good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 197115

@Peter Boese, is it possible to make variant without reshade, as not only it results in performance drop, it also can't be used with VR.
Something a bit brighter and more colorful with more contrast perhaps.
Like Natural Weather Mod that had very good balance of both without reshade help.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Peter Boese, is it possible to make variant without reshade, as not only it result in performance drop, it also can't be used with VR.
Something a bit brighter and more colorful with more contrast perhaps.
Like Natural Weather Mod that had very good balance of both without reshade help.
IMHO the results with Reshade are way better than with the PPFilter. But i changed the gbwSuite filter to get to the average brightness, contrast and saturation like the Reshade effects. If you want to try and give feedback.
I can't do it with the weather parameters, that would make that gbw clouds impossible...

Attachments

• __gbWSuite_B1.ini
    6 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Here is a comparison between the default weathers, the TTL graphics mod, the Natural graphics mod, the dynamic version of GBW suite, and the GBW weather set. Time is set to 12:15

TTL Weather
View attachment 257228
Natural Weather
View attachment 257232
GBW Dynamic weather
View attachment 257235
GBW weather set
View attachment 257236
Default Weather
View attachment 257241
Thanks for reply. There is something strange with that gbw pictures. The white balance is to warm.
You use Content Manager?
Do you use the gbwSuite Reshade effects?
Do you use the "__gbwSuite" filter?

You can also try to use a test PPFilter with much more brightness:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/good-and-bad-weather-suite.146850/page-20#post-2777084
Just put the ini in your assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters path and select it in Content Manager.

Ingame the clock is only from 8:00-18:00. This is a limit AC has. CM just expand the time slider to a real range. Just for choosing the time. I have to convert this time to the limited time span in AC. So the movement of the time starts and ends with the visible sun, from 6:30 to 19:30, which is ingame again 8:00-18:00. Its just a convertion of different spans.
Keep in mind. Time or night/day transitions are not the goal of this mod. I want to create a perfect scenery for the chosen time.

I'm sorry but I don't know how to interpret this. Currently for me it doesn't matter what time I set the slider at, "Broken Clouds" is always 08:00, "Clear" is always 18:00 etc..

Edit: If I select one of the original AC weathers, the clock/slider works fine.

I'm sorry but I don't know how to interpret this. Currently for me it doesn't matter what time I set the slider at, "Broken Clouds" is always 08:00, "Clear" is always 18:00 etc..

Edit: If I select one of the original AC weathers, the clock/slider works fine.
Please check you have the latest version of Content Manager .
0.8.1751.34417 is actual the latest.

What do you mean with ""Broken Clouds" is always 08:00". In game it is at 8:00 or the slider jumps to this time?

Thanks for reply. There is something strange with that gbw pictures. The white balance is to warm.
You use Content Manager?
Do you use the gbwSuite Reshade effects?
Do you use the "__gbwSuite" filter?

You can also try to use a test PPFilter with much more brightness:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/good-and-bad-weather-suite.146850/page-20#post-2777084
Just put the ini in your assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters path and select it in Content Manager.
I do use content manager, but not ReShade as I thought it wasn't needed
I used the respected filters for the Natural and TTL weather set, and the default filter for GBW and the default weathers, as it appears that the default and GBWsuite filters are identical.

I do use content manager, but not ReShade as I thought it wasn't needed
I used the respected filters for the Natural and TTL weather set, and the default filter for GBW and the default weathers, as it appears that the default and GBWsuite filters are identical.
Please be so kind and try the attached filter. It will be much better when using gbwSuite without Reshade.
You also could try Reshade - just if you want...

Attachments

• __gbWSuite_B1.ini
    6 KB · Views: 225
Please check you have the latest version of Content Manager .
0.8.1751.34417 is actual the latest.

What do you mean with ""Broken Clouds" is always 08:00". In game it is at 8:00 or the slider jumps to this time?

****, I had disabled auto updates and was a couple weeks behind, sorry about that. Works now.

But yes, the slider would say for example 12:30 and ingame it would always be 8:00 or 18:00. So if someone else has that particular problem, update your stuff :)

• Deleted member 197115

IMHO the results with Reshade are way better than with the PPFilter. But i changed the gbwSuite filter to get to the average brightness, contrast and saturation like the Reshade effects. If you want to try and give feedback.
I can't do it with the weather parameters, that would make that gbw clouds impossible...
Thanks Peter, that looks better already, just need a bit color temp to match gbWSuite + reshade as it's a bit on a bluish side.

Last edited by a moderator:
the environment is just too dark (something I also noticed with the dramatic set from the old Vanilla sets, which the set that comes with this mod is based off of afaik),

• Deleted member 197115

You need to select __gbWSuite_B1 as active PP filter, not just copy it into
Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters

I finished the work on the new gbwSuite standard filter.
I'm now pretty close to the prior filter+Reshade.

XqtZWtP.png

• Deleted member 197115

Peter, with B1 filter you posted earlier there is some extensive bloom from brake lights.
Hope you can dial it down in the final version, if didn"t already. Thank you.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.