Ferrari F40-Compitizione | 723hp/706Nm

Cars Ferrari F40-Compitizione | 723hp/706Nm v1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just wanted to chime in and confirm that the wheel is pulling to the right for me as well. I've been having this when I was running 40% low force boost on my G25, and now that I've upped that to 80% for other mods (as is recommended for this wheel) it seems even worse.

Unfortunately I don't have any idea as to what could actually cause it. Maybe some sort of underlying geometry issue? It would seem there is something asymmetrical that shouldn't be.
Hi there

I think we are pretty much in the same position at this stage. After updating the AI last night I went through every suspension setting both in the hdv file and the BPR_susp comparing values making sure that left/front matches right/front, doing the same for the rear and going over every other control and various other files again and just can't find anything that's obvious.

This pretty much sums up what's being happening so far:

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...izione-723hp-706nm.161164/page-3#post-2861709

I even went back to the site to where I got the mod to see if I could learn anything from there but no mention.

Other than the rest of the work I did this should have being a straight forward conversion like any other mod unless something was obviously wrong but then everybody including myself would have the same issue and this would be easier to pin-piont or fix.

There are still a handful of guys including yourself that are having this same issue, I don't have the knowledge to look deeper into this so I have passed this on to two other modders which have experience building mods for various sims.

I've only just passed the files on so still early to give you an answer right away but hopefully they will see something that I can't.

In the mean time just ask to be patient, I have not stopped trying and appreciate the feedback you given me.

Best

Regards

ClimaxF1

Hi there

I think we are pretty much in the same position at this stage. After updating the AI last night I went through every suspension setting both in the hdv file and the BPR_susp comparing values making sure that left/front matches right/front, doing the same for the rear and going over every other control and various other files again and just can't find anything that's obvious.

(...)

I've only just passed the files on so still early to give you an answer right away but hopefully they will see something that I can't.

In the mean time just ask to be patient, I have not stopped trying and appreciate the feedback you given me.

Best

Regards

ClimaxF1

Thank you so much for the hard work, and for releasing this gorgeous conversion (among other mods!) in the first place. I understand how frustrating it is as a modder to run into problems that you can't pinpoint and fix yourself, and as such I have immense appreciation for your decision to get others to look into this as well.

Due to health-related issues I don't have a lot of time to be sim racing these days, so I guess you could say I'm patient because I have no other choice anyway. :D

Hi there

This pretty much sums up what's being happening so far:

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...izione-723hp-706nm.161164/page-3#post-2861709

I even went back to the site to where I got the mod to see if I could learn anything from there but no mention.

Other than the rest of the work I did this should have being a straight forward conversion like any other mod unless something was obviously wrong but then everybody including myself would have the same issue and this would be easier to pin-piont or fix.

There are still a handful of guys including yourself that are having this same issue, I don't have the knowledge to look deeper into this so I have passed this on to two other modders which have experience building mods for various sims.

Best

Regards

ClimaxF1

Thanks for not giving up...there will be a solution some day, but these physics issues are very complex. It needs someone with those skills to review the files.

Here's what you were looking for @Robin_NL

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O3GIC9ZVb4218SBn_Dl3CxnFyLSxacuR

xmHAYEG5uqJ-xjTMdxVqDKwJ-ainHAJX1XqCSHyWNrph5yZlzpn24H0qiZbNpOMHERqW6yuJg-6sKZQJmmKwkpQLYjjK21FLTeib5E1uE9P4d7DJRGlfVWqH7dL6OBONibLObZhaC5tLpMH_tNLy-vnkwLPMcSlHmbRHgfMnT4rjmbzYoJgdx6Js7MYfeAzR9QhGIdVsfu2mxRVPEtkzzsaoPuCSUGKdpu-aSw5CKBCHcysqNfFFbifxaRbhiTPHgRNizGBMUCCH4azqTKjGOu50-o7pE1fBRocYLHeb4Wqy4G8alM1RzmVykih0mJOd3QuOacckbe3WRsAnsTBTxFGD0Lnfk3CFbR3WuTKW0Reyji62kpdSUy-AsAm-QHD2m07vbOBsUtix85UKrQc0fvv8sK3xCB4LBu4JWJzpFRtRkp9MdRCB4AabvfgbKbqzupFVno8113y_LTz7ogPkutTRFf7HhgbrWKn-FFkghzXnlP9w7wTsJjC-oEScVoa0rYe79najicHn9SRV1dYgm9xN4YMxTmQdogWOBd0Y33wBeJ_shX0G3FyiarQlw329cna1dbqh_0z8ud-lptR3Cbk2ZKq8hIzk4gAtgBLeT_7wP_KuTZ94mDobTeRn9ih-28TFQNVSr9TAcKgSW2NvPwJzkA=w941-h510-no

Hi! Your mods are awesome!

