good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
After this most recent update, I have some issues with the mod.
Several tracks (not all, but Road America, Road Atlanta, Bathurst, to name a few) seem to be always in the dark.
e.g.: time set at 12:00, any G&BW weather, using G&B PP filter, real conditions box not ticked results in a night race. With time around 16:00 it's more like dusk/dawn, but any other time it's black.
I asked Ilja (since it seemed to appear only when using CM), included pictures and race.ini files. He had no solution and asked if my G&BW was installed correctly.
It was, but just to be sure, I deleted all G&BW files and reinstalled. No change, bar the fact that now the same happens when using AC launcher too...
Several tracks are not affected (Albi 2006 is fine), but Adelaide (e.g.) at 12:00 looks more late afternoon.
Using some weather settings, I get really dark/black clouds, while my (in this case yellow) car looks just black too.

Another strange issue: this was yesterday (Okayama, 12:00): not completely dark like the others:
Oka-black.jpg

black interior too:
Oka-Int-Black.jpg

I have no clue what is happening. (It was a fresh AC install too after GPU upgrade to GTX 1080 TI).
When I use the original weather, there is no issue. :unsure:
Hi,

I post hotfixes on the overview page of this mod. This bug was fixed with the last hotfix:
HOTFIX 06: (9.10.2018 - 17:15)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebd1ps25ntjbljr/__gbwSuite_2_5_1_fix06.rar?dl=0

I will release a further update soon.

Hi,

I post hotfixes on the overview page of this mod. This bug was fixed with the last hotfix:
HOTFIX 06: (9.10.2018 - 17:15)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebd1ps25ntjbljr/__gbwSuite_2_5_1_fix06.rar?dl=0

I will release a further update soon.
Thanks for the help man :D
Breaking my head over this since two days now (I just tested a lot of tracks and made lists of the affected and non affected ones).
Wanted to post them to help figure the issue.
All moot now and happy about that :laugh:

Thanks again !

Oka-black.jpg

black interior too:
Oka-Int-Black.jpg

I have no clue what is happening. (It was a fresh AC install too after GPU upgrade to GTX 1080 TI).
When I use the original weather, there is no issue. :unsure:

had those black looking clouds also. installing peters hotfix 06 fixed it

Last edited:
i mean there is no any rain or wet anywhere ever
There is no real rain in AC yet. There is just some workaround. The smoke particles are used to do some rain spray. This has to work with "rain light" and "rain heavy" for all tracks. If you use the Wet Mod https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-wet-mod-by-a-fracasso.22468/, then gbwSuite is automatically using 2 particles to make spray and sparkles for all wet mod tracks.

And then there is some new shader, which produces rain drops on the windshield for the most kunos cars. You need the last shader mod https://discordapp.com/channels/453595061788344330/453615474710675537 and BLM Car https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/blm-car.159934/ to switch them on/off and switch the wipers on/off. With BLM Car you can also do some automatic stuff like random rain amount, which is very nice...

There is a tutorial in gbwSuites manual. Page 21...
Also see Page 11 for activating everything...

Strange, I had rain when it was not supposed to be raining (including raindrops on the windshield).

That was normal if the app was active and Auto Start Rain checked in CM. ;)
I had rain at Silverstone 1967 with a perfect clear sky :roflmao: ... that's how I noticed there was something needing a better setting.

That was normal if the app was active and Auto Start Rain checked in CM. ;)
I had rain at Silverstone 1967 with a perfect clear sky :roflmao: ... that's how I noticed there was something needing a better setting.
Ah, that would explain my issues. :laugh:
I changed some items to false in the .ini files, but that did not work.
Forgot to check the CM settings too... thanks, will try later. ;)

hi peter! first of all..thank you for your amazing work.now i have some strange thing..i used the last sahders light patch and when i used the filter of gbw suite..everthing its ok..buy if i want to use other PP filter..the headlights of cars they leave a trail of light, like blurry...but if i desinstall GBW suite and choose some weather and other PPfilter..works fine! its very strange..
Any idea what it could be? maybe some parameters on the folder of GBW suite maybe?.

hi peter! first of all..thank you for your amazing work.now i have some strange thing..i used the last sahders light patch and when i used the filter of gbw suite..everthing its ok..buy if i want to use other PP filter..the headlights of cars they leave a trail of light, like blurry...but if i desinstall GBW suite and choose some weather and other PPfilter..works fine! its very strange..
Any idea what it could be? maybe some parameters on the folder of GBW suite maybe?.

Got this bug as well but only on the cm_weather choosed automatically by Content Manager. Not sure what i had done to fix the problem but now everything is back to normal.

That's what I remember testing:

- I changed the weather using AssettobyNight then I played with the pp filters in game and then used gbW again.

- I unticked all three options of the Extended Weather in Content Manager (Settings > Content Manager > Drive) and restarted the app. Then I ticked them again.

It's worth a try.

Yes its fixed now. The problem was: the service which delivers the timezone does not always give the right value. Now i make a check and when the timezone differs to much to the location's longitude, then i generate a logic timezone. So now this behaviour is fixed.

Just wanted to mention, I had the opposite problem to the posts above, that when I set the time to night on some tracks with a gbw weather, it still started in the day.
The good news is as soon as I installed hotfix 06, it was fixed.

btw, is there any chance of adding stars to clear night weathers, like Assetto by night?

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Just wanted to mention, I had the opposite problem to the posts above, that when I set the time to night on some tracks with a gbw weather, it still started in the day.
The good news is as soon as I installed hotfix 06, it was fixed.

btw, is there any chance of adding stars to clear night weathers, like Assetto by night?

Cheers,
Divxmaster
You have stars when you select clear_dynamic24h with times from 21:00-23:59.

You have stars when you select clear_dynamic24h with times from 21:00-23:59.

thanks, lol I had the time set at 0100...

edit: hmmm, just tried 2240, clear dynamic24h at spa, no stars... just a wee red dot way up in the sky. It may be my setup, I've installed so many of the recent awesome mods lately. I will reinstall GBW

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Last edited:
thanks, lol I had the time set at 0100...

edit: hmmm, just tried 2240, clear dynamic24h at spa, no stars... just a wee red dot way up in the sky. It may be my setup, I've installed so many of the recent awesome mods lately. I will reinstall GBW

Cheers,
Divxmaster
Maybe you play in VR. Then there is just a moon at this time. But I will look to change this with the next update...

Got this bug as well but only on the cm_weather choosed automatically by Content Manager. Not sure what i had done to fix the problem but now everything is back to normal.

That's what I remember testing:

- I changed the weather using AssettobyNight then I played with the pp filters in game and then used gbW again.

- I unticked all three options of the Extended Weather in Content Manager (Settings > Content Manager > Drive) and restarted the app. Then I ticked them again.

It's worth a try.
thanks mumaransa! yes ..it is strange but whit some PPfilter (like the default of the game) the problem dont is present...anyway..thanks for your tips..i followed and yes..now evertingh work fine!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back