically overides any PP filter and uses the default filter. DO you know if there ius any way to stop this, and have CM use the weather specific PP filters u include? Many thanks
The default filter is then the specific one. It is also created like the __cm_weather.ini filter.

The default filter is then the specific one. It is also created like the __cm_weather.ini filter.
Ah, ok. Sorry I thought each weather had it's own PP filter that was used instead of the one in system>cfg>ppfilters.

In content>weather>0_gbw_dyd etc there is a 'filter-ini' I assumed that was used if you had 'use custom weather filter' checked in CM.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.3%