HOTFIX 06: (9.10.2018 - 17:15)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebd1ps25ntjbljr/__gbwSuite_2_5_1_fix06.rar?dl=0
- now a logic GMT is used, when no useful location data could be found
- fixed inverse clouds or static night, when incorrect GMT
- fixed "Key not found in dictionary" when lighting.ini is missing
- wrong DST (Daylight Saving Time) value
- Feldbergring Wet Mod support
- sun position fixes for many tracks

This new logic GMT will secure a correct sunpath via the track coords, if no useful data could be found. Sunrise and sunset will differ a little bit, but the lighting of the track will be correct.
Thanks, will give it a try.
Sorry for the amount of hotfixes which belongs to a correct sun path. It seems a little bit overdone to have this in a racing simulator. But as Ilja and i are testing new graphics for AC, which are going to be absolutelly great, a correct sun path could be the goal to a near realistic reproduction of what we know from actual real racing.

This are the very first tests with new shaders for the graphics. Nothing is fixed now, but the results will be nice:
W4djyvo.jpg

AVGfxaB.jpg
I don't think it's overdone. Should be in a simulator from the start.

i noticed im getting the same issues as @Epistolarius with donington as an example Few dynamic 24hr at 1300..using gbw 2.5.1 also using the hotfixes makes no difference..will try some more track and time combos and see how many more tracks give me the same results
2iw28n9.jpg

EDIT: I missed the newer hotfix which has now rectified the issue thanks Peter

Last edited:
Sorry for the amount of hotfixes which belongs to a correct sun path. It seems a little bit overdone to have this in a racing simulator. But as Ilja and i are testing new graphics for AC, which are going to be absolutelly great, a correct sun path could be the goal to a near realistic reproduction of what we know from actual real racing.

This are the very first tests with new shaders for the graphics. Nothing is fixed now, but the results will be nice:
W4djyvo.jpg

AVGfxaB.jpg
Oh boy!
That second picture looks so unbelievably good. Just take a look at the hill on the right side - how the grass gets gradually darker towards the track. Absolutely fantastic!
I am very hyped!

gbwSuite 2.5.x will not be continued. But I will release fixes and patches if it will need some.

While the work on the new system, i decided to do a complete break with the gbw series. Because gbw was always a fixing-workaround on AC graphics. The new programming Ilja brought in will finally give this wonderful driving/racing sim a near real surrounding. Time to begin a new chapter....

60x timelapse

Last edited:
gbwSuite 2.5.x will not be continued. But I will release fixes and patches if it will need some.

While the work on the new system i decided to do a complete break with the gbw series. Because gbw was always a fixing-workaround on AC graphics. The new programming Ilja brought in will finally give this wonderful driving/racing sim a near real surrounding. Time to begin a new chapter....

60x timelapse
OMG this will be EPIC. Thanks for the sneak peak Peter.

• Deleted member 197115

Jaw dropping. Hopefully custom shaders will be optimized better as for now they are no go in VR. :(

Hi @Peter Boese CM updated a couple of times today and now i dont have any rain spray particle effects from the road surface when using GBW weathers though it was working fine earlier today before the cm updates. any ideas what could be the cause CM or GBW?..Cheers

Last edited:
Hi @Peter Boese CM updated a couple of times today and now i dont have any rain spray particle effects from the road surface when using GBW weathers though it was working fine earlier today. any ideas what could be the cause CM or GBW?..Cheers

HELP!
the app is very great ! everything is good ,but no rain ,i have followed the manual setps , no CM
Will look for it this evening..

Do you have the latest BLM Car installed ? 1.5.2 actually
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/blm-car.159934/

Please read it as this one ( and some previous ones ) introduced a new system with hotkeys for rain, rain intensity and wipers. ( Rain or no rain also )

I have the latest CM version and ... rain and wipers are working perfecly

EDIT: in CM have a look in Settings/Apps/BLM Cars ... check in the settings if "Auto start rain" is unchecked ... that might be a reason why without starting the wipers you should have no rain.

Last edited:
I think the reason for most problems is ..... too many updates too quickly.

Example: BLM Car .... 9 versions within 15 days ... Blamer is doing a perfect work, but I think that too many updates create .... confusion for many users.

We love you all, Blamer, Ilja, Peter and others you're doing a perfect job and we are all thankful for it.... but really changes too quickly and too regularly is maybe not a good solution.
If a user doesn't follow each day ( and sometimes more ) ... he may become confused and have problems.

I have some time to follow every day, but that's not the case for the majority.

I have been keeping GBW updated, but I haven't even tried any night or wet patches yet. It seems hard enough to keep everything up-to-date as a regular user, but being a track maker complicates matters even further.

I know that I am probably missing out on the next big thing, but I need AC to work the same way every time I start it up, and I don't think I will be trying either until they have been finalised / stabilised.

It's fascinating to follow the progress of these mods though :thumbsup:

Sometimes, I even wonder how professional devs are able to create something with so many changes in most PC matters.
PC hardware is evolving quickly, OS is changing regularly, GPU drivers are released frequently, and so on and so on .....
I wonder sometimes if they are not a bit lost .... just for that reason.

NB: and I'm also fascinated by the quality of all non-professional modders doing sometimes even good and even better than professionals ! :thumbsup:

No names ... but we all know who they are ... and they are finally a lot !

After this most recent update, I have some issues with the mod.
Several tracks (not all, but Road America, Road Atlanta, Bathurst, to name a few) seem to be always in the dark.
e.g.: time set at 12:00, any G&BW weather, using G&B PP filter, real conditions box not ticked results in a night race. With time around 16:00 it's more like dusk/dawn, but any other time it's black.
I asked Ilja (since it seemed to appear only when using CM), included pictures and race.ini files. He had no solution and asked if my G&BW was installed correctly.
It was, but just to be sure, I deleted all G&BW files and reinstalled. No change, bar the fact that now the same happens when using AC launcher too...
Several tracks are not affected (Albi 2006 is fine), but Adelaide (e.g.) at 12:00 looks more late afternoon.
Using some weather settings, I get really dark/black clouds, while my (in this case yellow) car looks just black too.

Another strange issue: this was yesterday (Okayama, 12:00): not completely dark like the others:
Oka-black.jpg

black interior too:
Oka-Int-Black.jpg

I have no clue what is happening. (It was a fresh AC install too after GPU upgrade to GTX 1080 TI).
When I use the original weather, there is no issue. :unsure:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back