good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Actually the wet mod installation is not a big deal. With gbwSuite 2.3 (release maybe in 2 or 3 weeks) you just copy the content folder of the wet mod to AC root folder. The rest is done by CM and gbwSuite. Thats it.

For now the gbwSuite wet weathers are not adapted to the wet mod. It uses the tyre_smoke_grass and tyre_pieces_grass particles on the road. That causes a brown mud effect instead of spray. But soon everything will be really nice! ATM i'm tweaking the water sparkles:
gA1QhME.jpg

kAOUp2w.jpg

Hi Peter, will you also work on night filters or we shall use the current available ones like Assettobynight or tkfiltermod? Thanks
That "night" filter is already be part of the weather with 0:00-23:59 time span.
Every weather has its custom filter changes! So if you set __gbwSuite filter, it is copied and then changes for brightness, contrast, gamma, etc. are made, depending on time and temperature !!! This is the __cm_weather filter you will see ingame.

gbwSuite is designed to be fully automatic, no need to change filters or other stuff.

BTW. What do you expect a "night"-filter should do? Have you tried out the "clear", "few clouds" and "broken" weather. These weather have fully automatic changes for time and temperature from 0:00-23:59 and 0°-36°...

WIP report v2.3 - redefined light rain:

13:00 20°
YJWrpAj.jpg

13:00 0°
JtrQVHT.jpg

13:00 36°
RSwaDOw.jpg

7:00 20°
AKs1Snj.jpg

plus:
All weather will be supporting the "Wet mod". Spray and water sparkles will be automatically loaded for the modded tracks...

WIP report v2.3 - redefined light rain:

13:00 20°
YJWrpAj.jpg

13:00 0°
JtrQVHT.jpg

13:00 36°
RSwaDOw.jpg

7:00 20°
AKs1Snj.jpg

plus:
All weather will be supporting the "Wet mod". Spray and water sparkles will be automatically loaded for the modded tracks...
I bet 9 persons out of 10 would say those are real life pictures.
And they are, right??

Hi Peter,

According to the PDF in gbwS Reshade 1_4:
Compatibilities with “Headlights mod”
Since version 1.3, gbwS Reshade had the patched Reashade dll from the “Headlights mod”:
https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights/
Install this mod first and then install gbwS Reshade !!!

After installing Suite 2.2, I installed both in the advised order ... and got no headlights working.
Doing the contrary ... made lights appear.

Is there a problem between the 2 or did I make a mistake in the install. In fact, it seems I'm not the only one to notice such a problem.

Things change fast now. Since version 1.20 of the headlights mod don't use Reshade anymore.
So just install gbwSuite 2.2 and headlights mod 1.20c. There are no interferences between the two mods.

gbwSuite has already the right Reshade files on board. gbwS Reshade is obsolete now/ its almost the same like the Reshade in gbwSuite 2.2.

Thanks Peter :thumbsup: .... so the mistake was mainly the Headlight mod version.

As it's not very clear at the modder's site about which version is the stable one and not the experimental one .... I didn't know which one to download and finally kept the one I already had before.

I'll report here the success of a final right install. ;)

Things go so fast I may be a few steps behind. :roflmao:

Yeah - have to be careful that my head will not explode! Ilja the CM and Headlights creator working on a next thing you will freak out - can not say more - success is not in sight.

But with the actual verion of CM and with the new headlights mod, now its possible to control the parameters of the headlights with the weather. In the next version of gbwSuite the 24h weathers will have a nice adaption of the headlights brightness and distance. So with the early morning they get dimmer and dimmer till end of sunrise - same for sunset...

Last edited:
It'll be a big step forward .... if I'm not again 2 steps behind ! :roflmao:

Now that everything is already installed correctly .... the result is :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I just noticed something in 2.2 with the night mod .... changing in game the PP cm_weather for the gbw_suite one .... the result seems better and a bit less too dark.

Maybe just a question of taste ... but it looks a bit like changing the road lights for the high-beam ones ... the beam seems larger and stronger.... surely just an impression of course. ;)

Soon a few beers for you, Peter ... you deserve more than one for your hard work. ;)

It'll be a big step forward .... if I'm not again 2 steps behind ! :roflmao:

Now that everything is already installed correctly .... the result is :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I just noticed something in 2.2 with the night mod .... changing in game the PP cm_weather for the gbw_suite one .... the result seems better and a bit less too dark.

Maybe just a question of taste ... but it looks a bit like changing the road lights for the high-beam ones ... the beam seems larger and stronger.... surely just an impression of course. ;)

Soon a few beers for you, Peter ... you deserve more than one for your hard work. ;)
Yes i adapted the weather filter to do more glare in the night, to simulate some eye related adaptions in the night...

Could you please post a picture. I want to be sure thats there is no technical problem.

Here is a comparison between the default weathers, the TTL graphics mod, the Natural graphics mod, the dynamic version of GBW suite, and the GBW weather set. Time is set to 12:15

TTL Weather
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gtb_monza_24-6-118-8-38-0.jpg
Natural Weather
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gtb_monza_24-6-118-8-45-9.jpg
GBW Dynamic weather
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gtb_monza_24-6-118-8-41-14.jpg
GBW weather set
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gtb_monza_24-6-118-8-58-50.jpg
Default Weather
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gtb_monza_24-6-118-8-47-22.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?