Fonteny

Tracks Fonteny 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Fat-Alfie updated Fonteny with a new update entry:

Fonteny v1.1

New for v1.1
- Reverse layout for both Raceday and Trackday
- Collision added for all larger track-side objects
- Better tree, bush and hedge textures and models to give better appearance, especially with a low sun
- Adjusted road shader
- Billboards and bunting only visible on race days
- Added CSP extension file for night lights and GrassFX
- Fixed hole in physical grass mesh on S/F straight
- Added windows to churches

View attachment 357450

Read the rest of this update entry...

It's probably safest to delete the old track folder and fresh-install the new folder from the v1.1 archive, but simply over-writing should work too. Sorry for the lack of installation instructions :redface:

I included the CSP config file within the track folder. Maybe you have another config file installed somewhere else from the previous installation? I think it might be in the 'extension' folder in your AC root.

I'll take a look on my PC when I'm up :)

Your guess was spot on. I had another .ini file in the extension/loaded. Thank you very much and good vibes to you.

Oh good, I had the same issue when trying it yesterday. I thought configs in the track folder had priority over the extension folder in AC root but seems not.

Fonteny at night is so difficult. I thought I knew the track, but driving at night now, I notice I don't at all.

Thanks Dave for this update. To be honest the foliage colours and textures look much more natural and in line with your other tracks. The tourist layout is a welcome addition and will get me through our self isolation period. Keep up the great work and stay safe

I love this track!! Deutschlandring and Feldbergring are outstanding but this is really one of the best tracks that I have ever driven in any game ever. So good.

But I have to knock the score back to 99.99/100 due to a couple things on 1.1. Please allow me to nitpick:

The "entry gates" for the new reverse Tourist layout are too close to the finish line for the normal Tourist layout. In other words, when driving fast vintage cars with crappy brakes (as you should on this track), you can't go full throttle past the finish line and still make it back into the pits.

Even with the 1.0 layout I would sometimes still struggle to make it into the pits under the pit speed limiter, although the worst thing that would happen there was some CPU-induced brake locking.

It would mess up all current lap times, but my suggestion is to move the Tourist finish line backwards (towards the final turn) maybe 200 meters or so.

My other suggestion is to remove the "Reverse" assets on the "Normal" layout, and vice versa. I'm thinking more about the new entry gates, but it would also feel more like a "one way track" (such as the Ring or Spa) if all the signs were pointing the same direction as you were driving.

Here's a vid I made a couple months ago with v1.0. Again, wonderful track, and thank you!

Excellent track, atmospheric, aerobatic, it’s a pleasure to ride, the only “but” is the level of rivals (bots). They travel at 100% difficulty quite slowly. The skill level of bots depends on the game itself, or on each specific track?

Thanks - I would say the 'skill' of the AI is largely dependent on the programming of the car, and partly the AI line within the track. Even amongst Kunos' cars I have found a wide range of AI skill/speed (Lotus 49 is okay, but Lotus 25 or Porsche 718 RS60 is really slow).

I would suggest trying the track with either Kunos cars or quality mod cars if you want a close fight against the AI.

Thanks - I would say the 'skill' of the AI is largely dependent on the programming of the car, and partly the AI line within the track. Even amongst Kunos' cars I have found a wide range of AI skill/speed (Lotus 49 is okay, but Lotus 25 or Porsche 718 RS60 is really slow).

I would suggest trying the track with either Kunos cars or quality mod cars if you want a close fight against the AI.
[/ QUOTE]

while I tried the Alfa Romeo GTA, Porsche 718 RS60 from cunos, and they are also very slow. then need to try something else vintage from cunos.

Last edited:
It's hard to make a car perform equally well under AI control at every track. Your settings inevitably end up being a compromise that works the best on the most tracks, sometimes with a concession made for one problematic corner at one circuit. (Looking at you, Brands pit entrance.) You'll inevitably get tracks with AI lines that suit a particular car & its setup more than others.

Also any car/track combo where you can gain pace by sliding the car around a bit is also going to be a challenge for the AI.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%