F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

it is possible to have the 2 cars of the same team with different performance from each other. thanks in advance.:cool:
technically yes, but not with practical use. There is a way to introduce a separate carmodel file for one driver which would allow setting a different performance file to it as well. Doing this would take away cameras from the car which breaks it quite badly (but with interesting results)

(I'm driving as Hulkenberg here, it's from F1 2017 but should be still relevant)

technically yes, but not with practical use. There is a way to introduce a separate carmodel file for one driver which would allow setting a different performance file to it as well. Doing this would take away cameras from the car which breaks it quite badly (but with interesting results)

(I'm driving as Hulkenberg here, it's from F1 2017 but should be still relevant)
Haha looks like it would be fun to mess around with, how did you do it?

Haha looks like it would be fun to mess around with, how did you do it?
just replaced camcarsgame with another carmodel file and for whatever reason it works for one of the two drivers on that team (at least in F1 2017). I tried to see if I could get it to read both cameras and the carmodel in multiple ways but couldn't get that to work so it'd allow for the car to be usable with separated chassis. If it could be made to work it'd be huge as it'd allow separate liveries and performances for cars of the same team (so for example you could use driver numbers with classic chassis) or let's say improve the performance of the McLaren second driver if you have it modded so it's not Alonso and Vandoorne

Ok, thanks a lot.:cool:

Hey, I'm sorry for my English :)

Where I can find a file to change laps in a race (career). I would like to change from 5 laps to 3.

I have a program EGO Erp. Game F1 2018

just replaced camcarsgame with another carmodel file and for whatever reason it works for one of the two drivers on that team (at least in F1 2017). I tried to see if I could get it to read both cameras and the carmodel in multiple ways but couldn't get that to work so it'd allow for the car to be usable with separated chassis. If it could be made to work it'd be huge as it'd allow separate liveries and performances for cars of the same team (so for example you could use driver numbers with classic chassis) or let's say improve the performance of the McLaren second driver if you have it modded so it's not Alonso and Vandoorne
Still seems to work on 2018, I think only for renault though
20190108173109_1.jpg

when working with the 3d car models the decals layer with the sponsor doesn't show up in 3d.
does annyone have anny idea ho I can fix this

when working with the 3d car models the decals layer with the sponsor doesn't show up in 3d.
does annyone have anny idea ho I can fix this
hey man. go to the 3d options select the cylinder icon and look for the teamname_paint and teamname_number. if you select them a new option will appear, just check the option for invisible. to undo just uncheck it. see image below.
2019-01-09 064833.png

If anybody can help me locate the textures for the screens in the Career mod hub before the race you would be a diamond!!!

If anybody can help me locate the textures for the screens in the Career mod hub before the race you would be a diamond!!!
Found it, It was blank in the ERP archiver. If looking for a texture use 3Dsimmed as I did and located it quickly

I want to make a safety car racing, copied model path and it works fine in quick races, but game always crash when loading career mode:
In 6th season-savegame never works
In 1-season savegame(5 races) works while 1 race but always crash when loading next career hub.
Even with default xml's and sounds. Game recheked on Steam.
Any solutions?
And how to move up or disable driver's bodies? They scrape ass on asphalt ! :D
safety 1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 16.9%