good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Please change in gbwSuite_config.lua:
ppfilter__modify_godrays = true
to
ppfilter__modify_godrays = false

This will help.

Peter, this did not help, so I deleted and reinstalled GBW. Same result as the pictures above.
Then changed true to false like you said. No change either.
Except that the CM error is gone now.

Last edited:
WIP Sol:

No vid today, just 3 pictures:

In the last -painful- 2 days, we made important optimizations to weatherFX and Sol. And time is ready to do benchmarks:

The first one is with the vanilla kunos graphic engine - Clear/no clouds:
zMtWluK.jpg

Second one is with activated weatherFX + Sol (no clouds/performance weather, but all features like 24h cycle, moon, stars, temperature dependent graphics are active)
oekC6i4.jpg

Third one is weatherFX + Sol, while a weather change - this is the worst case happens in Sol. A huge dataset is interpolated, all other features are still active:
jo2nuWT.jpg

The picture is much darker, because the weather changed to "heavy thunderstorm"

Last edited:
All boxes checked for extended weather, so also "Use custom weather's PP_filter".

When I uncheck the latter (disable), the phenomenon is gone !?
Am I supposed to leave this disabled then ?

Hi,
Having a little trouble getting the WET Mod to work with this. Been testing at Brands hatch and the clouds are working along with the spray behind the car but I am not seeing any standing water on the track. I copied the folder MODS into the content folder. Am I missing something?

Thanks Greame

Hi,
Having a little trouble getting the WET Mod to work with this. Been testing at Brands hatch and the clouds are working along with the spray behind the car but I am not seeing any standing water on the track. I copied the folder MODS into the content folder. Am I missing something?

Thanks Greame
Please look in the gbwSuite manual on page 18!

Did you selected the "wet" variant of the track?
When you select a track, there are now more variant named with "wet"
Hi Peter, I thought that is what you meant. No I do not appear to have the wet variant as an option. So should I just copy over just the contents of the MOD folder into the content folder or am I right by just putting the MOD folder in contents. Did that make sense :)

@Peter Boese
Hi looking forward to the release of SOL.
is there any way to work dusty and hazy into a scenario.
I like tracks like Riverside, laguna seca, sanoma,
as a race progresses the dust hangs in the air reducing visibility.
It's another type of dynamic ambiance that would be great to have.

@Peter Boese
Hi looking forward to the release of SOL.
is there any way to work dusty and hazy into a scenario.
I like tracks like Riverside, laguna seca, sanoma,
as a race progresses the dust hangs in the air reducing visibility.
It's another type of dynamic ambiance that would be great to have.
Actually with the release of Sol I will provide all 32 weather which are listed in CM. Sand and dusty are in this list. Maybe in the first release they are standard, but with the later releases they will get its very special look...

Also just a little preview about weather selection:
There are 3 modes in the first release.
1. Weather type, and parameters like temperature are taken from CM (real weather or menu parameter)
2. Sequence of changing weather in game. Editable in a lua-file. Weather type, change times and parameters are definable in weather slots.
3. Custom weather. A single weather can be built from special parameter. This is forced over previous settings. Very usable for Screenshot sessions.
Mode 2 and 3 can be edited live, while AC is running..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back