But I have a slight problem with the FFB. I thought to ask here, maybe someone would be able to help.

As far as overall strength of the road bumps, kerbs, off road etc. all feels spot-on. The problem is that over 45-50 km/h the steering gets way too light. All the effects are still here, in the same strength, just the steering feels like there is zero weight on the front tires. I can literally use my small finger to turn the wheel. Choosing a different FFB preset from the Showroom doesn't fix the problem.

It's the same with your Saxo mod. After 45-50 km/h the front wheels "disappear".
The Pagani Huayra R is awesome and doesn't have this problem.

Any help is welcome! Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to say my wheel is a Logitech Driving Force GT.

Same thing, on Thrustmaster T500 RS. The FFB is very weird, no gradual resistance in cornering. Never had similar issue with any other mod or official cars. Some things are felt well, like kerbs and roadbumps but the steering feel is extremely weird.

Such a shame because I love F40's and the sound is epic. Wish I could get it sorted, feels like some parts of FFB are missing. Wheel doesn't resist in turns, nor communicate SAT/grip loss. Just like turning without FFB at all, but some parts of FFB it gets very alive. But it's not like car should logically feel for me, or usually does in sims. Tyres naturally want to roll towards the momentum of car, so in cornering the wheel should resist my input, unless I understeer and lose grip from fronts. Yet now I can turn perfectly well and not understeer at all, but still in the same time not feel pretty much anything

Tried all of the FFB presets in showroom, same thing

Last edited:
Same thing, on Thrustmaster T500 RS. The FFB is very weird, no gradual resistance in cornering. Never had similar issue with any other mod or official cars. Some things are felt well, like kerbs and roadbumps but the steering feel is extremely weird.

Such a shame because I love F40's and the sound is epic. Wish I could get it sorted, feels like some parts of FFB are missing. Wheel doesn't resist in turns, nor communicate SAT/grip loss. Just like turning without FFB at all, but some parts of FFB it gets very alive. But it's not like car should logically feel for me, or usually does in sims. Tyres naturally want to roll towards the momentum of car, so in cornering the wheel should resist my input, unless I understeer and lose grip from fronts. Yet now I can turn quite well and not understeer at all, but still in the same time not feel pretty much anything

Tried all of the FFB presets in showroom, same thing

I don't know if you saw this post further up.

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...izione-723hp-706nm.161164/page-4#post-2862445

I'm still waiting on some feedback but I don't think it will be anytime soon as it's the holidays now. Even myself I will be gone for a while.

Hi Guys

Being a while and hopefully this brings some good news.

As promised I did not give up.

Update details 2019-01-15:

For those few that had FFB issues or lack of here is a new suspension file for the car that was just past on to me.

Have tested all settings including realfeel without any problems. I also had a friend of mine test which also had no FFB and he now is happy with the new file.

Just copy new file into the cars directory and allow to overwrite.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fWGSA6QJPTwQbuJRY-rsHs7z_mCZzPKZ

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Now it works! But experiencing new odd thing, steering wheel is constantly pulling (slightly) to right lol :D

Tried with other cars, wheel stays straight. But in F40, the steering pulls slightly (couple of degrees) to right. Like something in the new file isn't symmetrical? But it indeed works, otherwise

Now it works! But experiencing new odd thing, steering wheel is constantly pulling (slightly) to right lol :D

Tried with other cars, wheel stays straight. But in F40, the steering pulls slightly (couple of degrees) to right. Like something in the new file isn't symmetrical? But it indeed works, otherwise
I don't know if I want to scream, pull my hair out or just commit suicide or make it all three :)

This was one thing I asked specifically to also check because I think there one or two guys who had reported this with the previous version.

