Ferrari F40-Compitizione | 723hp/706Nm

Cars Ferrari F40-Compitizione | 723hp/706Nm v1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
ClimaxF1 submitted a new resource:

Ferrari F40-Compitizione - Complete Mod with Skin Pack

Hi Guys

Here we have another Rfactor conversion by myself which I finally had the time to finish.

I really wish I could thank someone for this car but no author has being mentioned and I've tried looking on other sites too.

Skins are from a skin pack for the Assetto Mod that I have used for this conversion.

If this is your car mod or if any of the skins in this pack are yours please send me a personal mail so that I can give credits to the right people, thank you!

Update...

Read more about this resource...

ClimaxF1 updated Ferrari F40-Compitizione - 723hp/706Nm with a new update entry:

AI behaviour and steeringlock update

Hi Guys

Sorry to update so quickly, just noticed after a quick race that I could improve some settings.

Update details:

- AIForcePassCarLength & AIPassLatScalar settings added
- Increased the steeringlock setting to 15.

If you have already downloaded the mod you can download the fix hear so that you don't have to download the mod again.

File download size: 9.5kb...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great work but if you can take on requests, is it possible to have the rarer (7) F40 CSAI-GT that retained the same body as the road cars and used in the Italian GT series and the even more rarer (5) F40 GTE, used in the BPR series and how possible is it to get the templates
To be honest I don't have any plans on making any other changes to the mod other than adding the last liveries to the pack. Have other projects that I would like to finish before I look at anything new.
As for templates there aren't any that I have seeing, I used a existing skin and just worked over it.
Not ideal but it does the job.
This is what the original skin looks like in the mod, not much at all.
Vzg7wbAcoScLop0_oxHh3EFJ_KGn3oPTrLS6zB8FKCAg7hf1g_B6-l8E1HFBAF2YqymwUu8D1NfWqYEHwsDRSjgLpVU1d9QDbO7lWnD0Y8o0VM8y0lAXMiLeJ-xX_TZlPS7uJZb4IVa30HRLCZ6jxDnmJWgjO22YxhhnR2jWIG-ol4-QAQbgHKJOrifJ448lgC9Fe6tRuWxjEKTZPg2FmvnUInA5uWrfFj4t2CHe8RfpbMxhHflPRdlDOSZ-Bg58qKbE_pngyNaf8senJhsxU1a9rUgC4jtDEbchz4Zyg6awNmK0x6Hl_qW0jiWese0jbri67_GgL1B4cbQJcKfkTzr2e555cRgmbAZVya8Wx_R6ZNejrVZ42VJlDfxlB3MKE3gjlg_-m61YJb0w1-zZWkp178x7_Rqx7F8z3V_m9pcuIfqUw-Npf-jhpOitFZ8crNZaVf0Siq8x6-SvzKpeDzxbqJzb0FKJs1tfrzBZD30dmaq3GBrQUgBi6llQb7SqXn7ZNvHb8XTNVZderi8fQDCgrqYgHf7jAKBqrRpenKujy6KQhLINNME1dGCSydAEna2z8L-TAtDqS5q_MNW8QVVEywVeAwWgJQMLqu9bzrJ0ec2ab4W-o91Cm6xWOO0PgrXhvSsx1RJ9jK-z8R8Or1ICLg=s664-no

Sometimes certain models are the same as Assetto so I looked for the different models available and got lucky with some skins, still a lot of work to convert them with some fixes but they do work.
If one could trace the original mod I am sure that there are more files, those that I did find are not active or the files have being deleted.

Last edited:
ClimaxF1 updated Ferrari F40-Compitizione | 723hp/706Nm with a new update entry:

New liveries added and some minor file tweaks

Hi Guys

Update details:

- Five more liveries added to the grid
- Some minor tweaks to the hdv file

If you have a previous version of this mod just copy over the full folder and allow to overwrite. This way you are sure to have all updates done.

View attachment 276824 View attachment 276825 View attachment 276826 View attachment 276827 View attachment 276828

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sorry, i'm confused. I installed the files and tried to select the "realfeel" option in the showroom but the ffb is non-existent. It mentions that there is a file to download in the base directory, but I don't see it in the download package.

It feels like the ffb is inverted almost. On high speed turns there's almost no ffb. On low speed turns I get a little bit of feeling but not much. Seems very harsh with a massive light spot in the middle. Must be doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Sorry, i'm confused. I installed the files and tried to select the "realfeel" option in the showroom but the ffb is non-existent. It mentions that there is a file to download in the base directory, but I don't see it in the download package.

It feels like the ffb is inverted. Is there a way to fix that?
Where does it mention that you have to download in the base directory, I have not mentioned this on my page.
As for the FFB try other settings in the showroom to see if they work first.
Otherwise you can change the realfeel settings in the main realfeal doc in the AMS main directory folder. Should be the last entry if this is the last mod you installed.

Thanks for the quick reply. In the Showroom under "FFB", if you select RealFeel (installed) the following message appears..."Requires the RealFeel plugin. For best effect also use the LeoFFB plugin. See the 'F40 Plugins'.

I'm not sure what that sentence means and if it is causing the issue. I have the realfeel file present in the directory and I can see the last entry is F40 with the following values.

[F40 L]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2500.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=3
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000

All other cars in the game feel great including the CART mod and 911R mod. For some reason the FFB is odd here.

I'm not sure what that sentence means and if it is causing the issue. I have the realfeel file present in the directory and I can see the last entry is F40 with the following values.

