Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1663865061047-png.602325

TVR_Griffith_200_at_Brands_Hatch.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

For our 4th race we're staying in Germany to go racing on the Feldbergring.

The Feldbergring is located in the Taunus mountain region. The circuit is 11.6 km long and consists of public roads, with an altitude difference of 280 m.

The track has a nice flow with demanding fast corners but also some very tricky tight corners. Especially the left handler at the church in the village of Oberreifenberg and the last bend before the long straight are notorious. You better get used to eating straw!

1668544792760.png

If you're interested, you can sign up for the championship here:

IF THE KNOWN S.GP BUG APPEARS (all cars disappear when the lights go out), please don't do anything. The host will restart the session in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME.

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week) Password: The same as last week. If you don't know, send me a PM.
  • Race server: S.GP Password: The same as last week. If you don't know, send me a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (20:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Ferrari 250GTO/TVR Griffith 200
  • Track: Deutschlandring, Germany.
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 70%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Great pics, Hank. Thanks!
I knew from David that the cobblestones weren't there anymore but it's still very recognizable.
Is one of them the dreadful last corner (no strawbails now)?

Last edited:
Ok. Let's not miss another opportunity.
Anyone living in the vicinity of Solitude?
Someone already beat you to it, Han :D

1669129893282.png

Another David (what a great name :laugh: ) has already been in touch about reference photos of Solitude, and kindly recorded some POV video footage for me. Solitude should end up being my most accurate track yet, with a 3D scan of the entire circuit being provided by someone else, plus David's photos and video. All I need now is some time to work on it :cry:

Thanks for the race offer tonight, Han. Unfortunately, evenings are now 'work time' too, and I'm not even sure I could manage a 1 hour race, if I'm honest - I'm so out of practice.

really need to change my entire setup(but i feel boring to test things) in this race every time i was pushing the gas above 50% my car was trying to kill me even on fast corner was scary .i was lucky Reik did some error otherwise was a mission 90% impossible to catch him . anyway in both race's Mx5's/Abarths and Tvr/Gto the leader lost the lead in the same corner for the same incident.

So glad to see @Fat-Alfie racing with us and being quite fast for the few laps he must have done! All the tracks have been designed by him, an absolute wonder!!

I've enjoyed the race as always. Unfortunately, a cold in the last two days has impeded me to practice decently, so in the end I only did few laps last week to remember the track basically and some more this afternoon after work. Enough to know the trackand the car but not enough to get confident and compete for top5 of course and lucky if I'm better than p10 (sorry for Dennis Betty; disconnected?). With more practice, I think this time I would have been doing 31 consistently like Steve Hayward (another great job, mate!).
I realized during the race that I had 1-2 seconds in my pocket but I didn't dare at a couple of specific turns. Anyway, I had already made two big mistakes (sorry for my rejoin, I wanted not to disturb but it ended up the opposite). Those mistakes were due to distractions for having too much gap in front and behind, they cost me 30 seconds in total. I didn't lose any position in the end but I think I could have been fighting with Jorge Gonzaga very closely for p8.

Thanks to Ernie Wright (superb race,boss !!!) and Steve Hayward for helping me with setups after last GP, I feel for this GP I've configured a decent setup taking advantage of your tips ;)

Thanks Han Fazzi as always for your love organizing this, you're great!

PD: Have I seen 4:24 as fastest lap in the race? I must be dreaming... Hahaha

Last edited:
Easy race for me, Reik and Fulvio were always going to do me over.:roflmao::roflmao: So it was just that I had to worry about, or should I say not worry about.
Their pit stops kept me following for most of the race, so I was not alone. if I did not do any thing Silly, which I did of course.:unsure: But others seem to be copying me , so in the end all was cancelled out.
Well done podiums and Han for organising it all.
One last note, if I had managed to stay on the track, some hope:confused:, I would have been in with a small chance, but it would have meant Reik and Fulvio punting each other off on the last lap.
Oh well, dream on.
87E692D4-3ED8-443C-8CC6-F11376CF5C5A.jpeg

Last edited:
So glad to see @Fat-Alfie racing with us and being quite fast for the few laps he must have done! All the tracks have been designed by him, an absolute wonder!!

I've enjoyed the race as always. Unfortunately, a cold in the last two days has impeded me to practice decently, so in the end I only did few laps last week to remember the track basically and some more this afternoon after work. Enough to know the trackand the car but not enough to get confident and compete for top5 of course and lucky if I'm better than p10 (sorry for Dennis Betty; disconnected?). With more practice, I think this time I would have been doing 31 consistently like Steve Hayward (another great job, mate!).
I realized during the race that I had 1-2 seconds in my pocket but I didn't dare at a couple of specific turns. Anyway, I had already made two big mistakes (sorry for my rejoin, I wanted not to disturb but it ended up the opposite). Those mistakes were due to distractions for having too much gap in front and behind, they cost me 30 seconds in total. I didn't lose any position in the end but I think I could have been fighting with Jorge Gonzaga very closely for p8.

Thanks to Ernie Wright (superb race,boss !!!) and Steve Hayward for helping me with setups after last GP, I feel for this GP I've configured a decent setup taking advantage of your tips ;)

So that's it, satisfied because with my short practice time I've done a decent job despite those two big mistakes. But a bit disappointed that I couldn't practice more because I know I would have been in 31s, I'm sure.

Thanks Han Fazzi as always for your love organizing this, you're great!

PD: Have I seen 4:24 as fastest lap in the race? I must be dreaming... Hahaha
Yes very cool seeing the creator of the track joining the race out from nowhere :D

Amazing experience guys
I absolutely love these cars and that last section of the track doing it flat out.
It was really promising the fight for 4th place in the first half of the race. I was keeping up with Hank and our times were so similar but Richard (I think) was not letting go either.
Very naively I decided to swap tires because I felt the car was loosing grip and I did not want to risk a spin but ended up loosing a lot of time and threw me to 9th.
I would love to see the replay of Fulvio and Reik’s laps to see how they pull a 4:24!!!
So much to learn :)

You need the tyre app, ( Pro tyres ) it tells you how many laps they last. If I remember it was
:-
9 laps high grip, 20 laps mediums grip, 31 laps low. 42 laps end of life.
I invariably find that I start to loose time near the end of low grip.
So you had 27 competitive laps left in your tyres, but only, I think , 15 laps in the race.
:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back