good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
That looks amazing Peter!

With the last combination I tried a few days ago:

gbw Suite 2.1 + gbW Reshade + dynamic lights shader patch v0.1.16

I had issues with overexposed and clipped white areas where the headlights would light especially light colored cars in front of me (white cars for example).

As the exposure compensation shortcut (PG UP / PG DN) does not work with Reshade, could you please look into balancing the exposures for very bright areas in the image?
I foresee especially in areas of sun reflections on the asphalt as in your previews for the next built some overexposing issues.

Maybe there is a way to make the PG UP / PG DN exposure compensation on the fly functional or in the worst case you may issue a version of the mod for dynamic lights shader mod and one for vanilla Assetto Corsa (sounds like a LOT of unnecessary work)?

I am looking forward to what is coming as I love to use your high quality mod (I like the emphasis on proper exposures and realistic shaders for maximum image quality and realism over effects simple for the sake of effects).

That looks amazing Peter!

With the last combination I tried a few days ago:

gbw Suite 2.1 + gbW Reshade + dynamic lights shader patch v0.1.16

I had issues with overexposed and clipped white areas where the headlights would light especially light colored cars in front of me (white cars for example).

As the exposure compensation shortcut (PG UP / PG DN) does not work with Reshade, could you please look into balancing the exposures for very bright areas in the image?
I foresee especially in areas of sun reflections on the asphalt as in your previews for the next built some overexposing issues.

Maybe there is a way to make the PG UP / PG DN exposure compensation on the fly functional or in the worst case you may issue a version of the mod for dynamic lights shader mod and one for vanilla Assetto Corsa (sounds like a LOT of unnecessary work)?

I am looking forward to what is coming as I love to use your high quality mod (I like the emphasis on proper exposures and realistic shaders for maximum image quality and realism over effects simple for the sake of effects).
The PG UP / PG DN exposure is locked in the filter.
When the auto exposure setting is disabled you can not use PG UP / PG DN.

Since I am a nerd:laugh: I have a copy of the __gbWSuite that has it enabled for taking screenshots.

Last edited:
The PG UP / PG DN exposure is locked in the filter.
When the auto exposure setting is disabled you can not use PG UP / PG DN.

Since I am a nerd:laugh: I have a copy of the __gbWSuite that has it enabled for taking screenshots.

It would be really great if this nice function of AC could be re-implemented with the regular release of gbw Suite - if that is technically possible and useful that is.

Of course I like a solution where it is not necessary to adjust exposure as of the limited dynamic range our displays can cope with but in some cases (like the very early development of the dynamic lights shader patch) it would be a very helpful tool to have.

It would be really great if this nice function of AC could be re-implemented with the regular release of gbw Suite - if that is technically possible and useful that is.

Of course I like a solution where it is not necessary to adjust exposure as of the limited dynamic range our displays can cope with but in some cases (like the very early development of the dynamic lights shader patch) it would be a very helpful tool to have.
I will definitely not put in autoexposure. The brightness adaption is not stable, because it is dependend on the different car cockpits and some values. So it will react different with different cars. So this is no option.

ATM i'm playing with the filter settings and i found some nice one for night. with this there is not much overexposure and it feels right to me.

gbwS Reshade is designed to do a little overexposure.

IMO No need for auto exposure when driving, I just use it for screenshots as I sometimes think it is to bright/dark depending on the shot.

Keep on doing what you are doing,Peter it is pure wizardry.

as I said before, here is the difference on my pc between the natural mod and the gbw in clear weather (with gbw 2.0 or 2.1)

gbw :
d4b638f5034ca6eaaa36117c93089067.jpg

natural mod :
23f23c1c744662c86f2a78a52680dfe5.jpg

I certainly made a mistake, but which one ... ?

thanks if you can help

Short question, what PP filter is meant to be used with the night mod? CM seems to use the one named cm_weather I think, but at some hours cm_suite seems to be better suited.

as I said before, here is the difference on my pc between the natural mod and the gbw in clear weather (with gbw 2.0 or 2.1)

gbw :

natural mod :

thanks if you can help
for one that car has rather unusual shader settings, better check with a Kunos one

Now ...I finally might install the new version 2.1 + new Reshade + dynamic lights shader and of course drive with it !!

New dimension for weather in AC, perfect work as usual by Peter ! :thumbsup:

At first use, ( as I didn't have Reshade installed before but just a very old SweetFX mod appeared very soon in AC years ago ) I was a bit disappointed by a kind of impression of.... a bit violent or rather agressive view or lights at some hours of day on track.
Just a question of habit afterwards ... but after a few hours on AC ... I finally got accustomed to it and very pleased ! Thanks Peter. ;)

For some modded tracks, what might be done in Reshade to soften a bit sharpness or blinding light ?

I of course also tried the night "Clear_dynamic" .... and discovered that 21:30 was a perfect hour to drive at night with a still not too dark sky. Setting the time at 23:00 or later really makes the driving more difficult when alone or isolated on track.

Maybe I found something fine for Peter:
"There's something about the weather that only Peter does
They call him the graphic king of Assetto ! ..... " ♪♫♫♫♪... :laugh:

NB: any resemblance to lyrics of the early Seventies is not purely accidental. :whistling:

gbw :

natural mod :

thanks if you can help
The gbwSuite filter is designed to not have clipping in high RGB values. If natural mod gives you a better brightness or it is nearer on your taste, then use this one. All weather related filter changes are relative to the chosen base filter.

So if you choose "natural mod" the changes are made from this and the "__cm_weather" filter will be generated out of this.

If you like gbwSuite and its only too dark, you can try gbwS Reshade:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gbws-reshade.20468/
or you can copy the values:
[TONEMAPPING]->GAMMA
[COLOR]->BRIGHTNESS,CONTRAST
from the natural mod filter to gbwSuite filter

The main reason of the difference of this two pictures is the WHITE_BALANCE. The more blue the colors are the brighter the picture will be.

• Deleted member 197115

Without reshade Gbw looks dark and dull, but better than natural mod with gbw reshade installed.
They should be really packaged together as it's essentially one mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a long session racing a Porsche 935 K3 in a 36 car field at different tracks at night times between 2145 and 2200 and in early morning hours between 0500 - 0800 with different weather modes (as currently possible).

I can only say IT WAS EPIC and I cannot wait until all weather mods are available at all times of day. This looks and feels already so amazing as it is in v2.1.

I am also very much looking forward how the "rain effect particles" interact with dynamic lights once the dynamic lights patch is a little more advanced and Peter has gotten around to tweak his mod.

Who would have thought that after a 5+ years product life of AC with devs consistently insisting this is not possible we would live to see this ;-)

I looooooove the combination of Peter's gbW mods and the new dynamic lights patch!
Thank you Peter and Ilya !!! You guys ROCK!

i have a bug when running version 2.1, randomly some small black squares will appear on my screen (like a checkerboard), it doesn't impact on performance but is really annoying,

• Deleted member 197115

That explains it, it"s still WIP and quite buggy. I started getting some crashes and stuttering with headlights mods shaders. Uninstalled it for now.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 44 86.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 16 31.4%