good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Peter,

No time free this evening to install and try this wonderful new update.
( Too busy organizing and driving at our league championship. )

I just have one question in order to have the best result possible: ( especially for night of course ).
is gbwS Reshade 1.3 really necessary ? .... I remember having many problems in the past using this dxgi.dll

Thanks in advance for your advices.... and of course this big update with many good surprises I'll discover tomorrow maybe ! ;)
You will need Reshade for the dynamic headlight. So you don't need my settings, but you have to deal with Reshade if you want those lightbeams...

You will need Reshade for the dynamic headlight. So you don't need my settings, but you have to deal with Reshade if you want those lightbeams...

Thanks for your answer, Peter. :thumbsup:
Can you or someone else confirm what I read somewhere that the dxgi.dll may be replaced by the d3d11.dll ? I never had any problem with this one.

EDIT: nevermind ... the answer is where I downloaded the headlights. :redface:

First of all the mod is phenomenal; however, I have run into some issues with the shadows and the time for the dynamic clear weather.

When I start at a time before shadows are enabled (say 4 am) the day-night cycle progresses until 23:49 as intended, yet the shadows do not automatically enable themselves leading to a dark dusk appearance throughout the day.

However, if I start the race at 6:45 am for example the appearance is as shown in the preview images on the update page, yet the weather will stop progressing and get stuck at around 6/7pm before the "dusk" segment (I assume this is when the shadows are meant to be disabled)

Also I have content manager version 0.8.1726.34319

I have to bring back in mind: For now we have to live with the AC engine and its limits. AC has nothing dynamic in it, all values are fixed. For now there is no way to dynamically change something while doing a session. gbwSuite will generate weather BEFORE starting a new session. Within this session only the AC engine is doing its work.
So there is NO real live day/night transition!!!

My goal with gbwSuite is a perfect weather for the choosen time!

Hello Peter, refering to my bad performance experience compared to GBW (original, v3.3): with all the weathers in GBW, I usually tend to have 50-60fps. With GBWS, I have 40-50fps (still playable). The problem comes with dusk/dawn weathers, when I get < 30fps. This doesn't happen with GBW.
Hm, should be not such a difference! But there is a huge difference with the dusk&dawn in gbw 3.3. They have no sun, and therefore i was able to deactivate the shadows - a huge performance boost. Now dawn and dusk has sun and with the long shadows while this time it is a fps hit. But what about "clear_dynamic" with times before 6:30 and after 19:30. Then the sun and the shadows are off, too. Whats your performance with this?

Okay I adjusted the weather using those settings and the sky is more blue, but still quite dark. looks like evening to me.

Hey Peter, this new mod version is fantastic! The compatibility with the new dynamic light shaders from Ilya are truly great!

I have a question and a suggestion:

Is it by design that in the time between 0800 - 1800 I can set whatever weather I want and when setting a time outside of this window (0000 - 0759 and 1801 - 2359) The weather selection will be overridden and certain different weathers are selected instead ?

I have found that different weathers are selected (not just clear dynamic) when leaving the original Kunos time window.

Is this features still little "buggy" or how shallow we best use this feature?

Here is a little request:

Currently both the available tracks are not really optimized for the dynamic lights patch (missing any track side illumination) and the dynamic lights patch still heavy in early development will keep changing from revision to revision.

Because of this the darkest light levels from 2200 - 2359 (and I suppose the same is true for the early hours after midnight) are just too dark for racing at the track.

Could you adjust the light levels between versions accommodating the status of Ilya's dynamic light patch so even around midnight is still a hint of visibility (maybe this could even linked to the weather used - with clear sky there is usual still enough light to clearly see after eyes have adapted while in a heavy clouded weather without moon it can indeed be pitch black).

Are there plans to link light levels, Sun / Moon to time of year in some ways?

Are there plans to also include a more elaborate tweak to transform the sun into a moon for the night times as it has been done in the Assetto at night mod ?

I highly prefer to use just your mod as I prefer the image quality, texture detail and the realistic look you achieve.
In the current state there are weather which are using only the normal time span from 8:00-18:00.
My goal is, all weather will use the time span 0:00-23:59. But this will take some time. I have to reprogramm them. And for some of them i will try to take the sun as a moon, but i have to figure out, how to draw clouds in a realistic way with moon and in the night.
It needs time to do this all. ATM i'm testing with the clear weather what is possible and then i will use this for the other weather...

In the current state there are weather which are using only the normal time span from 8:00-18:00.
My goal is, all weather will use the time span 0:00-23:59. But this will take some time. I have to reprogramm them. And for some of them i will try to take the sun as a moon, but i have to figure out, how to draw clouds in a realistic way with moon and in the night.
It needs time to do this all. ATM i'm testing with the clear weather what is possible and then i will use this for the other weather...

So far so good, love the new settings, I bet once you figure out how to work out the clouds it'll be amazing!
Screenshot_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_pacific_coast_4-6-118-5-53-34.jpg
Screenshot_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_ks_highlands_4-6-118-4-1-47.jpg

Thank you Peter, this sounds great!

Hm, should be not such a difference! But there is a huge difference with the dusk&dawn in gbw 3.3. They have no sun, and therefore i was able to deactivate the shadows - a huge performance boost. Now dawn and dusk has sun and with the long shadows while this time it is a fps hit. But what about "clear_dynamic" with times before 6:30 and after 19:30. Then the sun and the shadows are off, too. Whats your performance with this?

With that and on same track and same car, I get 30-45fps (depends on sector, the track is Tajo). With time at 6.45, I get substantial drops after the gas station. At midday it works fine. Thank you!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 42 85.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 30.6%