F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

Hello, I'm trying to change the Driver's and Team's names but I cannot don't find the answer for me to do it my self, can anyone help me? :) Thanks in advance. Following F1 mods chats since long time and this is the very first time I write.

I have the 1.06 patch and no localisation folder was found in the Game Data

Is it possible to replace a current F1 driver's head with one of the generic head models that you can select in career mode? I've tried looking for the models in ERP but cannot find them currently.

Is it possible to replace a current F1 driver's head with one of the generic head models that you can select in career mode? I've tried looking for the models in ERP but cannot find them currently.
Found out myself that it is infact possible to do this!

Using the techniques of the video above, but rather than swapping one line for another, we edit the line to point at the generic driver head.

For example, i changed the following line in all of the XML files referenced:

<part id="Driver::Head" mesh="eaid://character_package/heads/male_driver/lewis_hamilton/idf/lewis_hamilton"

to this:

<part id="Driver::Head" mesh="eaid://character_package/heads/male_generic_driver/james_faflick/idf/james_faflick"

the path to those generic heads can be found at F1 2018\character_package\heads\male_generic_driver, and then just pick the name you want to use.

UMSYUZl.jpg

veoxoHf.jpg

I have noticed a slight glitch with the cap texture mapping, everything else worked fine. The cap worked fine with the recolour previously, hopefully someone can help with that.

I've only tested this as far as the career hub in career mode, but it works there too.

ZRgKMGa.jpg

I have noticed a slight glitch with the cap texture mapping, everything else worked fine. The cap worked fine with the recolour previously, hopefully someone can help with that.

Good work Madp!
The cap issue can be fixed by replacing the male_driver cap_d, cap_n, and cap_s files with the career_cap_d, career_cap_n, and career_cap_s files in the .erp and override the cap_n and cap_s mipmaps in the game.

How did you manage to get the podium faces to work so well? I get awkward contortions on mine.

Good work Madp!
The cap issue can be fixed by replacing the male_driver cap_d, cap_n, and cap_s files with the career_cap_d, career_cap_n, and career_cap_s files in the .erp and override the cap_n and cap_s mipmaps in the game.

How did you manage to get the podium faces to work so well? I get awkward contortions on mine.
It's probably the animations

Found out myself that it is infact possible to do this!

Using the techniques of the video above, but rather than swapping one line for another, we edit the line to point at the generic driver head.

For example, i changed the following line in all of the XML files referenced:

<part id="Driver::Head" mesh="eaid://character_package/heads/male_driver/lewis_hamilton/idf/lewis_hamilton"

to this:

<part id="Driver::Head" mesh="eaid://character_package/heads/male_generic_driver/james_faflick/idf/james_faflick"

the path to those generic heads can be found at F1 2018\character_package\heads\male_generic_driver, and then just pick the name you want to use.

UMSYUZl.jpg

veoxoHf.jpg

I've only tested this as far as the career hub in career mode, but it works there too.

ZRgKMGa.jpg
does seem to have an issue with the driver suit also swapping, any fix for that?

It's probably the animations

Yes probably.
I replaced Leclerc with a generic Juan Lopez head and did not change Leclerc's animset initially.
I have since changed them to Raikkonen's animset but have not been able to test.
Doubt it will work but maybe it can kill the emotion that is skewing the face?
What's interesting is that Madp seems to have achieved the heads showing reactions.

Yes probably.
I replaced Leclerc with a generic Juan Lopez head and did not change Leclerc's animset initially.
I have since changed them to Raikkonen's animset but have not been able to test.
Doubt it will work but maybe it can kill the emotion that is skewing the face?
What's interesting is that Madp seems to have achieved the heads showing reactions.
the one thing I noticed was that when I moved Ricciardo to Renault his emotions moved but others didn't. Ricciardo's emotions were written in the lines swapped which could be the key to that

The file format for that texture is wrong. Car textures with transparency should be save as SRGB BC3 and like Kine said you need to use a black background.
2019-01-07 062029.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back