good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Peter
At first many thanks for your excellent work.
I have following problem:
Time setting x60
start race 8.00 I have the yellow morning light and I see the sun rising higher and higher, but the morning yellow light doesn't change.
If I start at 5.30am and I have also set time x60 after a couple of minutes the sun doesn't come. Also the the light is not changing.
I have the newest cm version, extendend weather is all 3 markers activated.

What I also see ; If I activate the app daytime, the time (minutes since start) is running, but the daytime keep at my startingtime. In my opinion after 1 minute time should change 1 houre (time x60).
Do you have an idea whats wrong or where I can see anything?

Hi Peter
At first many thanks for your excellent work.
I have following problem:
Time setting x60
start race 8.00 I have the yellow morning light and I see the sun rising higher and higher, but the morning yellow light doesn't change.
If I start at 5.30am and I have also set time x60 after a couple of minutes the sun doesn't come. Also the the light is not changing.
I have the newest cm version, extendend weather is all 3 markers activated.

What I also see ; If I activate the app daytime, the time (minutes since start) is running, but the daytime keep at my startingtime. In my opinion after 1 minute time should change 1 houre (time x60).
Do you have an idea whats wrong or where I can see anything?
Hi,

There is no problem on your side. gbwSuite was never meant to have changes in the weather or look by time. It was the next step to have a perfect calculated weather or look per selected time. The real weather change with day and night cycle will come with the successor Sol. It will take its time, but it is on a good way...

Hi,

There is no problem on your side. gbwSuite was never meant to have changes in the weather or look by time. It was the next step to have a perfect calculated weather or look per selected time. The real weather change with day and night cycle will come with the successor Sol. It will take its time, but it is on a good way...

ok, I thought I have seen videos from driving in the night (dark) in the morning with sunrise. This is with assetto by night or/and dynamic light?

Hey everyone. I was playing normally and when I clicked to restart the session the screen locked and returned to CM main screen with the "race canceled" message. After that, I can't start anything. It loads the track and cars but all I get is the "Can't run weather script, the given key was not present in the dictionary." I didn't notice if someone had the game crashing and receiving this message after the crash. I wonder if uninstalling the game and redownloading it will solve the issue. Thank you in advance.

WIP Sol:
not perfect in any way, but dusk and dawn develop in the right direction.

mOg8jiR.jpg

WIe26W1.jpg

m3QTc2w.jpg

L1dM9Uu.jpg

aGdigzl.jpg

iQZqoAZ.jpg

BZmG9D5.jpg

All of this is amazing.

I would have a question,
I am working on a track (Jops not to mention it), and i am "fighting" with the shader and lighting.

I have seen that there is a Lightning.ini in the track folder data, and of course making change there has a big influence .
The problem I have is that I have no idea of what Numbers I should put in this file, especially together with GBWsuite of course. the track is supposed to be in switzerland.
Maybe I should ignore this file and just let GBWsuite do the job alone ??

Is GBWsuite making the job by itself ? I mean with correct sun position.
Or what would be your recommandation then to be in accordance at best with the GBWsuite dynamic weather ??

Not sure about that, but I have the feeling that after installing the last version of GBWsuite today, the Lightning is a lot lower now, with a lot more reflection effects and shadows.
It is not a problem, but is it normal in your opinion in comparison with older version 2.5?
May it be that GBWsuite take account of the track position and period of year automatically (of course we have night at about 17:15 , also the sun is pretty low very soon at the moment)

Thanks a lot, and of course for your fantastic job !!!!

Last edited:
All of this is amazing.

I would have a question,
I am working on a track (Jops not to mention it), and i am "fighting" with the shader and lighting.

I have seen that there is a Lightning.ini in the track folder data, and of course making change there has a big influence .
The problem I have is that I have no idea of what Numbers I should put in this file, especially together with GBWsuite of course. the track is supposed to be in switzerland.
Maybe I should ignore this file and just let GBWsuite do the job alone ??

Is GBWsuite making the job by itself ? I mean with correct sun position.
Or what would be your recommandation then to be in accordance at best with the GBWsuite dynamic weather ??

Not sure about that, but I have the feeling that after installing the last version of GBWsuite today, the Lightning is a lot lower now, with a lot more reflection effects and shadows.
It is not a problem, but is it normal in your opinion in comparison with older version 2.5?
May it be that GBWsuite take account of the track position and period of year automatically (of course we have night at about 17:15 , also the sun is pretty low very soon at the moment)

Thanks a lot, and of course for your fantastic job !!!!
AC has a very basic lighting system. The base is a sunpath which starts at 8:00 and ends at 18:00. The highest point the sun could reach (noon) is defined by sun_pitch_angle.
And the second parameter is sun_heading_angle. This is mainly the tracks orientation. If it is already correctly oriented to north, this parameter has to be 0.

Now with gbwSuite the sunpath is calculated and the sun_pitch_angle is obsolete. Dependent on track and date, the sunpath is correct for the given geotags. BUT! The sun_heading_angle is still important for the correct orientation angle of the track.

SO the lighting is lower, because we are drifting to the lowest sun angle (23. Dec). If you want more light -> just set another date like in summer in Content Manager. There are 3 dots on the right side of the time slider. There you can set a specific/custom date.

Fantastic !
At least i will just have to deal with the heading angle.
As my track is a fictional one initially created for gpl /Rfactor, i really don't know what the orientation is .
When do you say "north", what should be pointed in this direction ?
X , Y axis ?

Once again thanks a lot for your precious information

Fantastic !
At least i will just have to deal with the heading angle.
As my track is a fictional one initially created for gpl /Rfactor, i really don't know what the orientation is .
When do you say "north", what should be pointed in this direction ?
X , Y axis ?

Once again thanks a lot for your precious information
If its a fictional track then you can set this freely. I suggest to focus on sunset and set the sun_heading_angle to where it will look the best. Also you can focus on shadow processing. Sometimes AC generates ugly blocks of shadow artifacts, mostly with low sun. So you can search an sunangle for sunset, where this artifacts are nearly not visible.

The sun_heading_angle is important for recreations of reallife tracks. If the map is out of orientation while the making or the base map was already not aligned to north, then sun_heading_angle is the easiest way to tell AC the correct alignment. So its just an offset or correction angle for the correct orientation to fit the reallife and getting a correct sunpath.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back