I just tested at Spa on the long straight and the car is as straight as a bullet, no pulling at all.

Something I would have to ask to see if there is a problem but I don't understand how it varies from user to user. Test with controller and wheel, nothing, not even the smallest pull.

Would have to see what response I get and take it from there.

This is a repeat post of today's post further above just in case you guys mis it.

Hi Guys

As promised I did not give up.

Update details 2019-01-15:

For those few that had FFB issues or lack of here is a new suspension file for the car that was just past on to me.

Have tested all settings including realfeel without any problems. I also had a friend of mine test which also had no FFB and he now is happy with the new file.

Just copy new file into the cars directory and allow to overwrite.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fWGSA6QJPTwQbuJRY-rsHs7z_mCZzPKZ

Re-installed to test the update. Ran the old version first to make sure it was how I remembered then installed the new suspension.

The steering certainly feels heavier now but the car still seems to be pulling to the right, for me.

Thanks for looking into this further, though.

Re-installed to test the update. Ran the old version first to make sure it was how I remembered then installed the new suspension.

The steering certainly feels heavier now but the car still seems to be pulling to the right, for me.

Thanks for looking into this further, though.
I'm not sure if it was you or not but as mention a bit further up with the update this was something I asked him to check specifically too, other than the ffb.

The few responses I've had so far, everything seems to be fine now, besides the two of you that are having this pulling issue.

I ran another test on different tracks with different setups and car goes perfectly straight, asked a few guys that I sent the files and all ok, everything is sorted on their side.

I don't have the knowledge to look into it any further so unless someone knows what's the problem is on your side I honestly am at a bit of a dead end.

It's still early and the update was just made today, so let's see what responses we get get hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Weird. I just tested with one of the spare .hdv files and it's not happening with that. It was f40_LM, I think. I'll experiment with other files to see if I can replicate the pull and then compare with the latest version.

Do you have a copy of the original files you edited for this version you could share, by any chance?

Weird. I just tested with one of the spare .hdv files and it's not happening with that. It was f40_LM, I think. I'll experiment with other files to see if I can replicate the pull and then compare with the latest version.

Do you have a copy of the original files you edited for this version you could share, by any chance?
This is where most of the files came from if I remember correctly.

All physics files should be there:

https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=F40 COMPETIZIONE

Let me know what you come up with, I've got a bit of brain freeze when it comes to this car :)

I appreciate so much that you are still trying to find a solution! Thank you!

Here's me: I was trying things (irrelevant with your mod) and I decided to completely delete the RealFeelPlugin.ini file. Now, since lately I have been trying out the rFactor 2 stock content, I didn't give any time to AMS. As I saw your post here, I went back to give it a go. My FFB was better now! The dead center is gone BUT the car does turn to the right! This was just by completely deleting (I KEPT A BACKUP!!!! - ALWAYS KEEP BACKUPS!!!!) the RealFeelPlugin.ini.

--> After testing the new file you posted here, the FFB gets way too strong (I guess I can turn it a bit down from the settings) but the "turning right" problem persists!

Now, if you ignore the "turning right" the car is actually drivable. It feels as if the front right suspension is broken but you don't have time to pit in to fix it! :D

If you come up with any ideas tell them here so we might test them!

Thanks again!

ClimaxF1 updated Ferrari F40-Compitizione | 723hp/706Nm with a new update entry:

Steering corrected in hdv file and AMS ext. & interior shaders added

Hi Guys

Thanks to THYR308 for the tip on correcting the car pulling slightly to the right.

Update details:

- Steering corrected in hdv file
- AMS ext. & interior shaders added
- Changed values slightly

[FRONTLEFT]

PushrodSpindle=(-0.150, -0.150, 0.000)
PushrodBody=(-0.310, 0.320, 0.000)

[FRONTRIGHT]

PushrodSpindle=(0.150, -0.150, 0.000)
PushrodBody=(0.300, 0.320, 0.000)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Greetings ClimaxF1.
I'm glad to know that you're still active in AMS, this simulator still has many things to discover ...
Motorist 1, they have abandoned it too soon, since as I said before, Reiza still had enough work to develop, improve and update ...
I hope you are still working on AMS 1, thank you very much ClimaxF1

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back