[F40 L]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2500.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=3
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000

All other cars in the game feel great including the CART mod and 911R mod. For some reason the FFB is odd here.

It sounds like your FFB is inverted. Try changing the value of the MaxForce to a positive number e.g
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=2500.000000

There is also realfeel shortcuts using right Ctrl + num pad keys to change this on the fly.

AMS defaults mods to a set steering force (which is the same as the Stock V8s) which is -2500. Some mods require this to be a positive value. It also means most mods have less than optimal FFB, but are great when set up properly.

Was going to suggest the same, try playing with MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2500.000000 settings. Try 2500 instead of -2500

Try the other settings in the showroom also to see if they work.
I can always give you a seperate upgrades file and that may solve the problem but first try these options.
I never really understand and even with other mods I have uploaded, where hundreds of people will have and then a handful don't.

I do know with one of my other mods that it was a perticular wheel that was the problem but we did manage to solve the problem with everyone eventually.

Let us know what happens.

Greetings and good work.
The mod is quite good, but there is a paramount detail that should be corrected, and that is that the body is not deformed when hitting.
Thanks for the job.

Greetings and good work.
The mod is quite good, but there is a paramount detail that should be corrected, and that is that the body is not deformed when hitting.
Thanks for the job.
I have no idea what you are trying to say, sorry!

You will have to try explain yourself better.

Great mod--love the sounds, especially. Some areas that need improvement:
  • I have the same wonky FFB as @tlsmikey
    • The car almost steers itself out of the pit garage, so something is amiss that goes beyond the usual simple caster adjustment
    • I lowered the Realfeel to 2000 (to make steering stronger, but it doesn't fix the fundamental problem
  • The cockpit seating position is too high. Have to lower it to -8 to get the same level as other cars at 0. This wouldn't be a big deal, except AMS does not support car-specific cockpit cam settings. Please lower by 8.
  • The cockpit mirror and the virtual mirror are very low resolution (lower than Reiza cars)
  • Needs a physics expert...which will likely fix the steering issue, too. The car is very skittish over bumps (so are others, so not an issue in and of itself), but the default set-up is already at the lowest spring rate.

Great mod--love the sounds, especially. Some areas that need improvement:
  • I have the same wonky FFB as @tlsmikey
    • The car almost steers itself out of the pit garage, so something is amiss that goes beyond the usual simple caster adjustment
    • I lowered the Realfeel to 2000 (to make steering stronger, but it doesn't fix the fundamental problem
  • The cockpit seating position is too high. Have to lower it to -8 to get the same level as other cars at 0. This wouldn't be a big deal, except AMS does not support car-specific cockpit cam settings. Please lower by 8.
  • The cockpit mirror and the virtual mirror are very low resolution (lower than Reiza cars)
  • Needs a physics expert...which will likely fix the steering issue, too. The car is very skittish over bumps (so are others, so not an issue in and of itself), but the default set-up is already at the lowest spring rate.
To be honest other than the skins that I just uploaded I don't see myself spending more time on this mod, just not worth it.

The car is just too old and would take up way too much time for the amount of downloads.

Most of these settings you should be able to set to your liking, it's not difficult to make adjustments to the cam files and some of the other one's mentioned.

I do this all the time with just about every car.

iy6GEtumCYchWHE11Qy4llKVvm24XQeCAfL7LkOPWFq0F9ki6VIgmkZoUVcjXSrQZbCnd8NwxJQb-CVjipLVMq9Aw1hcDb55PMKeIpNN4C9XB4EYSMbdXibxSMQ8ZhoL9wUzlmVcfN0lssY2fcW6SLuv33zZFvaxLArIP3ljMX_K--6qA1-ocl6CQ2FENIgLcQj_rv6x6UgZ5pzGwQas74kulDdlTpiC-C_TwkiygCgaPTyQ1fCZ-EQyTMLf0mpKvaQWKDQdkfaq8NaRcdn6Dx96SFXEAlob_9qh6dKN_KAHgYi8zJxlvH6w6eukG0so0TUjRjWgx0KMYajKnTRvn7bMczoTBwOEY8T5FKA8m-zRh_kyD3UetHpDu9K8-wGQQMpmqqNj8fqJNjd-MVU-FtJXiLwA8kXhTIkGzRUhUscvFwAu5PGvDrz-Afl-eurmumHE7ro7wt45iiBngc4oM-hFSCi_3ryZLAasMhGv_vylMZhbUjWNuwRpBtwh686PV4p80Kc1fKC8dtf34-_7T0NQTvy3havaCqgvxMcOMdY1S7sC15PoJ6lJR57gj-4X58w47Px9omcaLd4qGDtJYudP5TUhAPaGO2bc5sBQ75JCzjt90BhyTUmeSUldpCq8n5Ls6IjW7Deu5xCIU0Do6v8B8A=w418-h73-no

You can also assign your keyboard to control your seat up or down. This works with any car.
This screen shot was taken at -10 which means that you can go -100 or +100, all depends how much you want it set to.

ferrari_f40_compitizione_ams_5-jpg.276670

Must also remember I'm no expert or a modder, most my work is graphical or sound related, so when it comes to changing the mirror resolution or some of the other things mentioned I wouldn't even know where to start.

You can use the "I" button with any car to exit the pits and deactivate the AI with the same keyboard button before exting the pits to take over control again.

If someone has the time, the knowledge and wants to help, I would be happy to add any updates if they improve the car.

Last edited:
I tried reversing the signs as suggested. No change other than it reversed the FFB.

So weird. I have an Accuforce, but i don't have issues with any other cars. Really wish i could get this to work.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back