Ferrari F40-Compitizione | 723hp/706Nm

Cars Ferrari F40-Compitizione | 723hp/706Nm v1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Greetings ClimaxF1.
I'm glad to know that you're still active in AMS, this simulator still has many things to discover ...
Motorist 1, they have abandoned it too soon, since as I said before, Reiza still had enough work to develop, improve and update ...
I hope you are still working on AMS 1, thank you very much ClimaxF1
When I have time it's always nice to get back in it.

This car drives super well at Kyalami.

Check out my latest Kyalami update track over at EEC.

This is quite rare, I have no FFB. Tried your .susp from googledrive, nothing, even I just tried others, edit some vars on hdv, and nothing :p. This is a very cryptic mod (I guess this comes directly from rfactor, right?)

Checking HDV, you have this:

LeftCasterRange=(-0.0, 0.25, 29) // front-left caster
LeftCasterSetting=10
RightCasterRange=(-0.0, 0.25, 29) // front-right caster
RightCasterSetting=10

It's impossible to have rolling resistance in FFB with these -0.0, I don't understand how ffb could work, but some people have it, I'm totally lost :p

This is quite rare, I have no FFB. Tried your .susp from googledrive, nothing, even I just tried others, edit some vars on hdv, and nothing :p. This is a very cryptic mod (I guess this comes directly from rfactor, right?)

LeftCasterSetting=10
RightCasterSetting=10

It's impossible to have rolling resistance in FFB with these -0.0, I don't understand how ffb could work, but some people have it, I'm totally lost :p
Those who were having FFB problems were sorted out as far as I can remember the last feedback until now.
This was a small update thanks to one of the guys who left a review.
Just did a race around Kyalami and car is perfect on my side.
This was probably my last update for AMS.

Thanks Climax and @THYR308 for sticking with this and fixing the pulling issue. Your corrections appear to have fixed it from my brief tests. :)

LeftCasterSetting=10
RightCasterSetting=10

FFB is working for me without any tinkering. I haven't installed the optional suspension file this time, though. Interestingly, the 'Realfeel' option in the cars upgrades should change the FFB multi to 0, which was causing mods to lose feedback when Reiza made a change with the last patch concerning DD wheel users IIRC.

With regards to the caster settings, I hope I'm not stating the obvious, but the caster is not set by default to -0.0, it's set to 2.5 (at least in the garage).

Hi,
Three days ago, I submitted a post on the subject of improvements of the F40 Mod, and also a Google drive link to test it.
The post no longer exists.
Would someone know if it was deleted, and why?
Regards

Last edited:
Hi,
Three days ago, I submitted a post on the subject of improvements of the F40 Mod, and also a Google drive link to test it.
The post no longer exists.
Would someone now if it was deleted, and why?
Regards
From my side I cannot delete anything, I didn't even know of the post.

I've had posts deleted in the past when posting external links, only thing I can think of.

Hi ClimaxF1, I paste here my previous post.
I will make a 2nd post with the link.

Hi ClimaxF1, (sorry for my english : I’m french ;-)

I updated your F40 Mod.

I have already made my own versions from rFactor Ferrari’s 288GTO, F40(GT GTE LM), Enzo, F50GT, FXX.
My F40LM is a little bit different but both are very good to drive.

First I intended to add just one demo car, then I updated all cars.

- Engine : 500 and 600hp (file 500 was the same as file 700) engines deleted.
According to internet, the F40 Competizione had between 700 and 900hp engine.
The engine’s choice (723/900) is in the showroom.

- Tire : added in tbc file : AMS FlapSpot command, and setting hdv file :
[GENERAL]
FlatspotHeadShake=0.012
FlatspotForceFeedback=0.00012

Wet Compound deleted.
Hdv file setting : Option Compound as 1st choice.

- Shifter Style : AMS Advanced Transmission option added in Showroom.

- SFX : Fix too short EngineStart. Tiny increase IdleEngine, TireScrub, decrease SpeedLimiterToogle.
RoadNoise was too weak, so I added Windnoise with the same file. This way is more graduated instead of increase RoadNoise.

- Steering Range : 360-900°/ 18-36°. Defaut 720/26.

- Everybody knows the Jacques Laffite's F40LM drive test on youtube.
This engine sound existed for an F40LM version of rFactor. I wanted to add an option in the Showroom, but it didn't work. So I added a car (J Laffite) in the Art Sport team (his 1990 team).

- I reorganized the showroom options menu.

To avoid conflicts with my own LM, I renamed your F40 to F40C. The folders, the srs, the description in the veh files (Realfeel: [F40C]).

This version can be installed without overwriting the previous one. Yellow F40 tga file.

All unnecessary files deleted.

Enjoy and tell me what you think about it !

=> second post with link

Last edited:
Since other day I have made a new update.ini.
Gearbox and Shifting Style are in same option.
Both .ini are in folder.

[MOD EDIT: please upload your ressource here in the download area if you want to share something (make sure you have the proper autorization to do so). Please do not post links to outside ressources, we can not monitor them or make sure they remain available. Thank you.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lien envoyé en conversation privée à ClimaxF1 et à Skylineforever.
Thanks for the link, unfortunately I'm on holiday so there's no way for me to test or work on anything.

I also don't see myself having much time in the new year for games/sims as work is a priority.

I'm sure anyone wanting to try different settings can contact you directly.

If he credits yourself and the original authors correctly, can he not release his own version alongside yours?

It seems the reason his files were deleted were simply because RD can't 'monitor' them as external links (which is a bit odd considering all the other external links haven't).

Something like the turbo or physics mods for CART Extreme.

I know a few people would appreciate stuff like the manual gearbox etc.

If he credits yourself and the original authors correctly, can he not release his own version alongside yours?

It seems the reason his files were deleted were simply because RD can't 'monitor' them as external links (which is a bit odd considering all the other external links haven't).

Something like the turbo or physics mods for CART Extreme.

I know a few people would appreciate stuff like the manual gearbox etc.
I don't have a problem if he releases alternative download as long as my stuff is not in it.
They do it all the time so should be fine.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.