AC FAT-ALFIE CHAMPIONSHIP CLASSIC race#4@Feldbergring, Tue 22 November 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Amazing experience guys
I absolutely love these cars and that last section of the track doing it flat out.
It was really promising the fight for 4th place in the first half of the race. I was keeping up with Hank and our times were so similar but Richard (I think) was not letting go either.
Very naively I decided to swap tires because I felt the car was loosing grip and I did not want to risk a spin but ended up loosing a lot of time and threw me to 9th.
I would love to see the replay of Fulvio and Reik’s laps to see how they pull a 4:24!!!
So much to learn :)
Glad you liked it, Jorge.

You're not exactly a rookie as we all have seen :thumbsup: . You fitted in nicely. I hope we will see you again.

You need the tyre app, ( Pro tyres ) it tells you how many laps they last. If I remember it was
:-
9 laps high grip, 20 laps mediums grip, 31 laps low. 42 laps end of life.
I invariably find that I start to loose time near the end of low grip.
So you had 27 competitive laps left in your tyres, but only, I think , 15 laps in the race.
:)
i know, I noticed after no one changed tires that I made a mistake.

I know it’s not ideal if I want to get better but I am keen on having all the HUD disabled. I’m racing with VR and I want it to be as close to the real thing, so I’m trying to avoid having any apps or assists. My only help was the fuel gauge and the temp gauge as I maxed the limiter :)

Also kudos to Fat Alfie, this track in VR is amazing, the depth of the hill and downhills gives me vertigo and a crunch in the stomach :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the race last night, guys. I had a lot of fun. I also made a lot of mistakes, and I'm really sorry to the driver of the yellow car I hit just after the S/F line - I think it was Colin.

I intended to start last and just drive around for an hour, keeping out of everyone else's way. This mostly went to plan, but I did have a great few laps when I was able to keep up with a couple of you (until I spun out or clipped a fence). The hour went very quickly, which surprised me, but I felt exhausted by the end of the race. Hats off to you all, if you do this week in, week out.

Anyway, thanks again, and I'm sorry if I got in anyone else's way, or caused them to crash.

If I'm welcome back, I'd love to join you again, at the Battenbergring in 2 weeks time!

Thanks for the race last night, guys. I had a lot of fun. I also made a lot of mistakes, and I'm really sorry to the driver of the yellow car I hit just after the S/F line - I think it was Colin.

I intended to start last and just drive around for an hour, keeping out of everyone else's way. This mostly went to plan, but I did have a great few laps when I was able to keep up with a couple of you (until I spun out or clipped a fence). The hour went very quickly, which surprised me, but I felt exhausted by the end of the race. Hats off to you all, if you do this week in, week out.

Anyway, thanks again, and I'm sorry if I got in anyone else's way, or caused them to crash.

If I'm welcome back, I'd love to join you again, at the Battenbergring in 2 weeks time!
Lol poor Colin. I also crashed between him and the sidefence about the middle of the race. I though the gap would be enough for me but, well it wasnt. But a great race yesterday, cool that you joined us!:thumbsup:

I didn't practice at all before the event started but knowing the track and the car I thought half an hour would be enough. Maybe, but not being able to do one clean lap in that period makes you wonder if that was the right decision.
But it didn't matter because when I was fully concentrated when the lights went red, CrewChief thought it was necessary to give me som useless information causing me to do a jumpstart. So drive through penalty. I decided immediately to let everyone pass to not inflict any damage to the other drivers in a situation that I would be last anyway in the next lap. After that i was quite irritated causing me to make even more mistake as I normally do. I think I must have passed Nico about 5 times due to me hitting the straw bails on the last corner and loosing so much time. I pitted very early to cool down a bit but that doesn't work if you immediately hit the wall near the church.

In short: Loved the track, hate myself.

Congrats to the podium. Really incredible laptimes! I hope everyone had a nice race.
Learning point for the Battenbergring: don't overestimate your driving skills in these cars!

I didn't practice at all before the event started but knowing the track and the car I thought half an hour would be enough. Maybe, but not being able to do one clean lap in that period makes you wonder if that was the right decision.
But it didn't matter because when I was fully concentrated when the lights went red, CrewChief thought it was necessary to give me som useless information causing me to do a jumpstart. So drive through penalty. I decided immediately to let everyone pass to not inflict any damage to the other drivers in a situation that I would be last anyway in the next lap. After that i was quite irritated causing me to make even more mistake as I normally do. I think I must have passed Nico about 5 times due to me hitting the straw bails on the last corner and loosing so much time. I pitted very early to cool down a bit but that doesn't work if you immediately hit the wall near the church.

