F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

What classic car model can I use in order to make a 2005 mod? I was thinking of the 2006 Reanult but the skin mapping is pretty "edgy".Other opsions were a mix of 2004 Ferrari and 2008 McLaren. What do you guys think?

What classic car model can I use in order to make a 2005 mod? I was thinking of the 2006 Reanult but the skin mapping is pretty "edgy".Other opsions were a mix of 2004 Ferrari and 2008 McLaren. What do you guys think?
2004 and 2006 mixed, that's the best way. I already did do most of the skins for 2005 for F1 2017 which I can send over to you if you want (feel free to also use any other 2005 mod assets from 2017, I can send stuff if you need psds)

Go to incardriver.erp and export incardriver.xml
Open it and go down to <scene name="tororosso"> and change
<animset name="animations_driver_in_car/driver_steering_anims/idf/driver_in_car_2018_toro_rosso" /> to
<animset name="animations_driver_in_car/driver_steering_anims/idf/driver_in_car_2018_williams" />
Doesn't seem to have fixed the issue, it's reading that in the xml file now, but the problem persists

2004 and 2006 mixed, that's the best way. I already did do most of the skins for 2005 for F1 2017 which I can send over to you if you want (feel free to also use any other 2005 mod assets from 2017, I can send stuff if you need psds)
That would be awesome, I actually got inspired by you to do a 2005 mod, you said a few weeks back that you were working on that for the 2017. If you can send me the what you already did I can try to end your work and bring the complete mod. Probably after I've completed the F2 mod since I'm working on that now.

That would be awesome, I actually got inspired by you to do a 2005 mod, you said a few weeks back that you were working on that for the 2017. If you can send me the what you already did I can try to end your work and bring the complete mod. Probably after I've completed the F2 mod since I'm working on that now.
do you have Discord so we can talk there? I can also invite you to the server we had for the mod making itself

how to fix texture overlay?

Attachments

• F1_2018 2018-12-29 23-37-08-15.jpg
    F1_2018 2018-12-29 23-37-08-15.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 219
How do I change the Engine of the Cars. aarava did this a few times and its kinda important for my career because of Red Bull Honda
If you mean the engine sounds, go to the erp for the team, then go to the carmodel pkg, you will see a group called f1 audio, you will need to export the carmodel pkg and change the part where it says renault_2018 to Honda_2018
if you are referring to the engine performance, theres some things you have to edit in the xml, bunch of the splines, but you could copy and paste the performance from other engines.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.