good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ah, ok. Sorry I thought each weather had it's own PP filter that was used instead of the one in system>cfg>ppfilters.

In content>weather>0_gbw_dyd etc there is a 'filter-ini' I assumed that was used if you had 'use custom weather filter' checked in CM.
Yes. Every weather has its own filter changes. which will be written to the filter.ini. And when CM is using this weather it will generate a __cm_weather.ini and it will also backup the existing default.ini and generate a new default.ini out of the filter.ini, because AC is only using the default.ini for VR. So the __cm_weather.ini and the default.ini are identically for the moment AC is running.
Sure this only works when:
- "Override default PP filter in Oculus Rift mode"
and
- "Use custom weather's PP filter"
is set in settings->content manager->drive

Yes. Every weather has its own filter changes. which will be written to the filter.ini. And when CM is using this weather it will generate a __cm_weather.ini and it will also backup the existing default.ini and generate a new default.ini out of the filter.ini, because AC is only using the default.ini for VR. So the __cm_weather.ini and the default.ini are identically for the moment AC is running.
Sure this only works when:
- "Override default PP filter in Oculus Rift mode"
and
- "Use custom weather's PP filter"
is set in settings->content manager->drive

Ah, thanks for your help. I was making changes to that filter.ini to test it was working (reducing saturation) and it was having no effect - I haven’t got ‘over ride oculus pp filter’ checked!

Thanks again, I’ll try it now.

Ah, thanks for your help. I was making changes to that filter.ini to test it was working (reducing saturation) and it was having no effect - I haven’t got ‘over ride oculus pp filter’ checked!

Thanks again, I’ll try it now.
It will never have effect if you edit the filter.ini of a dynamic24h weather of gbwSuite - it is dynamically created and it will be overwritten everytime you start a race with this weather.

So if you want to test it: Just change the blacklevel__compensation in the gbwSuite_config.lua.
If you set it to something like 50, you must see a very gray picture.

It will never have effect if you edit the filter.ini of a dynamic24h weather of gbwSuite - it is dynamically created and it will be overwritten everytime you start a race with this weather.

So if you want to test it: Just change the blacklevel__compensation in the gbwSuite_config.lua.
If you set it to something like 50, you must see a very gray picture.

Thanks so much for your responses Sid. The Oculus setting is whats been holding me back for months! I've been ridiculously jealous of everyone that bangs on about how game changing it is, but I've never been able to enjoy it in it's full glory because the performance as been so bad in VR - not realising that all it took was to change that Oculus setting. I've just had a 6pm Hazy lap of Feldberg in the Primera and it was one of those too few and far between moments of gaming nirvana. Up there with the first time I played International superstar soccer on the snes and Doom on the Jaguar. Can't wait for your next release. Cheers, Dan.

WIP Sol:

The weather for release 1.0 are almost finished...
wIN6UIC.jpg

eMjBXtz.jpg

xvslKJN.jpg

2DJAXD7.jpg

RzNYbly.jpg

oh it wasn't kunos version? don't tell me you don't have it!?
The kunos version is my reference when working on weather, but mitja's Spielberg version is a little bit more connected to the real track, when it comes to area geometry. Just do a comparison with kunos version and Google Street view. BTW most of the race tracks can be explored in Google Street view and then you will see significant differences to the virtual tracks.

I love the eclipse, but it gets way too dark. Here's a photo I took during totality this summer:

20YUvRF.jpg

We made the drive a couple hours north into central Nebraska to put ourselves in the path of 100% totality... this is as good as it gets. it's obviously pretty dark - this was like 1:30pm - but it's not *dark.*

I love the eclipse, but it gets way too dark. Here's a photo I took during totality this summer:

20YUvRF.jpg

We made the drive a couple hours north into central Nebraska to put ourselves in the path of 100% totality... this is as good as it gets. it's obviously pretty dark - this was like 1:30pm - but it's not *dark.*
Yeah. That videos are just shortly after implementing things. I will now fine tune darkness level and time behavior. But there are total solar eclipses where it gets really dark, but the time is much shorter. There are some nice clips on YouTube from Indonesia and from an Ozzy Osborn gig while a total eclipse and there the light level is like late twilight..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back