Fonteny

Tracks Fonteny 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Point taken (got carried away) and it just forced me to go premium. About time. I was just trying to keep the thread relevant to show my gratitude for this amazing work which I will get withdrawal symptoms when I am back at work. Right off to break the 7 min mark in the EVO time attack. I will not post any more vids here.

Been watching this track develop for months and I had a feeling it would be ready around Xmas. Now of course my wheel decides it needs new Pots for the brake and gas, so I'm replacing them with Hall sensors for longevity. So I'm without anything to drive for right now.
then just to add insult to injury I figured I better finally upgrade from Win7 to win10, so I have a bit of a learning curve coming as well. Looking forward to driving this very much, just a bit longer to wait !

Last edited:
Last night, I finally managed to find some time to devote properly to AC.

Fonteny, my beloved 250 GTO, a full grid vintage trackday filled with wonderful babes, nice wheather, 1h of time and a glass of wine (a good one).

I can't remember the last time I had such a... uhm, totalizing, immersive experience with AC.
Even now, still in my head the epic struggle to keep the pace with a GT40, while trying to not get killed by my car and the other slower ones. Lap after lap, again and again.

Sorry, I just wanted to say it. Thank you, you marvelous Man!
FrankZ

(trivia: the glass of wine has remained untouched).

Happy new year to all and thanks for a a great cherry on top of 2019, David!

Noticed a couple of things comparing my 3 most favourite tracks atm:

Feldbergring
Screenshot_bo_singer_awd_feldberg_6-1-120-13-40-27.jpg

Deutschlandring
Screenshot_bo_singer_awd_deutschlandring_6-1-120-13-41-16.jpg

Fonteny
Screenshot_bo_singer_awd_fonteny_6-1-120-13-42-47.jpg

Feldbergring and Deutshclandring have near perfect vegetation texture brightness. Fonteny's are a bit brighter than normal, noticeable especially when getting close to the evening or in the early morning.

Feldbergring has an awesome track surface specular, which scores big points towards realism. Seems to be almost absent for the other 2 tracks. Would help if someone else could confirm this.

Feldbergring
View attachment 342503

Deutschlandring
View attachment 342504

Fonteny
View attachment 342509

Feldbergring and Deutshclandring have near perfect vegetation texture brightness. Fonteny's are a bit brighter than normal, noticeable especially when getting close to the evening or in the early morning.

Feldbergring has an awesome track surface specular, which scores big points towards realism. Seems to be almost absent for the other 2 tracks. Would help if someone else could confirm this.
Is that an older photo of Feldburgring? I've heard a few people say that track speculars have been broken in the past few CSP updates, so that might explain it if the other photos are more recent.
I agree about the vegetation brightness though, now that you come to mention it. I thought it was due to a Sol or PP update but it does seem brighter than on other FA tracks.

I have adjusted the trees, bushes and hedges ready for v1.1, so hopefully they will look better to you (PM sent).

I had quite a bit of criticism over the 'dullness' of Feldbergring and Deutschlandring, so when I was working on Fonteny I tried to make it seem a bit brighter and more colourful - maybe that didn't work out too well but you have to try these things.

The texture for the new tarmac is exactly the same as the one I used for the other two tracks, including the specular. Fonteny uses a lot of 'old tarmac', which has rougher FFB feel and less specular highlights.

I also fell into a hole on the exit to the pits on the right hand side, Tourist layout. Probably mentioned before so please forgive me if so. I know you want realism but the vegetation goes by too quick for me to notice these things, lol.

BTW Happy new year. (managed a 6:56 in Evo Time Attack, valid lap)

Last edited:
@Mascot : all 3 shots - Feldbergring, Deutschlandring and Fonteny - were taken earlier using the latest version of csp. Indeed track speculars were broken from preview 245 on, until recently.

Regarding the alleged dullness: I had the same impression until I noticed saturation was turned down in my AC settings, some time ago. Has happened a few times in the past but for some reason it stuck to 100% after a while. Personally never had the impression your tracks especially were lacking color.

Last edited:
I also fell into a hole on the exit to the pits on the right hand side, Tourist layout. Probably mentioned before so please forgive me if so. I know you want realism but the vegetation goes by too quick for me to notice these things, lol.

BTW Happy new year.

Fixed, but thanks for mentioning it :)

Feldbergring
View attachment 342503

Deutschlandring
View attachment 342504

Fonteny
View attachment 342509

Nice catch ! I also thought the trees at Fonteny were too bright. But with different versions of CSP, SOL, PP filters and configuration of those, it is hard to tell why that is..

Nice catch ! I also thought the trees at Fonteny were too bright. But with different versions of CSP, SOL, PP filters and configuration of those, it is hard to tell why that is..
Yap, same here. I thought that the trees at Fonteny look a bit like when AC was still very young. Nowaydays trees in AC look a bit darker and more staurated saturated if these are the right words to describe it (I'm German).

Good to read that the trees of Fonteny will get or already have gotten a treatment. :)
Thank you very much, @Fat-Alfie!

Last edited:
Thanks Brian - it's great to hear off someone else who is enjoying this track too. For me, it's long enough to feel like an adventure, but short enough to memorise (eventually). I've been driving the layout for 2 years now, and I still love it. Plus, I now have the added challenge of the reverse layout to learn :laugh:

Absolutely Amazingly Awesome!!! .... adding some more comment after a day or so to drive it.... I find this a much better track than Nordschleife, much more interesting and although I think it is ahrder to drive fast because of the complexity of corners it is somehow more friendly and appealing. I never really felt I wanted to master Nordschleife as I was quite happy driving tracks like Bathurst, Le Mans, Feldbergring, Laguna, Highlands and a few more. But now I intend to try to master this one or at least drive it confidently and quickish. I am off to read the guide now...Thanks again

Last edited:
Fat-Alfie updated Fonteny with a new update entry:

Fonteny v1.1

New for v1.1
• Reverse layout for both Raceday and Trackday
• Collision added for all larger track-side objects
• Better tree, bush and hedge textures and models to give better appearance, especially with a low sun
• Adjusted road shader
• Billboards and bunting only visible on race days
• Added CSP extension file for night lights and GrassFX
• Fixed hole in physical grass mesh on S/F straight
• Added windows to churchesView attachment 357448

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks