Ferrari F40-Compitizione | 723hp/706Nm

Cars Ferrari F40-Compitizione | 723hp/706Nm v1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
I thought I would post this video here because there are three to five guys which have isolated issues and I have looked at just about every file to see if something was wrong and just cannot find anything that's obvious.

I've also spoken to several friends who all have different wheels or setups and none of these problems are present.

I still don't know what the solution could be but have started to think that there is a possiblity that something, or a setup is not right on your side, I could be wrong.

Last night I did a 30 lap race at Bathurst and what a race, fast, good feedback, constant overtaking and felt like I had just drank ten Red Bulls crossing the line.

Anyway back to the point, here's a video with a review.

His exact words are "what do I think about the mod, brilliant quite frankly, it's whole lot of power and you really can't ask more out of mod"

This does not mean I won't stop looking to see if there is a problem but ask that you make sure you have the mod installed properly and just check your settings for whatever setup you have.

If anyone does have a solution to help some of these guys please post any suggestions here in the support section, much appreciated and than you!

Last edited:
I would like to try something (regarding the problem with FFB) I don't know if it will work but here's the idea:

I have the issue with your F40 mod.
I DON'T have the issue with the Pagani Huayra R.

Can you tell me what the FFB files and filenames are in each one? I want to try to put the Huayra ffb file in the place of the F40 ffb file. Maybe it will help. And I will report back here my findings.

I found: Pagani_C9_Physics.hdv, Pagani_C9_Susp.pm, Pagani_C9_Tires.tbc
and in the F40: BPR_GT1_tyre.tbc, BPR_GT2_tyre.tbc, F40_Michelin_Slick.tbc, F40_Pirelli_Slick.tbc, F40_Susp.pm, Ferrari_F40_Tires.tbc, Pirelli.tbc
but I have no idea which ones are responsible for the FFB or if they will work if I just rename the one from Huayra and put it in the F40 folder. I'm willing to try though.

Thanks!

I would like to try something (regarding the problem with FFB) I don't know if it will work but here's the idea:

I have the issue with your F40 mod.
I DON'T have the issue with the Pagani Huayra R.

Can you tell me what the FFB files and filenames are in each one? I want to try to put the Huayra ffb file in the place of the F40 ffb file. Maybe it will help. And I will report back here my findings.

I found: Pagani_C9_Physics.hdv, Pagani_C9_Susp.pm, Pagani_C9_Tires.tbc
and in the F40: BPR_GT1_tyre.tbc, BPR_GT2_tyre.tbc, F40_Michelin_Slick.tbc, F40_Pirelli_Slick.tbc, F40_Susp.pm, Ferrari_F40_Tires.tbc, Pirelli.tbc
but I have no idea which ones are responsible for the FFB or if they will work if I just rename the one from Huayra and put it in the F40 folder. I'm willing to try though.

Thanks!
The FFB settings are located in the F40 upgrades file which are the same as any other mod and all the EEC GT3 cars, this what makes it strange is that the car is setup no differently to any other car.

As for the tires and suspension file you can't use a different car's setup, just doesn't work.

All forms part of the cars physics and makes no sense running a Pagani setup on a Ferrari.

Just further up I posted a review that was done recently and including myself nobody else has any issues, this is what makes it strange.
I wish I had answers but I don't know what to look for if it's not there if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
I just want to see if there will be a difference in the ffb if I make the change. I have no idea if it will work but maybe it will help pinpoint the problem. But there is no "upgrades" file in the Pagani. :(

What will happen if I delete the Ferrari_F40_Upgrades.ini and Ferrari_F40_Upgrades.gen?

As far as I can remember, none from the EEC GT3 cars had a similar issue. Will try to take a look on these too as well as the Ferrari_F40_Upgrades.ini to see if I can spot anything (going on pure luck here! :D )

It's funny because all of us with this problem have different wheels..

I just want to see if there will be a difference in the ffb if I make the change. I have no idea if it will work but maybe it will help pinpoint the problem. But there is no "upgrades" file in the Pagani. :(

What will happen if I delete the Ferrari_F40_Upgrades.ini and Ferrari_F40_Upgrades.gen?

As far as I can remember, none from the EEC GT3 cars had a similar issue. Will try to take a look on these too as well as the Ferrari_F40_Upgrades.ini to see if I can spot anything (going on pure luck here! :D )

It's funny because all of us with this problem have different wheels..
I don't think it's wheel related and why only four or five guys have this issue when several hundred downloads with no problems.

When I got the link for the YouTube video first thing I thought was here we go, the first complaint was going to be FFB.

His exact words are "what do I think about the mod, brilliant quite frankly, it's whole lot of power and you really can't ask more out of mod"

So this was a nice surprise to hear from someone independant.

The problem is this does not help me or you, why and what is what we need know.

I also don't think deleting files is answer, the F40LM_upgrades files doesn't just have the FFB settings but several other settings. You can't delete the gen file as this calls or controlls several properties of the car. Your gen file is basically like your captain, he calls out all the shots and things happen :)

The FFB settings are identical to all EEC GT3 cars so to me the problem is not with the upgrades file but could be a different issue.

To me the best solution is to Contact cebeuno , with my Golf MK1 mod there was as is with this mod and few that had ffb problems. From what I see and the feedback I had from others the problem was solved.

Try him first as he may have better insight on to how these files are setup or what would be required. @cebeuno

Here's a link to the post he did:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/volkswagen-golf-mk1-gti.159492/#post-2833196

Last edited:
Honestly don't know what the issue is on your side, there have being a few hundred downloads and nobody has this problem, tested it myself again and I have no problem so I don't know what to look for.
I've used this car with several different tracks now without any problems so I really don't understand how one person can have a different exsperience to other when the car files are all the same.
You would think that if there's a problem everyone would have the same issue but not with car this and is a bit frustating when you want to fix something but there's nothing to fix on my side.
I really wish I had a answer for you.
Maybe someone has a solution to this issue and hopefully it can be sorted on your side

I can only suggest that you delete the mod and try reinstalling it, I know some guys over at EEC had some issues with a mod and reinstalling it fresh sorted their problems out. If this will help I don't know but it's worth a try.

Did that already, and thx for the reply btw. Tried again on different track, but same issue everywhere... Hm...?! Out of ideas what else to tinker with. Too bad, but thx anyway!

Did that already, and thx for the reply btw. Tried again on different track, but same issue everywhere... Hm...?! Out of ideas what else to tinker with. Too bad, but thx anyway!
I really wish I could help but it's very difficult so spot something that's no there on my side.

So far you are the only one (I think) who has reported a problem with the car steering to one side and this I actually don't know what could be the cause unless there was some obvious or incorrect with the files but the I would have the same problem.

If you have a look at this video review you will see that from the word go the car bahaves normal as it should.

I can only hope that someone else reading this has a solution that could help you.

For those few that have FFB issue's, as suggested in the above post, that they should try contact Cebeuno.

Here's a pic from the YouTube video and the mirror is mounted on the window as it's supposed be.
I've watched this video twice now and the mirror does not change from it's mounted position on the window.
I'm only trying to understand if there is a problem and don't see anything wrong with it.

-9AD2YtfSl5VTpunGAhVLkRmLvtfiruzB-15JiihZ5lUqvhn3e59kPi0Tv5Hyjk5-Vy7NHOFm9c2sp5WnYIBggIPIk-z6zvBCvuSKtvQbygi49quvoYJvBumNgS58z6809VoJV1gIs5vW-kQzwHK6hxbzbZ02wkbo97ZxuluUGCEdctHl9Z1htUAmm4Xpav3JZ8MDScz_n8JByfFyhEzKCfqkVmTAXQy9mMoAT3LzOw8djKVuPhKhMuZyb8_5gOzTNQ4YtFzoQkk3799fNh5QgK7zERyBffUer4MqLwZmxI8vWWYFTkpL7Ahg4oLMmJIhz1onaAST4r4PUEJ76FjXxlE7kHl4kx1geG5yKawvxcB35FG_ZAacACZku66mUa5kXQIQaL4XNLBrL2fMRzfbwTMf51AgOTZxSeKwTBYfIci4RMVg7RLeJD3JTLlh6XkBj9Khrk4ya0QNIUkTKfhkpjX-HByfXopclZ46I2ZByxApv7kc0YfbV498oocKWVXIHZ5vL6NtZ9hAy2wvSCCrWYfjAQ8iXVMVNIK-5Lz39GH5MxuPGluKk0NV1OqnmUR6aGgjByXuZRNtz95GTOFEVgsins9xeimWbk-S9D65gQ8bd0VXL51GEIyTYMa5-trL8hynv_gEdarbVc1iesvIKSVpg=w972-h541-no
Cv6mnKMITJ538HlOws8pZhfV7-SyproyrEu9QVd91wmzLf5F0WdI01z293k31WxHqSwy0tXx2jNOg2bfEC5VcTVpNAUt1XjRXn_aTtZlp0uCaYotKbysNYAVYepuMcP9La36SqNloFPjDlHQdj7qxscluIsk2cG9by1zslj1TnhbAeI1szk6IYgd_1xjZPvYR9umwdjzm35iN5-C2LwvAVzD7py0OkdHRxbJ-6We3SeApLny8ZBN9EezY30XOt9FqS33QxAjlq1UGb0IeAJ2oVwhtFcgwIaEns8wNBpeXvvklmxAwtOtjP7OM2NEgOx7gvO06ieE-B26JeRo8SaAoS3O7KS-1N-RhXOpZKx4sjy6iiUHQDcwe0b5U1sQSkQcHx-GB4h_otLttCaiP19KuFscIwggHBSmFLIhUJJw60N1TTCAMjqQN4lUxxB5cWCty1eJkTeu-dJlQhxyHzmCoEvjF3f5ShDRJg9Ee_S_xt-VyMrByMvn5g7FAvcGOxGx6lL97Ymn7ceZvrvpI7m0WOmQxBfE977PY20zgliyg3BLcDAw32BTGGnRLyO7nsyjoeuwHJdv_4t_DtCaWfNIY2oGBDe-H2h00LDgek6PymIGYO-1HNrsChOve5-qvlbkGGAnIlQaOcCC50cTtGs0HKwuUw=w673-h384-no

Here's a pic from the Assetto mod and the window is also mounted on the window, looks like it's floating but is definetily mounted where it should be.
20171012160540_1-jpg.216328

Send me a mail with a pic if you see something different so that we don't keep repeating ourselves here in the support section.

I finally get it. I see the mirror is attached to clear glass window, which makes it look like it is floating in midair. Odd to me, but yes it appears to be correct. Still looks strange (I will pull my head in :) )

Just popping by to confirm the pulling to the right issue.

The car is fine when completely stationary but any amount of acceleration and the wheel will pull to the right. I have low force boost at 40% (as recommended) so maybe the issue is exaggerated for those who run weaker wheels and need a bit more boost?

T300 for reference.

Also, I noticed there were files placed in the shared files folders. To the best of my knowledge it is strongly advised you don't put anything in there as it can cause issues with the game. Most, if not all the shaders in those additional files, are already present in the coreshaders.mas or could be added to the vehicles folder.

I didn't install the additional files and cars seemed to load, although there may be missing textures and shaders. I'm guessing you can pack those in one of the .mas' in the vehicle directory.

The car is fine when completely stationary but any amount of acceleration and the wheel will pull to the right. I have low force boost at 40% (as recommended) so maybe the issue is exaggerated for those who run weaker wheels and need a bit more boost?

T300 for reference.

Also, I noticed there were files placed in the shared files folders. To the best of my knowledge it is strongly advised you don't put anything in there as it can cause issues with the game. Most, if not all the shaders in those additional files, are already present in the coreshaders.mas or could be added to the vehicles folder.

I didn't install the additional files and cars seemed to load, although there may be missing textures and shaders. I'm guessing you can pack those in one of the .mas' in the vehicle directory.
As with the steering I can't really you help because you are the only one that has reported this problem. From my side I cannot change something that's not broken.
Having files in the shared folder has no conflict with the game as long as the files are properly assigned which they are.
From my side I will not be making any further updates to this mod as I have already moved on to other projects.
Based on the reviews I have recieved I think the mod is fine as is now and if any good suggestions are presented I would be happy to make a update.
Hope you have fun with the mod and appreciate the feedback.

As with the steering I can't really you help because you are the only one that has reported this problem. From my side I cannot change something that's not broken.

You keep saying this, but I'm not the only one with the problem. The reason I tested this was exactly because others have reported a problem. I'm confirming there does indeed seem to be an issue where the car will steer to the right upon acceleration.

I've had a nosey 'round the files and tried a few things but can't seem to get rid of it. It does not appear in any of the other stock content I've tested. If I find a solution I'll post it up here.

You keep saying this, but I'm not the only one with the problem. The reason I tested this was exactly because others have reported a problem. I'm confirming there does indeed seem to be an issue where the car will steer to the right upon acceleration.

I've had a nosey 'round the files and tried a few things but can't seem to get rid of it. It does not appear in any of the other stock content I've tested. If I find a solution I'll post it up here.
Those few that posted here were FFB related and I have recommended that they try contact Cebeuno to see if he may have a solution.

As for the car steering to one side you are the only person who has reported this and as much as I would love to help I honestly don't know what is the cause on your side.

Watch this guys YouTube video review and the car behaves the way it should.

I hope you come right and if you find a solution to your problem you are more than welcome to post it here in the support.

As for the car steering to one side you are the only person who has reported this and as much as I would love to help I honestly don't know what is the cause on your side.

Sorry to drag this out, but again, no I'm not the only one who has reported this. In this very thread...

• The car almost steers itself out of the pit garage, so something is amiss that goes beyond the usual simple caster adjustment

I have got the problem, that with caster at max, the car pulling to the right.

Hi there, same problem here, steering just pulls to the right straight out of the pits...

You even replied to an earlier user with this...

Just it to make sure on my side with a quick test and hands off the sttering the car is as straight as an arrow, no problems from side...

If no-one had reported the problem why where you testing for it :p

I gave the mod a test drive specifically to see if I could detect any of the issues reported after I'd tried to help one user but they were still having issues.

If you're stumped as to how to fix it, that's fine. It's incredibly difficult to troubleshoot an issue you can't replicate, but there is an issue that can be replicated by others. Unless people share their issues we can't even start to get them addressed. And identifying a potential issue will make your future mods (and others') even better, assuming the fix can be applied at the source.

You, as the author, need to be open to the idea that an issue exists in order to fix it, if you can. That requires taking on-board positive and negative feedback. For example, the youtube vid you keep posting does suggest that the reason they were driving a private session was that the AI was undriveable when they tried to setup a race round Imola. So whilst it's full of praise, it also offers areas in which the mod could be better. The comments section also suggests at least one user with FFB issues and another saying the car looks bouncy (which are two criticisms repeated on this thread).

If the issue is on our end, we still need to share this stuff in the feedback thread if we are to collectively find solutions.

Giving feedback (about feedback :D) in a feedback thread is not trying to take away the effort you've already put into the mod. If we've all popped in to slag off your work we could have simply left a 1 star review and left the review 'FFB sucks'. No-one has done that. Please don't take it as an attack on your efforts.

Firstly @CMGARAGE there's not one instance where I would ignore or not try to help with any of my mods.

Suggesting "If no-one had reported the problem why where you testing for it :p" as if I have deined any fault reports is a bit misleading. If I have misunderstood what you are trying to say then I apologize in advance.

I think I'm one of the few guys that responds to any support query, good or bad, mails sent to me and even try to always respond to my reviews asap.

I really try to do my best not only with the initial upload but to take any feedback and turn it into something positive. This is why I state and welcome with all my uploads to please use the support section for any feedback, problems and suggestions.

Many times updates are not only just done by me but together with the community and I will also always give credit to that person. This is very much appreciated by me and helps everbody in the end.

I do these uploads so that we can all share mods and being able to learn from each other and do agree with you can only make future uploads better for all of us.

With this one and please understand where I'm coming from, I have sent out many personal mails asking the same questions and nobody has come back to me with this steering issue, several hundred downloads so far and only 4 have reported this problem.
On my side I have checked every file high and low to see if anything can be changed and just do not see any errors.
I've tested the car with two different wheels and a controller, different car setups on different tracks and cannot pick up anything wrong.

Only 0.8% of all downloads have this issue, why I don't know.

Does this suggest that the ussue could be on your side I also don't know.

Trying to find a possible problem when 99.2% of the downloads including myself are happy is a extremely difficult task.

How do you find something when it's not happening to you? Put yourself in my shoes and look for something that's not there.

As the for one guy talking about the car being a bit bouncy then that's what you should expect from any F40 racing car.

Was just looking at a vid the other day to make some comparisons and one thing this car is not and that's easy to handle.

It's very much bouncy with a stiff suspension setup.

As for the AI I would have to agree that one can always make improvements, this car is very good on certain tracks but probably one like Imola with a tight first corner I can imagine the car being a bit aggressive there. I've only tested the car with tracks like Spa, Barcelona, Nurburgring and other similar tracks.

Unfortunetely AI is something I have no understanding about so have to rely on the original mod.

Sometimes and I have made AI updates with other mods but this has always come from someone else.

I hope somebody has a solution or knows where to start to help you guys.

From my side I'm stuck and just can't find anything.

If anyone has any idea please continue to use the support section and hopefully there will be a anwser for you guys soon.

Best regards

ClimaxF1

Last edited:
So to bring your numbers of customers down having no problems. (I just think they just don’t care, or gave up reading your comments)

My wheel pulls to the right for no apparent reason, and yes, it feels kinda reversed ffb, which it isn’t...
And yes, the wheel goes light where it shouldn’t, and give resistance in awe places...

To summ it up, I have every problem described here...

With you telling everything is fine, I just uninstalled it.

ClimaxF1 updated Ferrari F40-Compitizione | 723hp/706Nm with a new update entry:

AI Update

Hi Guys

In this update there's a complete new setup for the AI.

Most recently there was a review on YouTube which was very good except for one issue the guy had, first corner problems at Imola.

I'm pretty decent with open wheelers around Imola but seem to struggle with other cars around there so I never tried this beast there.

On the tracks that I did test the car I had pretty decent races with out any real problems and was happy with the AI.

Well I decided to give Imola a try and no go...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just wanted to chime in and confirm that the wheel is pulling to the right for me as well. I've been having this when I was running 40% low force boost on my G25, and now that I've upped that to 80% for other mods (as is recommended for this wheel) it seems even worse.

Unfortunately I don't have any idea as to what could actually cause it. Maybe some sort of underlying geometry issue? It would seem there is something asymmetrical that shouldn't be.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back