good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Not sure if this happened to anyone, but suddenly since version 2.1 when i set the time around 00:00 or 21:00 on CM, the clock ingame is set only to 08:00 or 18:00 and the sky don't change (using the GBW DYN).
Earlier everything was fine and working well but suddenly this happened.

It seems that, I am the only person having this problem with your Mod. That is, I get an Error from Content Manager: Stating "Can't run weather script" Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\....\Desktop\_gbwSuite_basic.lu'. I hope you can figure this bug out, cause this Mod looks promising. Thank you...

Not sure if this happened to anyone, but suddenly since version 2.1 when i set the time around 00:00 or 21:00 on CM, the clock ingame is set only to 08:00 or 18:00 and the sky don't change (using the GBW DYN).
It sounds like you set the time first (outside of the original Assetto Corsa window of 0800-1800) and then choose a weather type that currently does not yet support the new extended time window of 0000-0800 and 1800-2359.

Only several weather types are currently finished to be chosen in the entire extended 24h time window. It sounds like this is what you experience. You have to wait for future revisions as Peter is making all weather types available for the entire 24h cycle.

It seems that, I am the only person having this problem with your Mod. That is, I get an Error from Content Manager: Stating "Can't run weather script" Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\....\Desktop\_gbwSuite_basic.lu'. I hope you can figure this bug out, cause this Mod looks promising. Thank you...

Please read the description of the v2.2 installation in the overview section and read some of the last people posting about this issue.

The entire _gbWSuite FOLDER (including the .lua file) must be in the exact same folder as the contentmanager.exe file you are using to start Content Manager.

If that is not the case and the two are separated you will experience the issue you describe.
The best way to use Content Manager (how it was intended to be used originally) is to drop the contentmanager.exe into your Assetto Corsa root folder (it was intended from the beginning as a Kunos launcher replacement which resides in that folder).

Ingame the clock is only from 8:00-18:00. This is a limit AC has. CM just expand the time slider to a real range. Just for choosing the time. I have to convert this time to the limited time span in AC. So the movement of the time starts and ends with the visible sun, from 6:30 to 19:30, which is ingame again 8:00-18:00. Its just a convertion of different spans.
Keep in mind. Time or night/day transitions are not the goal of this mod. I want to create a perfect scenery for the chosen time.

You placed your Content Manager.exe on your Desktop?

Please put it in the Assetto Corsa main folder. I will find a solution with the next update.

I don't know what was all about. However I made the data integrity verification, few files were re-downloaded. I put the weather and lightning mods again and it works without any problems right now.

Nothing is preventing you to create a .... shortcut for CM exe on your desktop.
Easy to launch ... while the CM is in its right place. ;)

WIP report:

Clear will get a texture moon for the times 0:00-5:00. There will be a full moon from 0:00-2:00 and a half moon from 2:00-5:00 - much better for VR-users. Finally i found values to almost fix the position of the moon, so it will be almost always visible. For the times 21:00-23:59 i will leave the "sun moon" which can draw shadows and then there will be stars.

4:00
oVpRupC.jpg

I also began to convert "heavy rain" to the 0:00-23:59 time span and i'm trying to get a better and more immersive way to feel heavy rain:
13:00
IkWdxEo.jpg

Last edited:
WIP report:

Clear will get a texture moon for the times 0:00-5:00. There will be a full moon from 0:00-2:00 and a half moon from 2:00-5:00 - much better for VR-users. Finally i found values to almost fix the position of the moon, so it will be almost always visible. For the times 21:00-23:59 i will leave the "sun moon" which can draw shadows and then there will be stars.

4:00
oVpRupC.jpg

I also began to convert "heavy rain" to the 0:00-23:59 time span and i'm trying to get a better and more immersive way to feel heavy rain:
13:00
IkWdxEo.jpg
Wow! I'm really looking forard to the new heavy rain. It's looks very authentic because now it looks more that the rain also comes from above - at least in that screenshot. I like the foggier view.

That looks absolutely fabulous @Peter Boese !
I had downloaded @Albs wet mod but haven't tried it yet as of fear, messing up weather in my installation.

If you could please help people out with a clear step by step procedure to get the mods working cleanly side by side as your always nice and welcome pdf manuals (really a benchmark for mod manuals), that would be nice ;-)

I am already imagining wet night races at half broken skies with properly working headlights and seeing actual tire deformation in slow-motion replays (as Ilya is already working on that as well to my complete shock).

Who would have thought all that would be at all possible just as little as a few weeks ago!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back