good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
[Sorry for the OT
Regarding dynamic lights shader patch - for anyone seeing issues while using it I can only best recommend to head over to the official support thread regarding this in development new feature:

https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights

Post any issues and even ideas related to the dynamic lights shader patch and get very responsive feedback from Ilya.
This would be best for ANYONE using Assetto Corsa as this early you guys do have a chance to provide feedback, issues and ideas with the patch.

… back to good and bad weather suite.]

Now that Ilya has issued the very first release of the dynamic lights shader patch without using Reshade at all (it is now completely independent of Reshade !!!) maybe it is time to merge GBW Suite with its accompanying GBW Reshade package ?

@Peter Boese is there any technical reason that both are completely separated? Why not have them both in one package designed to be installed either directly through Content Manager or fully manual for the people who prefer not to use CM?

I somehow seem to have lost all cloud cover - whatever weather I choose just seems to be clear blue skies now. I have been swapping between GBW Suite and some of the new non-GBW night (and other) weather systems recently so I'm guessing something's gone awry there.
Any ideas please?
Failing that, how best can I completely uninstall GBW so that I can do a clean reinstallation?
Also, are there any conflicts with having the old GBW and GBW Suite installed at the same time? I love the old 'Autumn' sky from the original GBW so kept this system alongside Suite. It never seemed to creat any issues, but thought it worth asking.
Thanks.

1. world detail is at least on "low" CM->settings->video->world detail

2. with version 2.1 of gbwSuite all cloud textures are in the folder:
assettocorsa\content\texture\clouds_shared - it exists? and there are textures in it?

since gbwSuite 1.3 it is completely compatible with other mods.
If you use the weather of GBW 3.3, then you must use GBW 3.3 PPFilter!

1. world detail is at least on "low" CM->settings->video->world detail

2. with version 2.1 of gbwSuite all cloud textures are in the folder:
assettocorsa\content\texture\clouds_shared - it exists? and there are textures in it?

since gbwSuite 1.3 it is completely compatible with other mods.
Thanks. World Detail is set high but I'll look at the other suggestions.
Best way to completely remove GBW and GBW Suite (to reinstall) is how?

Thanks. World Detail is set high but I'll look at the other suggestions.
Best way to completely remove GBW and GBW Suite (to reinstall) is how?
- delete all gbw weather folder
- delete gbw filters in system\cfg\ppfilters
- delete dxgi.dll, dxgi.ini, gbW_reshade.ini, reshade-shaders folder

Unless I'm missing something, the only PP filters in the download are _gbW and _gbW AE.
I can't find a PP filter called _gbW 3.3 or anything like that..?
Do I just use one of _gbW or _gbW AE? (I assume the AE is automatic exposure?).
I know, I'm being dense. It's been a long week.

__gbW filter for the weather of GBW 3.3 is right.
You can copy the filter to the weathers folder and rename it to filter.ini. Then the filter is automatically loaded with the weather..

i think it really messed up my cfg, so i deleted the folder and uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but content manager changed something because it did not restore lol, so yeah i'll wait for an update (dynamic light) and reinstall it, until then i'ñll get back to ams hahaha
by the way, @Peterboese you made one of the, if not the greatest mod for ac , thanks for the hard work!

Installed gbW Suite 2.1 via CM, I'm getting error "Can't run weather script, the given key was not present in the dictionary." Anyone seen this before ?

Installed gbW Suite 2.1 via CM, I'm getting error "Can't run weather script, the given key was not present in the dictionary." Anyone seen this before ?
Does this just happens ones after install? The safest way is to restart CM after install. There is something going on with some path information which is not set right after an installation...

finally i like it :)
I have re installed the mod, a little bit dark but i can't miss the benefits of this mod
You know you can have natural mod and GBW Suit installed at the same time?

Delete all weathers with 1_ to 7_ before them in the weather folder and copy natural mods weather in there instead and then copy the natural mod PP to the cfg\ppfilters

On the weather menu the natural weathers will be the Original weathers and just switch to the natural MOD PP

:)

edit: Forgot one part you need to have Kunos original cloud textures in content\texture\clouds
only then Natural Mod will have the correct cloud textures.

Last edited:
I installed the new weather suite a few days back without issues and I have to say "it is absolutely fantastic". However, I didn't fancy messing around with reshade and the dynamic lights as I feared it would all get messed up. Today I decided to give it a whirl and get it all installed...… My Assetto has just gone to a whole new level when 5 years ago we were told it can't be done. Can't thank you enough.. Here is a couple of screens.
Screenshot_ferrari_458_s3_acu_singapore_9-6-118-10-34-22.jpg

Screenshot_ferrari_458_s3_acu_singapore_9-6-118-10-33-56.jpg

Peter Boese updated good and bad weather SUITE with a new update entry:

Extended times spans for "broken clouds" and "few clouds" + Reshade inside

Because of new folders and the integrated Reshade, the "installation via CM" is not working!!!

Please do a manual installation as described in the manual or just put the content of the zip to your Assetto Corsa main folder!

--- CHANGELOG of gbwSuite ---

clear_dynamic:
better blue
darker before sunrice, after sunset

broken clouds:
extended time span:

00:00 -...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Never mind my previous question.

Dropping this into the AC folder and the "__gbwSuite" folder with the "gbwSuite__basics.lua" ends up in the wrong location as it should be in the CM folder.

Maybe most people have CM in AC root folder but I did not;)

I got errors on that and a pitch black weather at 09:30. I put the folder in the right location and it works.

Thank you!

• Deleted member 197115

Same here, additional note in pdf instruction could help.
Also embedded reshade still has MagicBloom enabled, while new standalone version has it off.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.