In short: Loved the track, hate myself.

Congrats to the podium. Really incredible laptimes! I hope everyone had a nice race.
Learning point for the Battenbergring: don't overestimate your driving skills in these cars!
This car in these tracks is so tricky that even with practice you can't relax a tenth of a second. So imagine if we dedicate less than an hour.
I hope to see you fighting for top 5 next race, because we both are gonna prepare a lot for it and will be there :cool:
Let's go!!

really need to change my entire setup(but i feel boring to test things) in this race every time i was pushing the gas above 50% my car was trying to kill me even on fast corner was scary .i was lucky Reik did some error otherwise was a mission 90% impossible to catch him . anyway in both race's Mx5's/Abarths and Tvr/Gto the leader lost the lead in the same corner for the same incident.
Yeah, I'm very unhappy I threw away a potential win, doing two silly mistakes. In this event I was lucky to be faster than you but finally you were there, when I dind't hold up concentration. So it's a well deserved win for you mate. I just need to become better and more consistent.

Ernie drove really fast, too. So it wasn't easy to overtake. Well done mate!

Hey y'all! I'm new to AC but have been LOVING Feldbergring. I'd absolutely love to hop in a community race that happens in the future. I'll try to keep an eye out. Cheers!

Hey y'all! I'm new to AC but have been LOVING Feldbergring. I'd absolutely love to hop in a community race that happens in the future. I'll try to keep an eye out. Cheers!
Hi Glaucus,

If you get premium (see tab) and enter your real name in your RDaccount/account details,
I will give you the password to enter the championship for this race.

Hi Glaucus,

The next race in this championship is on the Battenbergring. I'm still doubting if this one or the Feldbergring is my favorite track. So if you don't know it, give it a try. I'm certain you're going to love it. It's downloadable from RaceDepartment.

And as you're new on AC, it's maybe better to get experience with online racing with us with an easier car in the Wednesday Abarth/Mazda events. The Mazda is a perfect car for beginners and there are a lot of nice guys that will help you with tips and setup.

Here's the one for next week. https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...da-mx5-tt-assen-wed-7th-december-2022.252444/

We will certainly do the Feldberging (and other Fat-Alfie's tracks) in 2023 again. I'm a big fan of David's work. I plan to start a championship with Group C cars on long tracks (>10km). Deutschlandring, Feldbergring, Battenbergring and Fonteny will be part of it.

Last edited:
Group C cars on long tracks (>10km). Deutschlandring, Feldbergring, Battenbergring and Fonteny will be part of it.
Doh, did I die and go to heaven?:inlove: :D

Throw in Le Mans (latest version, to even-out car choice if we have to keep the same car), the 'Ring and a cheeky short-ish track event at Sebring, with night/day (which you can do easily with Emperor servers).

I can dream:roflmao::p

Last edited:
Doh, did I die and go to heaven?:inlove: :D

Throw in Le Mans (latest version, to even-out car choice if we have to keep the same car), the 'Ring and a cheeky short-ish track event at Sebring, with night/day (which you can do easily with Emperor servers).

I can dream:roflmao::p
All for you, John. You're welcome :D !

Night/Day will be indeed one of my next tests with Emperor. It does require CSP and maybe SOL. If it works, it would be great in the forests of Deutschlandring!

Sebring however is not long enough for the championship I have in mind but I can use Sebring for the day/night test.

It will be interesting to see the choice of car of the participants.
Clearly the Longtail and Merc will have the edge on Monza66 and LeMans (even with chicanes) but I don't know about the other tracks. As you can't change the car, you have to deal with it for all races.

Last edited:
Night and day I can live with, no bleeding rain though.:confused:
I did a race at Silverstone in ACC, online in the rain, spent 6 laps following a mist.
I could see nothing at all, not a thing, just, occasionally, glimpsed a kerb, if I was lucky:roflmao:
Gave up.:(
The bloke out front really enjoyed the race, well he would wouldn’t he.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 357 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.1%