BLM Car

Apps BLM Car 1.7.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Blamer submitted a new resource:

BLM Car - shaders patch car related functions (rain, wipers, mirrors, car repositioning)

car_app_nobg3.png

Hey all,
I thought about it and I'm splitting BLM Lights into two apps:
  • BLM Lights (this one)
  • BLM Car (this new one)
I'm moving all the car related functions (the new window I introduced in BLM Lights 1.7) to this new app.

This way, those who just want to have the shaders car related functions don't have to also enable the...

Read more about this resource...

I can't get the interfaces for BLM Lights or BLM Car to appear (in VR). They aren't in the apps sidebar out on the track even though both of them are ticked in Settings.
Any ideas?
I actually have TWO BLM Lights in settings/activated apps.
I'm on the latest shader patch.

upload_2018-9-28_19-0-38.png

I can't get the interfaces for BLM Lights or BLM Car to appear (in VR). They aren't in the apps sidebar out on the track even though both of them are ticked in Settings.
Any ideas?
I actually have TWO BLM Lights in settings/activated apps.
I'm on the latest shader patch.

View attachment 271576
Hmmmm, that's really weird.
I would close cm, delete all apps from cfg/python.txt open the ac launcher and enable apps from there

Hmmmm, that's really weird.
I would close cm, delete all apps from cfg/python.txt open the ac launcher and enable apps from there
This is what's currently in there - I haven't deleted anything yet.

upload_2018-9-28_19-26-22.png

Did you mean apps/python? This is what's in there:

upload_2018-9-28_19-33-41.png

Opening the AC launcher isn't an option - it just hangs. Too many car mods, probably. :p

Last edited:
Blamer submitted a new resource:

BLM Car - shaders patch car related functions (rain, wipers, mirrors, car repositioning)

Read more about this resource...
Awesome work - downloaded and started enjoying this today. Thanks. Question - is It possible to enable a variant of the mod to work with open top cars - putting rain spray as if on a crash helmet.. that would be another level and make the open wheelers an incredible experience. keep up the great work - keeping Assetto Corsa alive ;0) its brilliant in VR, hence the call out for rain effect for open top vehicles. ***** five stars

Awesome work - downloaded and started enjoying this today. Thanks. Question - is It possible to enable a variant of the mod to work with open top cars - putting rain spray as if on a crash helmet.. that would be another level and make the open wheelers an incredible experience. keep up the great work - keeping Assetto Corsa alive ;0) its brilliant in VR, hence the call out for rain effect for open top vehicles. ***** five stars

henter and x4fab are the ones who are developing the shaders patch, should they implement such function (it has already been asked) I'm surely going to add it to the app. (and I'm so looking forward to that too, being myself a VR user too!)
Thanks for your words!

I finally found a few minutes of time to ... try rain on a wet track with your app, Blamer ... and it's a real blast one !
Superbly done and great addition of course. ! :thumbsup:

Just missing a possible wheel button command for the wipers ... but I guess it's an option that might follow maybe in a future Content Manager update ? ( mouse when driving is not real good option :roflmao: ).

I noticed that choosing the quick speed for wipers in case of random rain allowed to automatically set the right speed for them according to the rain fall.... except after a short period with no rain, where only the wipers low speed was back and needed to be accelerated manually if needed for a harder rain.
I suppose the only option for the moment is .... not allow the wipers to stop if no rain ?

Anyway great job ... it adds so much to AC ! Thanks for your work. ;)

I finally found a few minutes of time to ... try rain on a wet track with your app, Blamer ... and it's a real blast one !
Superbly done and great addition of course. ! :thumbsup:

Just missing a possible wheel button command for the wipers ... but I guess it's an option that might follow maybe in a future Content Manager update ? ( mouse when driving is not real good option :roflmao: ).

I noticed that choosing the quick speed for wipers in case of random rain allowed to automatically set the right speed for them according to the rain fall.... except after a short period with no rain, where only the wipers low speed was back and needed to be accelerated manually if needed for a harder rain.
I suppose the only option for the moment is .... not allow the wipers to stop if no rain ?

Anyway great job ... it adds so much to AC ! Thanks for your work. ;)

In next update I'm setting the wiper speed back to what it was before the 'no rain'
I'll include a wiper hotkey in case Ilja won't do it

Oh... I can't change the 'monitor' setting either. Everything else (wipers, lightning, etc) working fine with the whole BLM package. But thanks for heading me in the right direction!

EDIT: I see I need an app called "acc ext mirrors". Already have the "Shader extension mirrors". Checked the #updates-download section in the discord channel: all I can find is the Lights patch. Got the latest one, yet the acc ext mirror app doesn't show up.

Last edited:
Oh... I can't change the 'monitor' setting either. Everything else (wipers, lightning, etc) working fine with the whole BLM package. But thanks for heading me in the right direction!

EDIT: I see I need an app called "acc ext mirrors". Already have the "Shader extension mirrors". Checked the #updates-download section in the discord channel: all I can find is the Lights patch. Got the latest one, yet the acc ext mirror app doesn't show up.

you don't need AccExtMirror

I have the newest version of Shaders patch, and the most newest version of this app, but I cant get the mirrors to work, or know how they work in game. could I get help with that?

I have the newest version of Shaders patch, and the most newest version of this app, but I cant get the mirrors to work, or know how they work in game. could I get help with that?
Hey,
I don't know if you already got help form discord channel.
Have you DISABLED shaders patch before updating it?
Are you driving form within the car (is the switch to change mirror enabled)?
Have you tried with vanilla kunos cars?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years