good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for the progress Peter - love the new update 2.2 and especially that we have a full package from now on. It is no more funting down diffeent downloads, keeping it simple and neat - I like that.

Evereyone installing v2.2 and using Content Manager - make sure you restart CM after installing v2.2 and the dynamic lights patch. At first I did not and had some very strange effects due to this.
After restarting CM everything was as expected - just wonderful graphics, love it!

Never mind my previous question.

Dropping this into the AC folder and the "__gbwSuite" folder with the "gbwSuite__basics.lua" ends up in the wrong location as it should be in the CM folder.

Maybe most people have CM in AC root folder but I did not;)

I got errors on that and a pitch black weather at 09:30. I put the folder in the right location and it works.

Thank you!
Which folder does the .lua file go into as I keep getting an error? Please

Tia

Wherever your cm.exe is

By the way @Peter Boese just to be sure, .lua is just a basic script right? It's not a bullsh*t wrapper like reshade? The "lua" i know is just a script file but hey, i'm not a programmer so i'd like to make sure.
The weather generation's scripting is done in LUA. So it is just a programming language. Esp. this file in the folder __gbwSuite includes basic functions, which i use for all weather. So i wanted to have only 1 file and not duplicated code in every weather files. This makes sense for future development..

Guys, please help! Remind me what and where do I have to tick to stop the effin' Content Manager from forcing CM_weather pp filter from loading as default every time I start the session? It keeps switching from GBW_suite filter to this weather one. I remember I somehow got rid of it a few months ago when I was installing first version of GBW, but can't locate the relevant option now! I like CM, but with shitton of option boxes scattered all over the settings page, it's not a very intuitive app.

Guys, please help! Remind me what and where do I have to tick to stop the effin' Content Manager from forcing CM_weather pp filter from loading as default every time I start the session? It keeps switching from GBW_suite filter to this weather one. I remember I somehow got rid of it a few months ago when I was installing first version of GBW, but can't locate the relevant option now! I like CM, but with shitton of option boxes scattered all over the settings page, it's not a very intuitive app.

Settings | Assetto Corsa | Post-Processing | Filter | _gbWSuite

You mean in CM? There is no Post-Processing tab in Assetto Corsa settings (yes, I'm using updated version of free CM). There is relevant option list in Video/Post Processing part and I've got _gbw set there obviosuly, but it doesn't matter anyway - CM still overrides it with its own CM_weather filter - that's the point.

The weather generation's scripting is done in LUA. So it is just a programming language. Esp. this file in the folder __gbwSuite includes basic functions, which i use for all weather. So i wanted to have only 1 file and not duplicated code in every weather files. This makes sense for future development..
Thank you. As long as you're not forcing an abomination - not of this earth - scumf*** wrapper on us, you're a-okay in my book :thumbsup:

This reshade stuff irritated me so thanks a lot for clarification.

Everything is fine with the __cm_weather filter. Its a special filter which is weather related. Esp with gbwSuite 2.2 it is generated out of the selected base filter like __gbwSuite in the video setting. Or any other filter. The __cm_weather filter includes changes for day or night times or has temperature related changes. So if you use gbwSuite the __cm_weather filter is always a copy of your selected filter with additional changes for a perfect scenery. Its not a bug, its a feature.

You can switch it off in the settings of CM. It called: use weather's custom PPFilter.

I don't recommend this, because in case of gbwSuite it is always relative to the base filter and it is important for some special settings like night..

Thanks for the explanation, Peter. I noticed CM filter yield always a bit different look than GBW one which I tried to keep selected as per your manual, but I suppose these minor differences are intended effect. I'll leave it on then.

Is the sun/moon supposed to be this bright and visible?
acs_2018-06-09_21-01-45.jpg

Just to avoid duplicate install, you say
The new "__gbwSuite" folder has to be in the same folder, as the Content Manager.exe is !!!
, but the instructions (PDF) suggest copying it to the AC folder, which should it be? Or we need to copy both sets in both folders (ie. CM and AC)?

Not sure what's going on, might have been the little small bug fix for Content Manager version 0.8.1735.34374 but when using the clear weather, it's always night time no matter what time I set it at. Shows as 00:56 and content manager is reporting an error about the lua script. It seems like the other weather are fine for now, using scattered weather and it's day time.

Just to avoid duplicate install, you say , but the instructions (PDF) suggest copying it to the AC folder, which should it be? Or we need to copy both sets in both folders (ie. CM and AC)?
Most of the CM users have their Content Manager.exe in AC main folder. For those who put CM in an extra folder, an error will occur. IF the exe is not in the main folder, THEN the _gbwSuite folder had to be put in the same location as the Content Manager.exe. With the next version i will do a fix, then the folder will always be in the main folder.

Not sure what's going on, might have been the little small bug fix for Content Manager version 0.8.1735.34374 but when using the clear weather, it's always night time no matter what time I set it at. Shows as 00:56 and content manager is reporting an error about the lua script. It seems like the other weather are fine for now, using scattered weather and it's day time.
Sorry for this. There is a bug on my side.
You have to put the folder __gbwSuite where the "Content Manager.exe" is located. I will find a solution with the next update.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.