Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
WIP Sol:

some random screens of today
atmo4Wm.jpg

zLdkw4f.jpg

CjF63SU.jpg

bbAftYn.jpg

Amazing stuff. Is cloud coverage still static or can it be changed dynamically?
It's dynamic. I played with a dynamic weather change and it already works, but it needs some optimizations for dynamic texture loading. So I think it will not be part of the first release, but it will come. If controlling and customisation of this is really usable, then it will be part of Sol...

Hi,

first post here .First of all, congratulations Peter for this superb "tool" .Since the beginning i´m a big screenshot fan .
Since a while i´m chating with Kelnor34 (many of his screenshots are present on the official AC forum).
On my side i run on a single screen (1929x1080 59,99HZ) ,for the screenshots but normaly on triple screen (5760X1080) for "races".
I run a computer with a 1080TI and a I7 4770K, so i asume that i have all needed to get good graphics performance using in game all graphics setting to high and ultra.
I use also RESHADE 4.02 and all the files that comes in your __extras folder ( shaders patch and the gbwS_reshade.INI)
Etc....

Kelnor has the setting has i have .We have been trying the same place,track, time and weather and there is always a huge difference on the result (@Peter Boese you also get a perfect clear, deep result : https://i.imgur.com/R8pX1iP.jpg)

Let´s compare our last test :

He re is Kelnor:
32158779208_9ed2e402fe_c.jpg

Here mine:
lULsTi02.png

The same difference are visible on cars details etc.....
I´ve been trying everything but sure i´m missing something somewhere....
Maybe here someone will send me directly to the point i´m missing .
In advance thanks for your help.

Hi,

first post here .First of all, congratulations Peter for this superb "tool" .Since the beginning i´m a big screenshot fan .
Since a while i´m chating with Kelnor34 (many of his screenshots are present on the official AC forum).
On my side i run on a single screen (1929x1080 59,99HZ) ,for the screenshots but normaly on triple screen (5760X1080) for "races".
I run a computer with a 1080TI and a I7 4770K, so i asume that i have all needed to get good graphics performance using in game all graphics setting to high and ultra.
I use also RESHADE 4.02 and all the files that comes in your __extras folder ( shaders patch and the gbwS_reshade.INI)
Etc....

Kelnor has the setting has i have .We have been trying the same place,track, time and weather and there is always a huge difference on the result (@Peter Boese you also get a perfect clear, deep result : https://i.imgur.com/R8pX1iP.jpg)

He re is Kelnor:
View attachment 279412

Here mine:
View attachment 279414

Hi, for the first look it just seems the main "issue" is the fog distance or blend value. Does kelnor modified anything there? I don't know if fog is dependent of FOV. In kelnor's picture FOV is much smaller. The weather is "broken clouds"? So the fog seems right on your picture. .

Hi,

Etc....

He re is Kelnor:
View attachment 279412

Here mine:
View attachment 279414

Same temperature?

Hi Peter,
thanks for the support.

Yes we´ve been sharing in real time the same settings (hours, gbw cloud, ppfilter etc )
There must be more different. The ppfilter could not be the same. Kelnor has a vignette. In your picture there is no one.

Same settings in gbwSuite_config.lua?

The colors look different too.

Same settings in "drive menu". Maybe "use custom weather's ppfilter"

Reshade setting the same?

I don't know if this is question about gbW suite or for Content Manager or the Dynamic Shaders. But I'll try here anyway as the advice is always good :). Thanks, Peter :)

Since using the dynamic shaders I have nice exhaust glow and brake glow when using some weathers and not others. I get this nice glow with some mod weathers (I don't remember who made them) and not with others. I don't get this nice glow with GBW Suite and I think I don't get it with the original weathers it seems.

Any advice on this? Am I missing something?

I don't know if this is question about gbW suite or for Content Manager or the Dynamic Shaders. But I'll try here anyway as the advice is always good :). Thanks, Peter :)

Since using the dynamic shaders I have nice exhaust glow and brake glow when using some weathers and not others. I get this nice glow with some mod weathers (I don't remember who made them) and not with others. I don't get this nice glow with GBW Suite and I think I don't get it with the original weathers it seems.

Any advice on this? Am I missing something?
gbwSuite is modifying the PPFilter when 2 options are set:

If "Use custom weather's PPfilter" is activated (CM->settings->content manager->drive)
and
if "ppfilter__modify_glare = true" is set in the gbwSuite_config.lua in the gbwSuite folder.

First try to set "ppfilter__modify_glare = false". Then the Glare section is not modified.

WIP Sol

So here is the last missing important part of the new weather FX by Ilja - FOG.
The new fog shader is solving some annoying problems with AC's current fog algorithm.

First i split the term into 2 fields.
Haze = the main blue shift and dullness in the distance, which mainly characterizes a condition or weather
Fog = really dense waterfilled air

So i adapted Ilja's new shader to get the right haze with different temperatures:
0°C
BypeocD.jpg

10°C
aoKayXS.jpg

20°C
b6s5qly.jpg

30°C
nOTcj1j.jpg

40°C
W9aU6V2.jpg

And then i integrate a routine to additionally paste in fog - which will then be a modulator for the whole scene. Here is a little video, which shows a transition from nice warm to cold foggy weather -- just 2 modulators are changed, temperature and fog_density:

WIP Sol:

This is a rough comparison between Sol, "mid clear" and "few clouds" from the gbwSuite 2.5.2. While the AI is driving, i switched on/off the new weatherFX shaders, which were setted to a weather on a nice day with some clouds.
So the Sol PPFilter is used, which is trimmed for a clean picture. The weather's custom PPFilter of gbwSuite are not activated for the comparison.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 80 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 56 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.5%