Fonteny

Tracks Fonteny 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I haven't either... but I also make proper bottom colliders. :)

One of the very first things I did in AC was fix the collider of a car that would crash on a mesh seam like that in a particular track. Learned my lesson early. Probably worth a look @ the car, at least. Simple in CM.

But @rkriger said it happens with "any car", so now I'm confused

Ok, hope this will help someone, somewhere :):

Testing for days weeks @Historic Sim Studios LLC 1934 Maserati and "Le Phantome de Fonteny" was clearly there. I've just downloaded and tested @aphidgod's T70 for a pair of laps around each way of the track and not one single ghost has bothered mefor the firstr time in a pair of years, so it probably has some to do with the car's collider altogether with the track mesh seam, of course spiced with some CSP's "magic" (I'm running now 1.80 paid, but have tested 2.2 free and 2.3 paid versions and no one works around this by itself). I've never used CSP's Extended Physics.

I've started researching on the collider's subject to fix it myself, at least for my personal use as I suppose it will give checksum errors online, but opening both cars with the colliders on in CM's showroom can't see why one crashes and the other flies over the ghost.

colliderComparison.png

Haven't experienced anything like this in other tracks, by the way, or at least don't remember.

Thanks to everybody here sharing their knowledge and amazing work!

Last edited:
Ok, so that particular 1934 Maserati uses the Extended Phisycs by itself, so it crashes badly into that tree mesh...

But I'm positive @Ben O'Bro's fabulous Caterhams don't, and they crash too.
The issue is already documented, the cars will collide with a tree that is seen as physical due to its name.

The only way around it now is to enable "use extended physics for all cars and tracks" in CM - CSP Settings - General. Will require latest patch and CM up to date.

The issue is already documented, the cars will collide with a tree that is seen as physical due to its name.

The only way around it now is to enable "use extended physics for all cars and tracks" in CM - CSP Settings - General. Will require latest patch and CM up to date.
Ok, tried that: not working.

May I suggest you speak to whoever is responsible for developing the CSP?

I don't want to sound rude, but do you honestly expect me (and other car and track makers) to rework my mods because something is broken in the CSP?

I'm really, really grateful for an amazing track anyone here can enjoy for free, and don't want to sound rude either. But according to @Johnr777's post Fonteny is, tell me if I'm wrong, efectively broken and CSP (broken too, but that's another story and will be discussed with its author) just reveals it in this case. If a fix on that mesh name is possible (maybe not, or is just too much work, I'm far from an expert) it would be great from you, @Fat-Alfie, to get it done, as it is causing problems with some other mods.

Ok, tried that: not working.

I'm really, really grateful for an amazing track anyone here can enjoy for free, and don't want to sound rude either. But according to @Johnr777's post Fonteny is, tell me if I'm wrong, efectively broken and CSP (broken too, but that's another story and will be discussed with its author) just reveals it in this case. If a fix on that mesh name is possible (maybe not, or is just too much work, I'm far from an expert) it would be great from you, @Fat-Alfie, to get it done, as it is causing problems with some other mods.
Fonteny is definitely not broken. Like explained some time earlier, even if the tree mesh is named as physical, the base/vanilla game ignores physical collision meshes after a certain angle.

The awkward part is CSP - which is also not broken when talking about physical mesh detection - creating this collision problem.

Its not on David to fix this, its on the CSP team to create a filter to ignore such meshes. I'll again bring this up to the dev team.

Jose, if you want to enjoy the track, open the surface.ini file and look for the first entry: [SURFACE_0]
then change the line wav_pitch to WAV_PITCH=extended-0

This will ensure extended physics are applied but will break online compatibility. So I only advise this for personal use.

Fonteny is definitely not broken. Like explained some time earlier, even if the tree mesh is named as physical, the base/vanilla game ignores physical collision meshes after a certain angle.

The awkward part is CSP - which is also not broken when talking about physical mesh detection - creating this collision problem.

Its not on David to fix this, its on the CSP team to create a filter to ignore such meshes. I'll again bring this up to the dev team.

Jose, if you want to enjoy the track, open the surface.ini file and look for the first entry: [SURFACE_0]
then change the line wav_pitch to WAV_PITCH=extended-0

This will ensure extended physics are applied but will break online compatibility. So I only advise this for personal use.
Thank you very much, John. It didn't work.

Still in love with the track, I'll patiently wait for an exorcism :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.